A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gitakrishna Balakumar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gitakrishna Balakumar, MD is board certified in Pediatrics.
Education & Awards
Dr. Balakumar graduated from American University of the Caribbean, Coral Gables. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Balakumar has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Balakumar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Choice Arizona - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Ohio Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gitakrishna Balakumar practice?
Dr. Gitakrishna Balakumar practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, and Pediatric Emergency Medicine near Cincinnati, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenix, AZ and Glendale, AZ.
See Cincinnati Pediatricians, Cincinnati Emergency Physicians, and Cincinnati Pediatric Specialists.