Dr. Giuseppe Aliperti Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Giuseppe Aliperti?

Posted on August 31st, 2016

Nothing but kindness. The staff went out of their way to help me.

No respect for patients

Posted on May 25th, 2016

Difficult to make appointment. Did not call with test results. Office staff extremely rude and uncaring.

Cruel and unusual treatment of those suffering with difficult, painful diseases at the hands of Dr. Aliperti and staff

Posted on May 1st, 2014

About seven years ago, I developed gallbladder disease. My internist at the time did not believe my complaints, although my symptoms were quite severe. I had been to Dr. Aliperti's practice previously for a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy, so I decided to see if they might be able to assist me with the problems that I was having at the time. I saw Dr. Sylvanovich, and he immediately suspected gallbladder disease and ordered the proper testing. I eventually had my gallbladder removed, but my symptoms only worsened. So I returned to Dr. Aliperti's practice for more evaluations, and eventually underwent an ERCP. I was diagnosed with sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, affecting both the biliary and pancreatic sphincters. I had the sphincterotomy treatment at that time as well. At this point I had a good opinion of Dr. Aliperti, except that it is almost impossible to get an appointment with him in the office and even when he has you in the hospital as an inpatient he does not come and check on your condition. There is a physician assistant by the name of Keely L. Cook who works in the office and does most of the diagnosing and prescribing, and I frankly do not feel she is qualified. So about six years have passed. In the meantime I have been diagnosed with a systemic autoimmune disease that can also cause changes in the pancreatic duct, as well as chronic pancreatitis. My original symptoms have all returned, plus my pain has spread. Dr. Aliperti and Kelly Cook feel that I need another ERCP, but will not provide it for me because of a certain medication that I take which may complicate the situation somewhat. It is called buprenorphine, and it is used for pain management (in very small doses) and as a maintenance medication for opioid dependence (in much higher doses). I have chronic pain and real, documented medical problems-I shouldn't even be on this medication in the first place. I have been to several pain management doctors in hopes that they would transfer me from this medication to another that actually treats pain, but no doctor seems to want to help me because of this. I can't even go to the hospital when my pain is severe or I am having attacks of SOD. The only recommendation I have been given is to enter a methadone clinic, which hasn't been feasible for me to do because of all of the very strict rules and regulations. All Dr. Aliperti and Kelly Cook are doing for me at this point in time is prescribing pancreatic enzymes. Since they didn't provide me with a referral to a gastroenterologist who may be able to help me, I had to call them in desperation and beg them to refer me to someone else. The medical assistant Michelle Stephens (works with Keely Cook) is always very rude to me on the phone. They don't even know how much my condition has declined, so who knows what kinds of records they have sent to the doctor they have passed me on to. Now I must wait months for a consultation with a brand new physician. In the meantime, I have no appetite, am struggling to not lose any more weight (have lost 40 pounds), fighting malnutrition, chronic nausea, episodes of vomiting and diarrhea, severe reflux, and horrible attacks of abdominal pain in addition to other chronic pain I must deal with. This is simply not right.

Amazing!

Posted on November 25th, 2013

I read others reviews before my first appointment and was scared to death to meet Dr. Aliperti. Having been a patient now for several years I do not know what my life would be like without him. He's incredibly good at what he does and cares about my quality of life. I saw several other doctors that couldn't give me a diagnosis. Scheduling and appointments can be difficult because not many doctors do what he does, and even among those I don't think any are as good. I am willing to rearrange my schedule for the best possible care!

very poor people skills in staff

Posted on September 24th, 2013

Cannot schedule appt with doctor himself. If you need to see the doctor, only appts available are on tuesday at 8:30 or 9:30 am and you may have to wait up to 3 hours to see him. He packs up his stuff and is out of the office by 11 or so per staff. The lady we saw was very nice, professional and very accomodating. However, have had staff be very rude, unprofessional and unaccomodating. Would not refer others to this office.

The Master

Posted on March 6th, 2013

The best ERCP physician in the country. there is a reason I would travel across the country to have the best do such a complex procedure.

Posted on September 8th, 2011

Dr. Aliperti botched a simple procedure on my wife.Now she has to deal with pain,swelling and pancreantitis constantly. He has ruined our lives.

Previous patient and fan

Posted on July 23rd, 2011

Dr. Aliperti was my treating physician after suffering from complications from gallbladder issues that turned into pancreatitis, and resulted in pseudocysts. During my month in the hospital he was nothing but kind and understanding to me. If I have to have ERCP he is the only person I would allow to do it. He is an expert - the expert.

Posted on March 14th, 2011

I HAD A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH DR. ALIPERTI. HE CORRECTED TWO MEDICAL CONDITIONS IN ME THAT MY REGULAR DOCTORS COULD NOT. I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER IN THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS. HE WAS VERY SOFT SPOKEN WHEN HE INFORMED ME THAT I NEEDED ANOTHER SURGERY. I COULDN'T HAVE ASK FOR A BETTER BED SIDE MANNER. NO COMPLAINTS WHAT SO EVER!

good luck

Posted on February 21st, 2011

this doctor has refused to see me in the office. Several times I have had to wait until it was so bad I had to be admitted thru the er. I have also been told to just got to my GP for follow up.

Horrible Bedside Manner!

Posted on October 24th, 2009

While he may be a great doctor in technique and diagnosis, his bedside manner is less than desired. He has little compassion for his patients and he is way too rushed to answer questions. I sometimes wait over an hour to see him at which point I spend 95% with his nurse practitioner and about 5% with him. Quite frankly, I should not be spending that amount of time with a nurse practitioner who does not have the expertise he does. He has very little tolerance for people in pain and just treats us as if we are an assembly line: get 'em in, get 'em out!

Smart Doctor Bad Relationships