Dr. Glen Portwood MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

February 23rd, 2017
WE wouldn't see anyone else, but Dr. Portwood. He is absolutely the best.
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Portwood since 2009. He is very caring and exceptional at explaining procedures and anything found. He has always been concerned about our comfort and great at follow-ups. Neither of us would even consider going to another doctor and colon cancer is in my husband's family, so it's very important for us. Dr. Portwood is among the best. I am at a loss reading these negative reviews for him, that is not the doctor we know. I was sick when I met Dr. Portwood in 2009, he saw me in the waiting room (from behind the counter), had a nurse come and get me, admitted me immediately so I could get the medications I needed and procedures. He took great care in my follow-up, even calling us that Saturday. All doctors should be this caring!

September 22nd, 2016
The staff interaction after the visit with the doctor has been horrible. You are treated as though you are an inconvenience to the staff, especially if you require follow-up procedures outside of Doctor Portwood's office. Its a shame because Dr. Portwood is outstanding.

November 3rd, 2015
Please dont pick this doctor
Please think twice before you pick this doctor as he doesnt explain the situation and above all worst/sick doctor staff. Dont want to even talk about horrible staff.

November 3rd, 2015
Horrible
Horrible. Please dont go to this doctor and also the staff is worst. I cannot give anything more as it is such horrible . Dont pick the phone and even if you leave any voice message you wont get any return call. I was trying from last 2 months and even now no one returns the call. BTW I am calling to check a medical condition with Drs nurse so I could take a appointment but after such horrible experience will never ever go to this doctor.

January 30th, 2015
I think this MD saved my life. Explained every procedure and lab result. He made sure I understood what he was telling me. Told me what to expect with medications and disease process. I would recommend him from the mountain top.

November 17th, 2014
Caring Provider
Dr. Portwood is a caring provider who knows his patients - spends time working through their problems and has a comforting demeanor - he is a true caring physician

September 9th, 2013
Doctor is great-- Office staff is the WORST
I've gone to both office locations (Davidson and University) and in both locations, but especially in the Davidson office, the administrative staff is simply awful. Very unprofessional bordering on rude. There have been several instances that the no one even answered the office phone-- all day! In addition, to get a medication refilled takes days, as in, three or more business days. This is unacceptable. The excuse I got most recently for this delay is that the woman in charge of getting prescriptions to pharmacies is working the job of three people and simply doesn't have enough time in the day to get it all done. Really? As much as I like Dr Portwood, I am looking for a new physician.

July 10th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Let's face it - nobody WANTS to have a colonoscopy! But Dr. Portwood made the experience a very positive one. I highly recommend him.

May 9th, 2013
THE BEST CARING DOCTOR HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT FOUND MY PROMBLEM
DOCTOR,PORTWOOD IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL ABOUT HIS WORK AND CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS, HE IS THE ONLY DOCTOR IN HIS FIELD THAT WAS ABLE TO FIND THE PROMBLEM THAT I HAD ,I ALMOST DIED ,WHEN HE STEPPED IN AND GOT ME BACK ON TRACK.SO I OWE THIS DOCTOR A LOT.AND IF PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HIM SHOULD NOT SAY BAD THINGS BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST .AND HE TAKES TIME TO LISTEN TO YOU AND DOES GET BACK INTOUCH WITH YOU,WITH ANY PROMBLEM YOU MAY HAVE,I RATE DR.PORTWOOD AS HIGH AS YOU CAN GET ON ANY SCALE.

October 16th, 2012
This physician is a shame. He doesn't care your situation/

September 3rd, 2010
Like Dr. Portwood
I found Dr. Portwood not only very personable but spoke in terms I could understand regarding my health issues. I feel he took the time I needed for me to ask questions and understand my health issues.

April 13th, 2009