Dr. Glenn Arvan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 15th, 2016
Dr. Arvan is one of the most knowledgable, friendly, and compassionate Dr's I have came across. He explained my diagnosis and treatment in depth. He helped me get completely healthy again. I highly recommend Dr. Arvan. His staff is also extremely courteous and compassionate. This is a fabulous office!

June 10th, 2016
Good doctor, leaving because of bad staff
The office staff is horrible. I've had appointments rescheduled on me multiple times because they would forget to call my insurance company for authorization. I'll take off of work make an appointment two weeks in advance and get a call the day before that they need to reschedule because they didn't do their job. Then I would have a prescription for an MRI and I would go get the MRI and find out that the office never called my insurance, despite calling multiple times to remind them. to the point where the prescription the doctor wrote for me is expired & I need a new appointment. I'm in pain and I can't keep waiting around like this for them to make a simple phone call....

April 19th, 2016
Excellent
Dr Arvan was great with my son. He took the time to evaluate him properly did many tests to make sure his arm was good. Dr Arvan has a great personality he was caring and overall a pleasure. It's nice to see such a wonderful doctor who did not rush us out. He took the time with my son and that's important. He also was very personable. I would recommend him to anyone that was looking for a great orthopedic doctor. His office staff was great too organized, courteous and was very professional. One last comment the office decor was beautiful if you're looking for a great orthopedic and a great office staff go to Dr. Arvan

November 25th, 2015
Dr.Arvan is an excellent Orthopedic Suegeon
I always go to see Dr .Arvan when I need orthopedic care , because he is excellent. I first meet Dr. Arvan in 2003 when I broke my left wrist ,he was the orthopedic on call in the emergency room. He came in within 30 min, he looked at the x-ray and told me I need to go to surgery. I said to him can you just put a cast on .He said if you want to have a good outcome and be able to use your hand you need to go to surgery so I can put an external fixator (bars and pins in the bone).He was very professional. I was in the hospital for two days. .He came to see me both days. He also call me at home to see how I was feeling. When I went to the office for my follow up visits he was very professional, he didn't rush me I felt like I was the only patient in the office.PS he had a lot of patients waiting to be seen He still took his time .He explain what he did on the x-rays and answered all my questions. After 31/2 months with the external fixator ,he took it off and put a cast on for 3 weeks. He explained why the cast .He didn't want the bones to shift(In physical therapy I saw people with the same fracture who had pain , their hand was crooked. I was happy I had Dr. Arvan fix my wrist. With physical therapy and Dr. Arvans surgery I have full use of my hand. I had small things happen during the next few years until 2015 when I had an accident at work. I had a fall and broke my ribs and fracture my pelvis. .The initial x-rays were negative. He gave me a thorough examine and ordered an MRI of the upper left leg and the pelvis. The MRI showed a fracture .Dr. Arvan is very professional and a thorough physician, The nurses say he is very meticulous in the OR.I also know he has one of the lowest infection rate. With following his protocol and physical therapy I'm healing ahead of .I would recommend him to anyone .His staff is courteous. The office needs to come into the 21ST century ,they need to become computerized. There is too much paper work to be doing it manually.

August 21st, 2015
I NEEDED AN ORTHOPEDIC FOR MY HAND AND I WAS VERY LUCKY TO FIND HIM. ,HE DID EXCELLENT JOB WITH MY HAND

June 10th, 2015
GRATEFUL FOR DR. A
DR. ARVAN & HIS STAFF ARE THE MOST PROFESSIONAL & CARING STAFF ANYONE COULD EVER ASK FOR. FROM MY FIRST CALL TO THE OFFICE, KATHIE'S SINCERE CONCERN FOR MY MEDICAL SITUATION WAS COMFORTING, AND SHE ASSURED ME THATI MADE THE RIGHT DECISION IN CALLING DR. ARVAN'S OFFICE. ALAN'S PLEASANT MANNER FOR ASKING WEEKLY UPDATES ON MY CONDITION PUT ME AT EASE. DURING MY FIRST MEETING WITH DR. ARVAN, I IMMEDIATELY KNEW HE WAS THE PERFECT FIT FOR ME. HE TOOK ALL THE TIME NECESSARY TO EXPLAIN HIS PLAN FOR MY RECOVERY & DID IT IN A CARING AND HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL MANNER. HE'S ONE OF THOSE DOCTORS WHO TRULY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS, AND IS COMPLETELY DEDICATED TO MAKING YOUR RECOVERY SMOOTH AND AS WORRY-FREE AS POSSIBLE. I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE CALLED HIS OFFICE THAT DAY, AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. ARVAN TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GRADE A - EXCELLENT - SUPER ORTHOPEDIST!

May 17th, 2015
Dr Arvan is an excellent doctor
Whenever I need to get orthopedic care, I always go to see Dr. Arvan because he is an excellent doctor. In 2005, I had a frozen shoulder (right shoulder). In 2008, I had a work injury in my left arm with rotator cuff tear & again I had a frozen shoulder (left shoulder). Recently, I had a car accident, my neck & right knee injured. Doctor examined very thoroughly, took time & explained clearly about my MRI reports & X-rays, discussed with me about the treatments & gave whatever the treatments best for me, for each injury. I’ve got 2-3 shots to each shoulder & with Physical therapy, shoulders came back to normal without surgery. He is a good doctor, good listener, very easy to talk & can ask many questions. He truly cares his patients. Also I don’t forget to mention his staff. They are friendly & very helpful too. I am very pleased with Dr. Arvan’s expertise and his treatments. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Arvan to anyone who needs orthopedic care.

May 28th, 2014
Quiet, efficient, and thorough
Dr. Arvan is a knowledgeable and caring dr. who I would not hesitate to recommend to others.

April 25th, 2014
crazy place
Ok I like the doctor, but the staff are a bunch of low-level, low-skilled employees who cannot answer even the simplest questions. I had to talk to some women who was the office administrator. She is definitely OCD, extremely repetitive. She downtalks to the staff, very inappropriate. Dr. Arvan cannot take an xray in his office, you are sent over to radiology. I never heard of an orthopedist who sends you out. I might have come back if not for being sent out, and the loopy staff and manager.

April 19th, 2014
An Ortho Who Is More Than Just Bones
On (a) Sunday through Wednesday, I had intermittent excruciating pains that ran from my hips to mid-thigh. My GP told me to consult an orthopedist, so I went to see Dr. Arvan later that Wednesday. (Fortunately, another patient cancelled, so I was able to get an appointment that day.) Dr. Arvan had his staff retrieve reports from a radiology lab of x-rays taken a year ago. He examined me thoroughly. He ordered an MRI. Upon receiving the results of the MRI, Dr. Arvan had his staff schedule another appointment for me. Even though (amazingly) I had no further flare-ups, Dr. Arvan determined that my condition needed attention. The first thing he told me is that I've got arthritis in much of my back and this is being greatly exacerbated by my being overweight and that I need to lose the excess weight. Dr. Arvan suggested several resources for accomplishing this. Although he said nothing I hadn't already known, for some reason, I am inspired to begin a weight-loss regimen of some kind. Note that in mentioning the weight, Dr. Arvan's tone and manner were ones of concern, not ones of a lecturer or of derision. Dr. Arvan also prescribed physical therapy treatments. And what really impressed me is that he did not stop there. He saw by my medical history that I am on a long-term regimen of a cortico-steroid for control of my asthma. Dr. Arvan said this could contribute to my arthritis and also might have a negative effect on my vision. (I had 2 cataract surgeries over the past 2 years.) Per Dr. Arvan's instructions, I will schedule an appointment with my ophthalmologist for a comprehensive eye exam. Dr. Arvan also suggested that I have a blood test to check my liver and kidneys. As I have blood work every 3 months, I will have my GP forward the lab report to Dr. Arvan. So the bottom line here is that Dr. Arvan is that rare specialist who is concerned about the whole person, not just the part of the person relevant to his specialty. I am glad I consulted Dr. Arvan because I found that he is very thorough and is concerned for my overall well-being. I would recommend him to anyone who has a condition that requires attention from an orthopedist.

April 1st, 2014
Wonderful Doctor
Dr Arvan has been treating me for a fractured wrist. I've had quite a few visits to his office now and each time, I come away with a greater appreciation of Dr. Arvan and his staff than I had before. The staff is very friendly and professional. They treat me like an old friend and make every effort to accommodate my schedule when they give me appointments to see the doctor. Of course, this would be meaningless unless the doctor were good and Dr. Arvan is great. His examinations and interviews are very thorough. He explains everything, from course of treatment to expected results very clearly and patiently. I've been following Dr. Arvan's instructions and my wrist has been healing exactly as he said it would. I would recommend Dr. Arvan to anyone who needs orthopedic care.

February 9th, 2014
An Excellant Doctor
I have had problems with my ankle for many years. I have been to many orthopedic surgeons basically. They had me visit their office one visit after another and never helped my condition. Dr Arvan showed concern, compassion and was determined to cure my pain. He operated on my Achilles Tendon two years ago. It has never felt better. A few weeks after my surgery Dr. Arvans advised I start physical therapy. After this I was a new person. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Arvan and his entire staff. The office is run so well and everyone is so courteous and helpful there.