Dr. Glenn Axelrod MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 12th, 2016
Has taken very good care of me over the years. Honest and direct, I have had two shoulder surgeries and several broken bones and a up coming knee surgery. I trust him completely, always done good by me!

July 20th, 2015
great

November 21st, 2014
Dr. Axelrod and staff
Dr. Axelrod is kind, caring and an excellent surgeon. He makes you feel comfortable and confident about your surgery and with him as your doctor. He's professional but personable. I was in "good hands" in every aspect.

April 28th, 2013
He does not spend more than 5 minutes with you. He seems agitated and dismisses any questions. Did not like him at all and I wish I had read the other reviews because I wasted my time with an uncaring doctor.

October 9th, 2012
This doctor diagnosed my metatarsal fracture and told me to baby my foot and walk flatfooted. If there is no improvement in 10 weeks to come back. No other treatment was offered. After limping along with a very sore foot for 10 weeks, I sought another doctor. I needed surgery and am doing much better. During my brief (5-7 minutes) encounter with Dr. Axelrod, I found him to be very arrogant and he couldn't get out of the examining room fast enough. I walked by his desk as I left, and there he was with his face in his cell phone. I would not recommend him.

September 1st, 2012
Too much in a hurry to collect his fee.
Dr Axelrod treated me for a frozen shoulder which resulted in surgery in May 2012 to remove a bone spur. He preformed an open surgery rather than arthoscopic without explaining the difference or possible outcomes of each. I am 51 years old, and open surgeries are typically more stress on your body, resulting in more pain and a longer recovery. They also have a tendency to result in tissue freezing even when preformed on a shoulder that is not frozen. He did not send me to physical therapy until 17 days after the surgery. All this, I discovered after my surgery. In my opinion, he was grossly negligent in my treatment, even making a joke about my now severely frozen shoulder at my last appointment. I have never endured the pain that I have had since this surgery, not to mention being disabled, all while trying to meet my responsibilites as primary provider for my family. I am now preparing for a second surgery with Upstate Orthopedics to address my frozen shoulder, missing more work and enduring even more pain and intense therapy. I feel that Dr. Axelrod is in too much of a hurry to actually read reports and make an individual diagnosis.

August 11th, 2012
Money, money money.....
This Doctor was too in a hurry to get to the next appointment to even read my PT reports or let me finish my sentences. He has a reputation of being a great surgeon, but he preformed an open surgery on my shoulder without explaining the procedure. He failed to send me to therapy for 17 days afterwards. I now have a frozen shoulder and need another surgery to release it...all of course resulting in more pain, time, and missed work.

September 22nd, 2009
Excellent
Excellent surgeon. He repaired my husband's torn rotator cuff and he is good as new - no complications.