Dr. Glenn Buttermann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

November 7th, 2016
Highly Recommend
I have had to have several surgeries because of degenerating disk. Dr. Buttermann has done them all. He is very competent. All diagnosis have been correct and the 3 back and 1 neck have been successful. My pain has disappeared! I would highly recommend Dr. Buttermann and his team.

October 18th, 2016
if you want to see a doctor that knows what is wrong and what to do, Dr. Glenn Buttermann is the person to see, he is one of the best spine doctors out there.

July 12th, 2016
Absolutely excellent doctor!

February 1st, 2016
Dr. Butterman is an amazing and awesome doctor! He blessed my mom, Lois with many more years that she would not have had. We are very grateful.....needing another surgery - but have Faith that all will go well!

July 3rd, 2015
Glenn Butterman has the worst bedside manner. When I have an appointment he doesnt see me for at least one full hour (sometimes longer) past my apt time. Then he spends three minutes with me and walks out the door without answering any of my questions. He did a full spinal fusion on me, 2 years ago, and I am not in more pain than before my surgery. The fusion has healed fully and now I need to have the hardware removed because it is rubbing on my muscles too much. If you have the chance, see someone else.

September 10th, 2012
I only saw Dr Butterman twice, usually see Eric PA and trying to get scheduled with him is interesting. Several times I've been scheduled to see Eric in one office just to be told that he is not at that office and I have to reschedule to an office that is not convenient for me. And the meds, it's like pulling teeth to get refills for pain meds. I suggest you call for another refill as soon as pick up 1st or you will be out of meds and staff doesn't care ,I'm not saying the Docs, PAs, or CNPs don't care, I'm talking about the admin staff. Also, its been just over a year since my lumbar fusion and I love the fact that I no longer have pain in my legs, my back still hurts, still difficult to stand or walk to long (minutes). Have found out I have more DDD in cervical spine. I've got to say I am thinking long and hard if I will allow Butterman/Eric to to fix this.Good Luck

August 6th, 2011
Waited For Dr. Buttermann for 4 Hours To No Avail
After having cervical fusion surgery (3rd one in a year), there were some serious complications after I was sent home. Not getting anyone to call me back from their Burnsville office I tried their afterhours on call. Dr Butterman was the on call physician. The lady leaving him messages to call me back was very professional and embarassed by the lack of professionalism, but after waiting for over 4 hours to get a call back and leaving many messages, Dr. Butterman quickly just told the woman to tell me to go to the ER without calling to confirm symptoms.Midwest Spine Institute has some fine physicians, but you wouldn't know it from the quality of their office workers and Dr Butterman.

May 23rd, 2011
Had major back surgery performed by Dr. Buttermann. The surgery went well, but his aftercare was terrible and left me at sifnificant risk.