Dr. Glenn Cook Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Glenn Cook?

Diabetic Macular Edema

Have you seen Dr. Glenn Cook?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2016

Outcome of surgery better than high hopes!

Dr. Cook is an excellent eye surgeon. My experience with him and his staff has been all high fives. I was hoping to find one of the best surgeons in San Diego and I totally believe I did that. Warm, professional, efficiently run office, highly skilled technicians, and I feel fortunate to have been accepted as a patient by Dr. Cook.

October 18th, 2013

Second Opinion

I was reading some of Dr. Cooks reviews and it make me write this one. When I go to a Doctors office all I really care about is the end result. Every review I read seemed to say he was a man that knows what he is doing and was going to fix my problem. I really don't care about his bedside manors or how much time he spends with me. In my opinion he spent the time he needed to. He was confident, committed and I thought very professional. His whole staff was great from the start to the finish! I had RK done over 20 years ago. I have cataracts now and because of the RK no one wanted to do the surgery or made me feel comfortable about doing one. In the mean time my eyes are getting worse and worse! I am now scheduled for a surgery and I will let you all know how it goes. isn't that the main purpose of a Surgent?!

August 17th, 2013

Shocked and never returning.

I recently saw Dr. Cook in his Coronado office. I had a referral from my optometrist. He asked me one question and in my view, made a rude remark about my vision. What he didn't know was that I am a teacher for students with visual impairments. Totally shocked.

April 5th, 2012

Excelent clinician, people skills leave something to be desired

My husband had a cataract lens replacement with Dr. Cook last month. Though his clinical expertise is excellent, his skills at relating with us were lacking. I am an RN. At the initial office visit, Dr. Cook made a negative comment about Medicare. Seeing that much of his income is derived from Medicare, I found this to be a bit hypocritical. On the day of my husband's surgery, I was with him from the time of pre-surgery admission until he went to the OR. I then, as instructed by the nursing staff, waited in the lobby (which at this facility is the only waiting area availble for family members who are having surgery). Dr. Cook was to come to the lobby at the completion of the procedure to let me know how it went. That never occured. No one else made any contact with me until my husband was being wheeled out the front door for discharge. I find that inexcusable and non-professional. We saw Dr. Cook for my husband's follow-up visit the next day and no apology was offered. Dr. Cook's usual schedule is to do multiple cataract len replacements back-to-back (as many as 5 were done the morning of my husband's procedure and we were told that this was a "light day"). I was left with the impression that we were simply cattle moving thru the process. My husband has to have the lens replaced in his other eye and we have made an appt. with another ophthalmologist for that.

May 28th, 2011

Great Physician!

I entirely disagree with the previous comment, I have been going to see Dr. Cook for many years and have discovered he is a no nonsense type of guy. While he might have disciplined a staff member, he also will tell you straight up if a surgery is not right for you, or all your options especially when it is an expensive surgery and I was very nervous. He also remembered facts about my studies and asked how it was going in a genuine manner. I wasn't just one of hundreds of patients after a long day. I would rather have that type of caring manner and someone who doesnt let their staff mess around than have a fake doctor who won't give me the facts. This is the best eye surgeon in San Diego, without a doubt!

June 8th, 2010

DR COOK: Very angry and unprofessional today

While Dr. Cook's ratings as physician may be good, I was very put out by his unprofessional and angry manner of handling what appeared to be an internal staff matter.What is especially disconcerting is that he handled this matter in front of a patient who apparently had just undergone surgery recently, to the point where she was extremely upset and in tears - at least she was in tears as she left the office in front of us. Dr. Cook's staff was equally visibly upset.I'm sorry to say that I must give Dr. Cook an F in bedside manner - or certainly in running an office, such that it spills over into his patients.

July 12th, 2017