Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon

696 Hampshire Rd
Ste 180
Westlake Village, CA 91361
805-370-6877
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Exceptional doctor and hand surgeon!  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2014

Most doctors of such high caliber as Dr Glenn Cohen only exist in the University hospital environment. We are extremely fortunate that he chose to practice in Ventura County. Exceptional doctor and hand surgeon! Very caring, also

|  Doctors Doctor  |  show details
by Family Practice M.D. on May 15th, 2014

Every doctor in town knows that Dr. Cohen is the go to person for their own personal hand problems. I send all my patients to him and my family too. No need to drive into L.A. for a University full of residents in training. Stay local and get the best care around.

|  Best Dr I Have Ever Been To  |  show details
by Ron on Jan 4th, 2014

I originally saw Dr. Cohen for a broken wrist. I found his office to be very professional and efficient. Dr. Cohen is an outstanding doctor and I have seen him many times since my wrist injury and I would recommend him highly to anyone that asks. I know that all the people I recommended to Dr. Cohen have also felt the same as me. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my hand wrist or elbow needs.

|  Unprofessional & Unskilled  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2013

There is a reason why it is so easy to get an appointment with Dr. Cohen....he is terrible. Worse outcome than I could have possibly imagined. Had to go to a much more qualified doctor in Los Angeles to fix his mistakes.

|  Dr Cohen is a great doctor  |  show details
by Sondra C on Jul 31st, 2013

Liked the fact that a surgeon went out of his way to treat my problem without surgery. I was given options of how I could be treated and told pros and cons of each option. Dr Cohen took the time to help me understand my problem. He did not rush me in and out of the office. His staff was very helpful. My hand is working just fine now thanks to the accurate diagnosis .

by Kevin Ferguson on Apr 24th, 2013

Dr. Cohen and his entire staff are friendly, helpful, and extremely professional while still maintaining a "family" atmosphere. I highly recommend him.

|  From Doc to Family Friend  |  show details
by Isaiah on Mar 13th, 2013

I met Dr. Cohen nearly 13 years ago when I had a life-changing complicated injury to my left wrist. When I met him for the first time in the ER, I was impressed with his care, knowledge, confidence, and follow through. After a tough surgery, I was and still am very happy with the results. He is an amazing doctor who is not only smart, but personable and trustworthy. He is my "designated doctor" for work purposes in addition to a close family friend. If you are on the fence about a doctor for your hand, wrist or upper extremity, look no further!

|  A very happy patient  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2012

I spent months with forearm pain. So happy I met Dr. Glenn Cohen. He figured out my problem quickly and after therapy, injections and some activity modifications I am now 100% better. Doctor Cohen gave me all the time necessary (and I need a lot of time :)His staff is equally approachable and warm. I will use him for any hand, wrist or elbow problem!!.

|  Injury from boxing  |  show details
by Amanda on Aug 8th, 2012

Dr. Cohen put my hand in a brace after I injured it in my cardio boxing class. He didn't try to sell me on any surgery or other options. My hand was better after a month of wearing the brace at night. Office staff is very friendly. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family!!!

Mar 5th, 2012

Felt like I was at a car dealership. He's arrogant.

Doctor's Response

Sorry that anonymous felt this way. Dr. Cohen does like to inform his patients about their choices of treatment. He is not the type of doctor that just tells his patients what they should do. The patient must be part of the decision making process. After more than a decade running a private practice Dr. Cohen has found this to be the best recipe for success. There are rare patients, like this one, who prefer to be removed from the decision making process and given treatment without much say. There are physicians for this type of patient. Not Dr. Cohen.

|  An Outstanding Physician  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2012

About 4 years ago, I first met Dr. Cohen after severely breaking my hand in two places while playing soccer. Naturally, at the young age of 13 and never having broken a bone before, I was very nervous about what laid ahead in my future treatment; however, within minutes of meeting Dr. Cohen and his friendly staff my parents and I knew that I was in great hands. He emphasized the importance of trying to treat my injury without surgical intervention, only to use it if necessary and this instantly relieved my mother and I. Eventually, I did need surgery for my hand and had 4 pins placed to ensure my hand healed properly and Dr. Cohen's incredible bedside manner relaxed me and gave me even more confidence in his abilities and in my treatment. After the surgery, I experienced zero complications and had no pain in my hand and healed very quickly. Each office visit was a joy despite my circumstance and I always looked forward to seeing Dr. Cohen and his helpful staff for my check-ups. My appointments were always quick yet very thorough and I never left with any questions as Dr. Cohen always informed me of everything I needed to know regarding my treatment. Since then I have returned for a second surgery and experienced nothing but continued and expceptional service at his practice. Whenever I have a problem with my hands, I will return to Dr. Cohen without hesitation and I could not recommend anyone else to provide for conditions relating to my hands.

|  WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND STAFF  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr. Cohen is an outstanding doctor and surgeon. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate. His staff is efficient and helpful. He was quick to diagnose my problem, and I have been very pleased with all my interactions with Dr. Cohen and his office staff.

|  Amazing Surgeon  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2012

Dr. Cohen diagnosed a problem I had for years that others doctors could not figure out. He operated on me and I feel amazing. Thanks Dr. Cohen, you are the best!

|  fixed my wrist  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

typing with one hand. one of nicest doctors I've ever met and great staff.

|  Great care!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2011

Dr. Cohen has cared for both me and my child and I couldn't be more pleased! His staff is helpful and engaging, especially with my curious and slightly apprehensive 5 year old. Dr. Cohen himself is patient, kind, and very knowledgable in his field. He takes his time to understand the problem and carefully describe the treatment options and course of care. Highly recommended!!

|  No Better Dr. Around!  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

I went to see Dr. Cohen. Both he and his staff immediately put me at ease. His knowledge and expertise are clearly above the rest. I recommend him to everyone I know and they all say the same thing about him and his staff after they see him!

|  Joan G  |  show details
by Joan G. on Jul 26th, 2010

Dr. Cohen was recommended to me by several people. I called to make an appointment and was impressed by the attitude and efficiency of the staff. I got to my appointment and couldn't believe how nice the office was and how nice everyone was. I only waited five minutes to see the doctor. Dr. Cohen explained everything very well to me, on a level that I could understand, and discussed all of my treatment options. After seeing other doctors for the same problem, I felt like Dr. Cohen really cared about me and my problem and knew what he was talking about. I will recommend him to everyone and anyone that asks!

|  This doctor no longer takes Medicare  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2010

Dr. Cohen stopped taking medicare after the health reform bill was passed. Thus, he seems to be more interested in making money than the actual well being of his patients. I would not reccomend him. Additionally, he has part ownership in Meridian Hand Therapy in which he over zealously sends his patients to.

Doctor's Response

Interesting remark from an individual who chose to remain anonymous. First and foremost Glenn D. Cohen, M.D. has zero ownership in Meridian Hand therapy. If in fact Dr. Cohen was more interested in making money than the well being of his patients then he would have 100% ownership in Meridian (which by the way is 100% allowable and legal). In order to squelch accusations like this one Dr. Cohen has no ownership whatsoever. His decision to utilize therapy is based on his belief that therapy is a major part of hand care. Outcomes from surgery are considerably better with hand therapists on board. Especially since Dr. Cohen frequently walks to therapy and checks on his post-ops (at no charge to anyone). Dont be misled by this individual promoting a political agenda. Dr. Cohen feels strongly that existing medicare structure does not support or allow for good medical care. He does not believe that the reform will change that. Dr. Cohen will continue to practice the highest level of hand/wrist and elbow care. Listen to his patients remarks. www.handsurgeon.org

|  Professor  |  show details
by Professor RH on Jun 29th, 2010

I am a university music professor. My hands are everything to me. I sought treatment by an attending surgeon at my university. He recommended surgery and did not give anything else much thought. I was depressed and scared of losing function permanently. Then I learned about Dr. Cohen on a musician website. He was highly spoken of. I made the 90 minute drive, waited 10 minutes in the office and then had the best interaction with an M.D. I have ever had. Dr. Cohen suggested a conservative course of treatment. He cared and his staff was equally concerned. It took a little longer but now I am back to the way I was before my problem and I have no surgery scar!!! If you want to be treated by a doctor who treats you like his brother Dr. Cohen is your Hand Specialist. A true mensch!!

|  A happy Mom  |  show details
by Happy Mom!!! on Apr 13th, 2010

My husband and I made a huge mistake. My high school daughter broke her wrist. The ER referred her to a "specialist" We saw the doctor and he was a specialist. A specialist in every body part it seemed like. There was an 85 year old lady with a hip replacement and a 40ish runner with knee pain in the office with us. We made the mistake of letting the Hip and knee guy touch our daughter. Primarily because he took our insurance (you get what you pay for :( and because the ER referred him. Our daughter did quite poorly after the surgery. Fortunately she had several classmates who saw Dr. Cohen. He is a true hand, wrist and elbow specialist. No knees, no backs, no hips in his practice. Everyone in there had a hand, wrist or elbow problem. He even refers to a therapy group in the same office. They also are hand specialists.Long story short Dr. Cohen re operated on the knee surgeons bad work and basically saved the day and my kids wrist. He is incredibly gifted and a great man too.People do your research before you see a doctor!!! See the most specialized person you can and ask around the community.

|  Best Dr Ever  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2010

I brought my daughter in to see Dr. Cohen. The care he and his office staff gave us was amazing. I wish Dr. Cohen could treat my family and me for every ailment that we have. No matter where I live and how far I have to go, I will see Dr. Cohen for all of my Orthopedic hand, wrist and elbow needs.

|  Greatest Doctor and Staff I have ever been to  |  show details
by Guadalupe G. on Nov 23rd, 2009

Dr. Glenn Cohen runs an incredible practice. The office and staff are bright, attentive and respectful of everyone. I wish every office and Doctor ran their practice like this. Well done!!!

|  Gina C  |  show details
by Gina C. on Oct 30th, 2009

All I can say is wow!! From the moment they answer the phone this place knows what they are doing. Making an appointment in an emergency was easy. Hardly waited very long, Everyone treated me like a celebrity. Dr. Cohen was thoughtful, kind, comforting and he knows his stuff. Surgery was painless (he did a nerve block) and I have full function and no scar. If I ever move across the country I will be flying back here if my hands, wrist or elbow need any care.

|  Marcia G. Bakersfield  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2008

I drove 90-120 minutes to see Dr. Cohen. He is fantastic and worth seeing no matter where you drive from. I would not let anyone else touch my elbow ever again. He is a great man with great hands.

|  Great Wrist doctor  |  show details
by FRank R. on Dec 4th, 2008

fantastic doctor and person!

|  Dr. Cohen saved my wrist  |  show details
by H.M. J. on Oct 28th, 2008

Dr. Cohen was recommended by practically everyone I encountered in Thousand Oaks. People saw my splint on and they asked what happened to me. I explained that I had surgery by a plastic surgeon after a bad fall. My wrist did not feel right and I knew something was wrong. After 2 additional surgerys by Dr. Glenn Cohen my wrist is doing great. He is highly skilled and explained everything to me each step of the way. It is no wonder that everyone sent me to him. I recommend Dr. Cohen without hesitation. I only wish I had seen him before the other surgeon.

Oct 18th, 2006 on yahoo.com

thumb fixed w/ no surgery: A doctor at another office recommended surgery on my thumb. A friend referred me to Dr. Cohen for a second opinion, so glad I did. I never needed the surgery and my thumb is great! Thanks!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Sep 12th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Wouldn't go there again on a bet.: Terrible office staff. Paid in full for services and expected something to submit to insurance within a couple days. Two weeks later, no paperwork.Regarding problem with hand. Tried one thing, cost a lot. No help. Maybe

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Doctor's Response

Anonymous did not understand the complexity of paperwork submission to the insurance company. Paperwork was submitted the same day but the insurance company did not respond to him in 2 weeks. Regarding his problem you cannot expect a 3 year old problem to clear up in 2 weeks. Not really fair to give 1 star because of his misunderstanding of paperwork and unrealistic expectations with a chronic injury.