Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Save your breath and time...DO NOT make an appointment show details Save your breath and time...DO NOT make an appointment
by Kathy T on Feb 9th, 2015

There were no other patients there. My appointment was for 1PM. After 45 min I asked was there a problem. Was told he would see me soon. At 2:30 I again asked if there was some sort of emergency that had come up, if so, should I rebook. Was not given any explanation, just told he would see me soon. At 3:30 I again asked should I rebook. Was told no he would see me soon. At 4Pm I was taken into a room and a girl sat down at the computer and started asking and typing all the info that was on papers I had brought filled out. She said it was easier to type answers from me than for her to type from the forms. At 4:20 Dr. Genovese came in (3hours & 20min after my appt time), introduced himself to my husband, and me (no apology for tardiness), had me drop my chin to my chest and look up to the right, then to the left, then lifted my left hand and started slowly bending it backwards, asked if it hurt. I said no. I have idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis(IBF). He asked what treatment other than the oxygen I was using did I use. I said none. There is no treatment nor cure. He left the room. The receptionist walked in, handed us copy of our visit, said the dr wanted to see me in 6 months, would do a breathing test then. That is it. I made appt. and drove 4 hours to my pulmonologist in Austin(that is why I had seen Dr. Genovese, we had moved to dfw area, was time for my breathing check up). My pulmonologist did breathing test, saw fibrosis was worse, upped my oxygen level. He said the exam Dr. Genovese had no significance regarding IBF. To all who read this, please look for a more knowledge, caring doctor.

Dr Genovese show details Dr Genovese
by Linda H on Feb 6th, 2015

I had to wait a long time just to make it into an examining room. When Dr Genovese did appear, he was cold and aloof. After asking me a few questions, he left the room and made me wait an extraordinarily long time in order to pop back into the room. I explained that I was new to Texas as well as a new patient with severe COPD. I asked for information regarding the local lung transplant center but never received any referrals. I am extremely disgusted with this so called pulmonologist and refuse to see him again.

So Greatful for his excellent critical care! show details So Greatful for his excellent critical care!
Jan 23rd, 2014

I had a sudden cardiac arrest in early Nov 2013 and was admitted to Denton Regional and in a coma for three days. I am so thankful that Dr. Genovese was on staff when I arrived. He stayed with me and provided excellent critical care. He played a key role in my survival, typically only 5%. Thank you Dr. Genovese. I am blessed and every day is a gift.

Thankful for him show details Thankful for him
by Thankful patient on Feb 5th, 2013

He was awesome in every way to me and my Family answered questions spent time in hospital Made us feel important. If you land in the hospital And he is your doctor you will be blessed

Feb 6th, 2012

Ran 40 minutes late and I was the first appointment of the day. No excuse for this, my time is valuable too.When I did get to see him he did little for me. I found this site as I am looking for a new Doctor.

Feb 11th, 2011

A dog would get better treatment then what this Dr gives a human being. I would only see this man if I was extremely desperate! Probably not even then! He and his staff are a complete joke. He performs a large amount of unnecessary procedures. He lies to his patients. His overall care is poor poor poor!! How does a Physician like him still have a license to treat people? Dr Genovese how do you sleep at night knowing that you suck??

Absolutely DO NOT Recommend show details Absolutely DO NOT Recommend
Nov 23rd, 2010

Dr. Genovese was consistently late, uncaring and just all around worthless. He was consistently late checking in on me, lied directly to my face about the status of my treatment in order to hurry his visit and simply did not care at all. He would spend 2 minutes at the most explaining things to me before making me wait another 24 hours for another 2 minutes of "his time." I would not recommend him to even the most desperate of patients and honestly wonder how he sleeps at night. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!