Dr. Glenn Iben Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Glenn Iben?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 15th, 2016

corrupt or clueless?

I was a patient at the facility for the last 3 years. I had a very unpleasant visit last week, so I waited a few days to write this review, in order to let my anger and adrenaline dissipate. I hope that the interim has allowed me to assess my astounding experiences there with better objectivity. I must start by saying that the medical care provided to me by Dr. Iben was excellent. He is one of the most intelligent, knowledgeable, and professional people I have ever met. I credit him greatly for the restoration of my physical and mental health. The following complaints are not directed at Dr. Sartain, as I was only treated by her 1 time for a few minutes. I am very suspicious of her, as her diagnosis was in contravention of Dr. Iben's in a way that, if followed, would not help me 1 iota but would generate a large revenue for the practice The absurd level of administrative ineptitude at times made me believe that soon Allen Funt would tell me I was on Candid Camera, Ashton Kutcher would say I was being Punk'd, or John Quinones would ask me "What Would You Do?" Almost nothing anybody said could be relied upon. The entire purpose of the office was to maximize profit. As a CPA and professional investor, I have nothing against capitalism, but a medical practice's primary objective should be the holistic health of its patients, with a reasonable profit as a desirable byproduct. My personal experience and observation of the treatment of other patients convinces me that the management regarded their clientele as commodities and natural resources to be exploited rather than human beings. In my 16 visits I spent a total of 80 hours in the waiting room. You read that correctly! I didn't leave off a number or decimal point. The average wait for a five minute perfunctory examination was 5 hours. I would bring in work or reading material in anticipation of a daylong wait. The level of arrogance and incompetence put me in mind of the immortal question boxing analyst Max Kellerman would ask a judge after hearing an incomprehensibly awful decision: Are you corrupt or just clueless? The most memorable fiascoes are as follows: 1). I got a phone call at 10 A.M. 3 days before my appointment, saying that their schedule was empty that morning and if I came in then I could be in and out in 10 minutes. I cleared my schedule and drove the 20 minutes to the facility, only to see 25 patients ahead of me in the waiting room. After the standard 5 hour wait, I asked the doctor for an explanation. He stated that the office manager was a pathological liar who loaded his schedule with drug dependent Medicaid patients to give prescriptions to in an assembly line like manner to maximize patient turnover and take home pay. The long waits were a result of his resistance to this cynical, inhumane, dangerous and illegal method of practice, a gross violation of his license and The Hippocratic Oath. As an aside, he stated that if her black Hummer ever broke down, she could fly home on her broom. I'll chalk this one up to corruption. 2) The office called my prescription to the wrong pharmacy, unbeknownst to me until I ran out. Despite dozens of repeated calls by me and the pharmacist that went unanswered, eventually the office closed for 2 weeks over the Christmas/New Year holiday, leaving me without this necessary life-saving medication. The pharmacy could not advance me 20 days of my prescription, so I had to make an $80 clinic visit to get it. When I complained to the management, they were befuddled as to why I was upset. I'll ascribe this one to clueless- ness. 3). I arrived on time for my 11:30 A.M. appointment, clearing my schedule until 5 P.M. that night expecting the usual 5 hour wait. I had a crucial meeting scheduled for 7 P.M. that could not be rescheduled. At 3:30 P.M. there were still 10 patients ahead of me. I was told to cancel my 5 P.M appointment, but was certain to make the 7 P.M. one. I offered to come back in 2 days when I could wait all day with no inconvenience; They told me the office would shut down for 2 months, forcing me to wait there because it was the only way to get a refill of my life-saving medication. My appointment ended at 8:45 P.M. You read that right. A 9 hr.15 minute wait to have a 5 minute rubber stamp appointment. When I complained about the wait, missing my meeting, etc., I got no apology, reimbursement, empathy or any normal human response. The manager stated that I had no grounds for complaint, was free to leave and that they were doing me a favor and I should be happy for their great service. I write that off as a combination of corruption and clueless. Even the airlines give you a bag of peanuts when they leave you waiting on the tarmac for over 9 hours. 4).I made an appointment for 3 months later, watching them pencil it in and taking my appointment card. One day before my prescription lapsed, I cleared my schedule, drove the 45 minute round trip in 0 degree wind chill at 9 A.M. to find the doors locked.I called them to open the door to be told they unilaterally cancelled my appointment with no notification. Under duress, I rescheduled the following day, needing my prescription filled. When I arrived I was told that Dr. Iben was no longer there and I was out of network, resulting in a $150 fee rather than the anticipated $30 co-pay.They know the only reason I go there is to see Dr. Iben and that my insurance covers the visits. My complaints were met very unsympathetically. Clueless and corrupt. I considered filing a claim against the practice, but decided not to. I don't really care about recovering the money that I was defrauded out of, but I would like to register my disgust. A cursory search on checkmate reveals that the facility, its proprietors, and staff have been the subject of around 100 legal actions in multiple jurisdictions over the past 25 years. They are currently defendants in about 10 active cases, ranging from license revocation, tax noncompliance, all the way to not paying their landscapers or Workman's Compensation for 6 years running Verdict: Clueless and corrupt

January 17th, 2016

Nice person....

A nice person who shouldn't be practicing medicine as he is clearly mentally unstable

August 11th, 2015

Dr Iben is a wonderful man and is being treated unfairly. I wish he was not leaving

March 24th, 2015

Ghetto pill mill

If I could give zero stars, I would. This place is nasty dirty, and has NOTHING in the patient rooms...no soap, no paper towels, no paper to place over the bed in between patients...literally nothing except a chair, the doctor's stool, a patient "bed", and a sink. The beds are not even sanitized between patients. Through my company insurance, Dr Iben has agreed to accept a certain amount for an office visit. When I realized I was being charged full price, I confronted them. They did not want to reimburse me for the difference until I brought in my insurance company. Only then did they agree to pay the difference, but it took me calling every day for almost 2 weeks for them to write me a check. They want you to pay upfront, but when they owe you money it's a different story. The wait time is unreal...plan to spend the day there; you'll be there a MINIMUM of 4 hours (one visit I was there for over 8 hours...they had already closed, but kept seeing patients that had appointments.) Bottom line: If you're just looking for drugs, this is the place to go. If you really have medical issues that need attention and you want "fixed", find a REAL doctor!

May 21st, 2014

He's great his office manger is a very aggressive B on wheels

Our first like to start off by saying the alley is very rude and unprofessional at most, she has no medical degree nor does she have a professional license so to call the board of medicine is not helping Dr. Iben at all he is supposed to run the office but she is supposed to work for him but the shoe was on the other foot because of course Ally's family owns the practice so that means that that little anorexic lady can walk around yelling and screaming and saying whatever she wants to and think everything is okay I personally hope that she gets an associates degree in happiness because she is a miserable lady

January 10th, 2014

Good doctor awful staff

I have been a long time patient and have always felt Dr Ibsen has cared and taken great care of me. However Ally is rude and has a limited social behavior that is appropriate. Ally has no license as a medical provider and attempts to make the choices which are not hers to make. I seen him a month ago and had my medications refilled over a thing called a job and when I attempted to find out about one he didn't it was a complete nightmare. I tried for over a week to get a call back never did get one and when I called of course was transferred, was even if I had to drive the forty five minutes in however I was told there was nothing available until the end of the month and and as I attempt to ask questions because my insurance is fed up with the bills she rudely told me to go to the ER to get my medications and find a new doctor.. So I guess he is just the name on the door and the HIP Act you sign is a joke because she is in and out of your file without proper authority. I guess the internet is closer to the truth than a long time patient. I will be very sad to find a new doctor but after alalready having the police there over her and now this I have no other option.

May 23rd, 2013

Unproffesional

I was his patient in 2011. This dr has been taken out of practice more than once. My office visit appointment was at 12:40. I did not get finished until after closing hours until 5:15. I was taken to receive x rays and after being rudely yelled at and shoved by the tech I was forced to stay in a tiny dressing room until she developed the x rays to be sure they were correct. Also after having muscle sprain in my shoulder a surgery 6 days prior and a cesarean birth less than 2 months prior to I was shoved into the x ray positions. This caused me further pain. Dr. Iben forgot to call in my prescriptions that day and did not call them until the next day after 3 pm. I had to call the office several times to get him to call them in or even find out what the problem was and even then I still did not receive all of them because I was told the Dr. was waiting on tests or results. I was hung up on and placed on hold for 10 minutes or longer. Still continuing!

October 13th, 2012

Paula

He spent a lot of time getting to know me and talking. He allowed me to talk and explain my problems as well.The staff was busy and professional but nice enough, they aren't my mom.My scripts were sent electronically to my pharmacy of choice. I was a new patient so it is expected to take more time in the whole process. He took xrays to have a base point for changes in my condition. I feel that this is thorough and not un-necessary. They took my urine and did a breathing test because i have chronic bronchitis. I am happy with this doctor.

November 5th, 2010

I was not pleased with this doctor. I figured since he was next to Mt. Carmel it would be a nice facility. WRONG! It was like ghetto doctor. I waited over an hour to be initially seen, was in the officer over three hours total for him to give me six prescriptions that I don't even need and want me back in two weeks to follow up. Follow up with WHAT?

November 16th, 2009

Makes you come in every 2 weeks for meds and unnecassary treatments and almost cost you your insurance staff is rude and have been known to threatin people has lamost cost me my insurance I am looking for a new doc any suggestions

February 20th, 2009

Avoid this quack

Won't give prescription refills without a monthly visit, makes inapropriate comments to patients, touches female patients inappropriately, orders unnecessary tests to collect insurance money, spends less than five minutes listening to you while reviewing chart, usually doesn't listen to your heart or lungs, always in a hurry to move onto next patient, doesn't wash his hands between patients, always seems half asleep, unintereseted in hearing what you have to say

September 5th, 2017