Dr. Glenn Minster MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 28th, 2015
Dr. Minster is Sr. Monster
He did back surgery on me and messed up 3x in a row and caused me to have a bone infection, stroke and seizures. I was in the hospital for 2 years and had to get fixed at the U of M Hospital and have 3 more surgeries to fix his mistake.

October 19th, 2015
Dr. Minster is a very kind and extremely professional Dr. He takes the necessary time to diagnose a problem and discuss options. He is compassionate which many doctors are not. I would (and have) sent other patients to him.

June 14th, 2015
SCOLIOSIS SPINAL FUSION SCREW UP
I was satisfied a first MY SPINE WAS STRAIGHT !!! I haven't ever felt that before since I was 8 and it felt emotional I cried cause of it , then I woke up out of the pain meds wore off and it's been a month and now I feel worse than before the surgery, EVER SINCE THE SURGEERY I have 2 fractures in my L2 , I had 50 degree scoliosis spinal fusion done and they messed up my spinal cord to were now I have cyatica pain shooting through my spine down my leg constantly since the surgery. thanks for that and now my other leg is hurting worse and caused cyaica pain as well .... now I'm in agonizing un bearable pain and I cannot walk without a walker and have to use tools to help me It hurt to shower I need assistance everything basically, I haven't had any relief since the surgery even with their supposed "strongest medicines " no there are stonger than what they gave me I looked it up online ..... im in excruciating pain right now as I type it gets to stabbing in my lower back then shoots down my leg . Dr minster has no answers he actually stress fractured two of my bones and caused cyatica nerve pain for the rest of my life I bet- since every single day I cry and am in pain im sure this is a life long event , its permanent I shouldn't have this it not a normal reaction from spinal fusion surgery, plus its been imposible to e ahold of him . IF I COULD GO BACK I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE SURGERY .... PEOPLE BE AWARE OF WHAT YOURE ABOUT TO LET PEOPLE DO PROCEDURES ON YOU ., RESEARCJH THAT STUFF ALOT MORE , OR YOULL END UP LIKEME IN A NURING HOME TRYING TO GET HEALED AND NOT EVEN GETTING M MEDICATIONS THEY TRANSFERED ME FROM ST JOHN MAIN ON MOROSS AND ITS BEEN TOUGH BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT GIVING ME THE CORRECT MEDICTIONS I WANT TO GO HOME I SEE NO POINT IN STAYING HERE I TOUGHT I WOULD HAVE PHYSICAL THERAPY AND ENOUGH PAIN MEDS TO HELP WHILE I HEAL ONLY CAUSE IM NOT A PILL JUNKIE . SO LADIES ANDGENTS RESEARCH YOU'RE STUFF BEFORE SAYING YES . IF I WERE A SURGEON THT WOULD BE MY TOP PRIORITY - MANAGE PAIN, RE BUILD STRENGTH AND MUSCLE AND BE RIGHT BUT NOW I HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS IT WANT WORTH THE TROUBLE I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY SCOLIOSIS BACK AND THAT PAIN I AN MANAGE THROUGH STRETCHING AND WORKING OUT AND NATURAL LIFESTYLE NOT FULL OF PILLS AND PAIN .

February 3rd, 2013
Dr. Minster operated on my back.I could not stand up straight for months.The day after surgery i could stand straight up.I would recomend him to anyone.

August 30th, 2011
The office staff at the Saint Clair Shores location is very rude and unorganized. No one has a clue what's going on and could care less about the patients. Getting a simple doctors note is impossible. The wait time is extremely long, my last visit was a 9 am and I waited for 2 hours before I even saw the doctor and my shortest wait was around an hour and a half. Dr. Minster performed my first scoliosis surgery last summer. Tne surgery was not successful and I will need to undergo another operation. I was very confident in Dr. Minster's abilities for achieving success in my first scoliosis surgery, but I am currently looking for a new surgeon to tackle my revision surgery

August 15th, 2011
Disk Herniation, Cervical Fusion
Dr Minster sat with me and asked me what was going on, what I hoped to gain from my visit with him, and ultimately left the choices up to me regarding my care. I needed surgery, and he was compassionate when I was upset from hearing the news. The surgery was successful, and the follow-up care I'm receiving is phenomenal. I would highly recommend Dr Minster for anyone having neck or back injuries and pain. His professionalism and accuracy of diagnosis and treatment are unmatched. I wish I would've seen him when my problems first began a few years ago!!!

August 9th, 2011
Dr. Minster is the BEST
I went to see Dr. Minster after a year of having test after test. He was excellent from day 1. I had major back surgery and it was the BEST move I EVER made in my life. It is now 5 years later and I feel just as great as I did when he performed the surgery. I tell EVERYONE to see him.

January 20th, 2011
I am glad my family Doctor sent me to him
My Surgery was a sucess he worked from L-2 Disk all the way down to S-1 with fusion, I spent a total of 8 days in Saint John Hospitial due to a bowl obstruction other wise I would have been out in 3 days, I can even walk with out the aid of a walker or cane, but just to be on the safe side I keep one close by, even my home health care aids and nurses are surprised at how well I am doing, Thanks again Dr. Minster and the Staff at Saint John Hospitial.

May 27th, 2010
wrecked my life
Dr. Minster preformed three spine operations on me in less than a 1 1/2 yr period. After my last two, I woke with pain and numbness in a leg that never was there before. Now that burning pain is worse than the back. results from the Dr. putting too much pressure on the spine and back and lack of padding on table. He talks a good talk. made me feel he was doing all the right things. Too bad I didn't find out sooner.My advice, stay away.

March 30th, 2009
Was never available when we needed him

November 8th, 2016