Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist

444 S San Vicente Blvd
Ste 603
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-423-3338
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Orthopedic Surgeon  |  show details
by Rachelle W on Mar 17th, 2014

I could barely walk when I found Dr. Pfeffer. I had three surgeries on my foot previously before seeing him, and was told by two other Ortho Dr's they wouldn't even try to operate on my foot because it was such a complicated procedure. Dr. Pfeffer told me he was certain he could do it with good results. So now it has been a year since he operated on my foot. Three different casts, and six pins later. I am walking with hardly any pain. I know that if I wouldn't have found Dr.Pfeffer I would be disabled by now. He really is the best!

|  Superb Physician  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2013

Dr Pfeffer is an extraordinary physician. His commitment to my care has been the best I have ever experienced. I had a very difficult orthopedic problem, that caused me to be admitted to the hospital. Dr Pfeffer literally got me back on my feet in no time. In addition to his obvious competence, Dr Pfeffer showed me compassion that I have never come across in a doctor before. He's extremely experienced, and has seen and done everything. My confidence in him has never wavered. This is clearly a guy you can trust.

Jul 18th, 2013

Brilliant surgeon. Two ankle surgeries to remove os trigonum and all went exactly as described. Strongly recomment this doctor!

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
by Matt on Jul 16th, 2013

Dr. Pfeffer did what no other doctor I'd seen could do: Properly diagnose an osteochondral lesion in my right ankle. His ensuing surgery to repair it went wonderfully, and I am now as active as I ever was, and without the piercing pain I had been experiencing. I am indebted to him for this betterment of my physical condition, and highly recommend him for your foot/ankle needs.

|  accurate diagnosis and conservative  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2013

i had a very positive experience with dr. pfeffer. he instantly gave me an accurate diagnosis which meant that surgery was a great option. i had been to two other top surgeons (and many, many internists) who misdiagnosed the situation, leading me to think surgery was a last resort. this left me living in a lot of pain with no clear course of action. dr pfeffer performed surgery and now i am pain free - it is like a miracle. i have a lot of confidence in him in surgery and diagnosis. i also think that he does not perform surgery unless it is necessary. i have two friends who saw him and were happy at how conservatively he treated them.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by Daniella M on May 14th, 2013

I run track and field at a high school in the valley. Due to an off track injury I broke my ankle. I had go to my appointment late with another doctor ,but Dr.Pfeffer gladly took me. He was one of the nicest doctors I've met. He quickly analyzed my ankle and knew i had to get surgery. A week after i had the surgery and it went fantastically. I had 5 pins and a metal plate put in. I was able to walk within 3 weeks after surgery. WIth an additional 3 in a walking boot. After my last appointment 6 weeks from the surgery i was back to running track. Dr. Pfeffer is the best doctor i have ever met. He knows his craft and is probably the best at it. Everyone who has went to him for surgery that i have talked to has had an exceptional recovery. He really works magic. I would definatly recommend everyone to see him.

|  IN JESUS NAME  |  show details
by GARDNER on Apr 30th, 2013

*** Hello i'm a 50 yr. old patient of Dr. Pfeffer . Huge thanks for saving my physical and emotional state, After dealing with this pain and bone pressing down in bottom of my foot .( i had previous surgeries). I felt i was going crazy in my mind and know Doctor cared enough to go the distant or dig in their arsenol to help me. After dealing with my anger and pain in silence and feeling depressed ,like i was going to have to walk around with this pain for the rest of my life .I could'nt' stand it any longer and was only hurting myself , family, and friends who loved me. They did not understand the daily pain i had to deal with day after day . Just walking , doing chores ,grocery shopping etc..... I feel after the surgical procedure Dr. Pfeffer performed , will help me to age gracefully and put a smile on my face. Now i have to get use to wearing shoes and concentrate gait. I'm going to continue to be positive and MAY THE ANGELS OF GOD CONTINUE TO WATCH OVER US ALL*** THANK YOU :-) CONTINUE TO HONOR YOUR HYPOCRATIC OATH

|  Dr. Pfeffer=top ankle surgeon!  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2013

Hello there - I had a cyst in my ankle bone that had been slowly restricting my ability to walk normal for years. To solve the problem, Dr. Pfeffer scooped out the cyst and replaced the area with bone from my knee. The surgery and recovery was a total success. I am not 100% recovered - I would say like 85% (1 1/2 later) I still have my little issues with heels or every now and then a little quirk will happen but I can walk up and down stairs with no pain - which is a frickin miracle! Everytime I notice it "Oh wow, I just ran up and down stairs.", I say a little thank you to Dr. Pfeffer. The scar that I was so worried about having on my ankle is barely noticeable and the scar on my knee continues to fade. I never had to wait to see the doctor. I also have to say his follow up staff and the triage nurse were awesome. So were all the nurses and the anesthiologist where I had the surgery. I would recommend him to do ankle surgery on anyone I knew who needed it.

|  Finally a doctor who not only cared but helped!  |  show details
by Dianne Cadranel on Mar 2nd, 2013

I hit the jackpot in finding Dr. Pfeffer who was referred to my by a prominent Orthopedic physician I had previously seen. Dr. Pfeffer took a real interest in my complaint and by the time I walked out, I was out of the pain I had for over 6 months. I had consulting with a podiatrist twice, was misdiagnosed and remained in pain. Dr. Pfeffer was able to offer me a diagnosis and relief on the first visit! I was thrilled to find a doctor of his caliber with such highly specialized medical training and specific expertise, as well as being Board Certified. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has a problem with their foot, ankle, or toes.

|  Ballet Dancer - Successful Surgery!  |  show details
by Katlyn on Feb 20th, 2013

I am a professional ballet dancer and Dr. Pfeffer truly was an answer to prayers after many other doctors could not diagnose my problem. He knew exactly what was wrong within the first few minutes of talking to him. He is very knowledgable about dancers and confident in his abilities. He performed Os Trigonum surgery on my ankle about 3 months ago and I am recovering extremely well. I would highly recommend him. He was very entertaining with his stories and although he is obviously a busy man I could tell that he cared about my well being. He does sort of pop in and then out again but I felt he truly does his profession well and I had a wonderful experience as his patient.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Sabina K. on Feb 7th, 2013

I waited a while to write this review because I first wanted to see how my foot was healing. It healed very well and I am happy with the outcome. He is a nice man, curious, inquisitive, good manners, and always answered all of my questions. He did dictate into his recorder whilst I was there, but I thought of it as a positive thing, because I got to hear a summary of the follow-up. I had an excellent experience and would have Dr. Pfeffer operate on my other foot if necessary. I trust him as a surgeon and would highly recommend him to my friends.

Aug 26th, 2012

Dr.Pfeffer has performed two separate surgeries on both of my feet, specifically the second toe and surrounding soft tissue. He is an expert in his field. The results of my surgeries have been amazing. My last surgery was just 8 weeks ago and I can already tell my foot is healing perfectly and with minimal scarring. I am walking on it, swimming and hope to have full mobility back in another 4 -6 weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Pfeffer and his staff.

|  OUTSTANDING PHYSICIAN THAT I WOULD HIGLY RECOMMEND  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

I feel that Dr. Pfeffer is a wonderful physician who is helping me to resolve an injury that was originally misdiagnosed and consequently badly injured. I appreciate a physician who "cuts to the chase" and gives me clear, direct information about my diagnosis and treatment options. I find Dr. Pfeffer to be kind and compassionate as well. His staff are very courteous and always available for questions and assistance, either in the office or the telephone. I've read that Dr. Pfeffer has worked with Project Hope and is now the Co-Director of the Cedars-Sinai/USC School of Theater Dance Medicine. I think it's highly commendable that Dr. Pfeffer is making a difference in the creative arts as well as his own practice. Iwould highly recommend Dr. Pfeffer because I feel that I am getting the best possible care.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Dr. Pfeffer helped me so much. I had a very complicated case and he was so good about explaining all my options and the pros and cons of each. He took the time to answer all my questions. In the end, I had an excellent outcome and am so glad I selected Dr. Pfeffer! I almost didn't choose him because of some negative reviews. What a mistake that would have been! It's true, he can appear to highly distractible at times, but it's easy to get him back on topic. He is really good at what he does and I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Rockgod of Ankles  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

When I couldn't walk anymore due to a weak ankle from over stretched ligaments, I looked for the best and found Dr. Pfeffer. I had no problem getting an appointment, they were always on time, even early sometimes. His staff was great. I LOVED working with him. My kids call him the Rockgod of Ankles for helping me walk again. Everything is going right on schedule! I have already recommended him to friends. If my other ankle ever needs work (and hopefully it won't ;-) I would go back to him in a heartbeat.

|  INCOMPETENT- ARROGANT  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Pfeffer now on several occasions and each and everytime he spends 2 seconds in the room and immediately turns to his recorder. He comes across as very EGOSTISTICAL and caters to you if you are a celebrity..His office manner is very COCKY as if you are a nuiance to him. Seems like a PSYHO that needs mental attention himself. NEVER EVER PROPERLY DIAGNOSED MY CONDITION, ONLY ORDERED A SIMPLE X-RAY WHICH DOES NOT SHOW WHAT A CT AND MRI WOULD SHOW. HE IS THE BIGGEST JOKE OF A FOOT AND ANKLE DOCTOR..HIS COCYNESS HAS LITERALLY RUINED HIS BEDSIDE MANNER..I WOULD NOT SEE HIM IF HE WERE THE LAST DOC ON EARTH... ARROGANCE HAS CONSUMED HIM...SEEMS MORE DEDICATED IN BEING SEEN ON TELEVISION THEN LISTENING TO HIS PATIENTS CHEIF COMPLAINTS! WAS A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME!!

|  1.5 hour wait time  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Pfeffer, I waited quite a while toget an initial appointment wiith you, you had very few office days to schedule appts to begin with. After waiting 1.5 hours to see you, your lovely staff advised you of my concerns, and you proceeded into another pts room. SHAME YOU. You saw other pts that had checked in after me. You left me as last to be seen. I am an employee of Cedars Sinai, and you "could" be a good foot specialist, but iif you feel that you are gong to treat HUMANS differently depending on their social status (come on it is Beverly Hills I am talking about) then you are not a very good MD. All patents should be treated equally, fiarly, and respectfully. All of which you failed with me. I am looking for a MD that when he has office visits, this is your only objective, and the pt's dont need to wait for you to go to meetings, take care of personal correspondance, and not be present for my appointment. So your "Fired"

|  Incompetent  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Had bunion surgery quite a few years ago.Dr. Pfeffer was rude, arrogant, obsessed with money. Started surgery before anesthesia took effect because he "had a meeting". I was worse off after, he blamed me for bad results. Had to wait 2 hours at each visit.

|  I am a 14 year old female athlete who will be able to play basketball again!  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

This week was the 6 week mark since my ankle surgery and I am walking again. I am 14 years old and I play basketball year round and two years ago I tore a tendon and played through it for two years and had two torn tendons by the time I went to Dr. Pfeffer. I got such good care and treatment in the whole process of making appointments, setting up surgery, and the follow ups. It was a little difficult because I live nowhere close to L.A. but it was totally worth it. Now, after 6 weeks, my scar looks good, the new tendons are completely healed and I am walking and shooting a basketball again! I thank him so much and would totally recomend going to Dr. Pfeffer no matter what age.

|  COCKY -ARROGANT QUACK  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

Dr. Pfeffer is the most rude, arrogant doctor I have ever me. Unless you belong to SAG or AFTRA he seems to be not interested in you. Only walks in for a about 1 minute and immediately records in inaccurate findings on his recorder. His attitude is as if your bothering or simply interrupting him. Seems too busy and uninterested in your problem. Saw him several times and MIS DIAGNOSED MY CONDITION. THINKS HE IS GODS GIFT TO THE WORLD...NO BEDSIDE MANNER, NEEDS TO BE IN ANOTHER LINE OF BUSINESS- NOT COMPASSIONATE AT ALL UNLESS YOU COME ACROSS AS VERY WEALTHY!!! COCKY, COCKY, COCKY AND HAS A WAY OF ALWAYS PUTTING OTHER SURGEONS DOWN AND PODIATRIST.... I WOULD NOT NEED AN ANIMAL TO HIM, I GUESS IF IT BELONGED TO SAG OR AFTRA THEN HE WOULD BE IN GOODS..VERY DISPLEASED WITH HIS WRONG DIAGNOSIS...WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

Dr Pfeffer is an exceptionally gifted doctor. He's incredibly smart and empathic, and is clearly a meticulous surgeon. I highly recommend him.

|  New feet  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

I was misdiagnosed by several doctors before seeing Dr. Pfeffer. He was brutally honest with me, which I appreciated. He did a mid foot joint fusion on both feet over a sevarl year period, and has restored mt foot health.I am able to walk unlkimited distance without pain for the first time in years. Thank you Dr. Pfeffer. Surgery was brutal, and recovery time was long, but end result was perfect.

May 11th, 2012

Dr. Pfeffer was rude and quite rushed.He might be a good doctor but if you do not take the time with your patient it is unlikely that the diagnosis and treatment will be accurate. He might have the capacity to be an excellent doctor but it is too bad that his lack of interest and indifferent manner gets in the way.

|  Go only with a major problem  |  show details
May 5th, 2012

Dr. Pfefer only like major problems. It became clear to me he had not interest in my problem because it did not require surgery. Not up to Cedars' standards as far as I am concerned. He may be an excellent surgeon but I don't think he would bother to take out a band aid if you were bleeding. It is clear he only wants to do surgery. Find another doctor if you have a minor problem.

|  Restored and Healthey  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

I met Doctor Pfeffer about 4 years ago. At the time I could barley walk and the pain in my foot stopped everything in my life. My foot had been severely damaged due to a very unskilled podiatrist's surgery. Dr Pfeffer was brutally honest with my diagnosis and the prognosis in my case was a very complex one. Although it took 4 years and three surgeries to correct the damage that was done by the podiatrist, Pfeffer fixed my foot and relieved my pain. Considering my past experience's there is no one else but Dr Pfeffer I would ever let touch my foot. Doctor Pfeffer really cares about his patients and it shows with the time he takes to talk to you before, during and after your care. I am back to my very active lifestyle and I don't think this would have been possible without Doctor Pfeffer's amazing skill, talent, and expertise. Doctor Pfeffer Thank you!Gail

|  21 Century treatment!  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

After enduring pain in my left foot for more than five years I finally decided to do something about it. After careful research among the doctors that accept Blue Shield I chice Dr. Pfeffer - and I'm glad I did. He quickly diagnosed my untreated arthritis, gave me all options, and I opted for the most radical one - surgery. Never had one before. Half a day at Cedars, 7 days on pain killers, one month on crutches. No pain at any time, not even swelling - that's what I call a successful surgery. Friendliest staff you'll ever meet! Old fashioned competence and modern technology makes all the difference. Highly recommended.

|  retired  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2012

I told this doctor I was running out of insurance on the 1st of the month, has medicare had screwed me over and had given me the wrong info, he said no problem till the 1st of month arrived then he told me bye have a nice life, when I asked about my prognosis his reply was you'r done bye, i cannot walk on my foot that was operated on by this doctor my toes are fused together by the wrong sized screws used, now off to another orthopedic guy to start over again!!!!!!!

|  Totally Satisfied Client  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2012

Doctor diagnosed a ruptured Achilles tendon missed by another surgeon who had been treating me for several months. The diagnosis, and course of action, with expected results (and risks), was made very clear. My many questions were answered clearly and in depth. As a runner the Doctor recognized and treated my apprehension and fears concerning the risks of a poor outcome. I would (and have) recommend Dr. Pheefer to my friends and family. I would rate my experience with the Doctor and his staff as Excellent.

|  Very Happy!  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

Dr. Pfeffer is an excellent doctor and surgeon! I am a ballet dancer, and I've had an ankle injury for over 10 years that no other doctor I'd seen could diagnose or treat properly. I went through treatments and surgery that didn't work, and had to stop dancing which broke my heart. I was told there wasn't a solution for my injury. Then, I found Dr. Pfeffer and he was so knowledgeable about my problem and so confident about fixing it through surgery. Now, just 7 weeks after surgery I'm in physical therapy and I am recovering so rapidly! My therapist is impressed and I am so very happy with the results. My only regret is that I did not find Dr. Pfeffer earlier on. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend seeing Dr. Pfeffer if you have an injury and need an expert opinion. I should be back in class withhin a month or 2!!!

|  What's not to like?  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

Zero wait time, quick xray and immediate digital image available. Took lots of time discussing the problem, offering solutions, making recommendations. Opted for a conservative approach for the time being. I left feeling good about him and feel confident he has my best interest at heart. He was very warm and personable. Extra points for validating my parking and Complimentary WIFI for patients to use. Very good experience and have no hesitation about recommending him.

Oct 5th, 2011

I am happy to say after going to another Doctor who gave me no direction on how to heal, who told me no information regarding the extent of my fractures, who just wanted to send me to a pain management doctor, and who charged me a fortune, I was referred to Dr. Glenn Pfeffer. He told me exactly what bones were fractured, what to do to heal properly and AVOID surgery-and let me know I was in pain for a reason, and that if I did what he said, I wouldn't need drugs or pain-management-I would heal. I am now in Physical Therapy and am on the road to recovery. Dr, Pfeffer never jumped to any conclusions, and it was very evident that the most drastic measures would only be used if needed. Very different than most doctors. I felt like it wasn't about the money for him-it was about me getting better.

|  Dr. Pfeffer is my hero  |  show details
by Nancy M. on Sep 30th, 2011

I saw 3 ankle specialists before seeing Dr. Pfeffer. One referred me to another because the problem was so severe. Two said I would need to have my foot and ankle fused together. One of them said to live with the pain until I was older and told me to wait until the pain made my hair stand on end, then come back and see him. Dr. Pfeffer was the only one who treated me as more than just an ankle - he looked at me as a whole person. He was empathetic and took the time to explain to me how a fused ankle would significantly affect my life and my future. He said that he could "fix me" - and he did. It was a long and complicated surgery, and I'm happy to say that my rehab has been astonishing and pain free. I'm forever grateful for Dr. Pfeffer. I respect and trust him and feel so lucky to have found a doctor with such expertise, brilliance and caring.

|  Torn Ligament surgery  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

I was born with flat feet and have had to live with all the systems for the past 40 years. Up until last year, I began to experience chronic pain in my left foot. After 6 months of increased pain, I decided to see Dr. Pfeffer for a consultation. He took x-rays and we eventually needed to get an MRI. He discovered that I had a torn ligament. He not only surgically repaired my ligament but also added a cadaver bone to help create a slight arch in my foot. after 4 months of recover, I am feeling great and very happy with the result!!! I highly recommend Dr. Pfeffer.

|  PRP and My Achilles  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2011

As a Master's Track Athlete, I had severely injured my left Achilles tendon. Dr. Pfeffer discussed the PRP Injection Option. I did it in June 2010. By August I was "wogging" ~ By September "jogging" and By October "running." All during this time I was also doing my PT Exercises and Stretching. This Summer, 2011, I have done many 5k Races and two Track Meets. I am very grateful for the skill/expertise of Dr. Pfeffer in the PRP Process that he uses. It was just "One Injection."DNB

Sep 14th, 2011

My daughter runs to live and lives to run. After experiencing severe foot pain we took her to a podiatrist who misdiagnosed and mistreated her with injections for a foot condition that we later found out she didnt have for a full year. Frustrated that she was still in pain, I asked an orthopedist friend for the name of the VERY BEST foot orthopedist. I didnt care if I had to fly to where he was. Dr. Glenn Pfeffer was the doctor he recommended. Dr. Pfeffer was able to figure out that all along she had a broken bone in her foot and he treated her accordingly. It is with tears of joy and gratitude that I can say that my daughter is healed and running pain free today. The wait time that you experience when you see Dr. Pfeffer is worth it. Bring a book, relax and know you are going to see the best of the best!

by Jane Summers on Sep 10th, 2011

I am a 14 year old elite soccer player and soccer is basically my life. A few years ago I was having foot pain and I went to two different doctors who misdiagnosing and mistreated me for more than a year. When the pain wasnt getting better we started searching for other explinations.Finally we heard about Dr. Pfeffer and went to him hoping for a answer to my pain (Usually he doesnt see kids my age but he made an exeption). Well it turns out I had a broken bone in my foot for more than a year that none of the other doctors saw in the MRI or XRAY. Dr. Pfeffer put me in a hard cast and 6 weeks later I was back to doing what I love. At one point in this experience everyone thought I wasnt going to be able to play soccer again but thanks to Dr. Pfeffer I am back in the game.

|  Should have gone here first  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

I cracked a lower tibia and had a bad sprain in a semi-professional road racing accident. I went to one of those local "foot specialist" clinics. BEWARE! What I got was poor exposed X-rays you couldn't see, a old version "isolation boot" that allowed too much movement, poor/incorrect diagnosis and recommendations (I could list the inaccuracies). A marathoner friend said to see Glenn Pfeffer and you knew right away this guy has seen and fixed it all; much more detailed and conservative diagnosis, treatment plan and advice geared toward fast, accurate recovery to the pre injury condition - Had I just gone with the 'major leagues' right off the bat, I would have much more confidence in the ultimate recovery, as of now the delay probably cost me a couple weeks. Highly recommend seeing this doctor immediately after injury, don't mess around with this injury or "corner clinics", this is not like breaking a long bone. Recommend you come with all your questions written down, for although he is focused on you, like all modern specialists he has lots of patients. He followed up with me really fast via email after consulting with other docs in reviewing my CTs (again, I delayed with other docs that cost me a clear treatment plan); that was a clear sign your getting their expertise and are not just a number. As for cedars, maybe my situation was rare, but they were able to set an apt date I wanted a week out, I didn't wait in the office. My longest wait (30 minutes) was for the CT scan. Everyone was really cool - No complaints there!!

|  Dr Pfeffer knows his stuff  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

I recently broke my foot at work (Lis Franc fracture). I work in Orange County and was sent to a hospital near my work place. The ER Dr. there wanted me to have surgery the day of my accident but my employer (I work for an amazing company) had done its homework and suggested I transfer to Cedars Sinai to have Dr. Pfeffer treat me. Dr. Pfeffer immediately said that I needed to wait for the swelling to go down before doing any surgery. It seems that he's genuinely interested in my well being and full recovery. He is very knowledgeable and is able to break things down for me in layman's terms. Great Dr.

|  Bone spur removal in ankle  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

I'm now 4 mos out from a pretty extensive ankle surgery and doing great! Great overall experience w Dr. Pfeffer. I had pretty bad bone spurs that were obstructing my range of motion. Dr. Pfeffer first suggested avoiding surgery to see if the inflammation would subside on its own. It didn't, and so we did the surgery expecting it to be arthroscopic. Turned out the ankle was worse than the MRI and X-rays showed, so they had to make an incision and shave off a lot of bone and cartilage that had grown around the bone after a fracture. Recovery wasn't so fun, but I could not have had a better result. Aside from his expert diagnosis and surgery, he was always very concerned that I followed his instruction so as to avoid an infection or reinjuring the ankle somehow. I'd recommend Dr. Pfeffer to my brother.

Jun 10th, 2011

I had a shattered heel that other medical professional are amazed that anyone was able to put back together, much less repair me well enough to continue my career as a stuntman. Dr. Pfeffer thoroughly discussed different options, made me aware of different "what if" scenarios, and very importantly told me what he would do if he was in my position. He saved my career with a very impressive surgery that is as much an engineering feat as it is medical.

May 28th, 2011

Doctor Pfeffer accurately diagnosed my condition and carefully outlined pros and cons of alternative treatments and explained why he favored one over the other. Top notch professional

|  An amazing orthopedic surgeon  |  show details
May 22nd, 2011

I traveled to Los Angeles to see Dr Pfeffer. He did an amazing bunionectomy on my left foot. The surgery was a breeze and the staff at cedar Sinai is so caring, my follow up appointments have been great. Dr Pfeffer is the best in his field and I would recommend him without hesitation!!!

|  Worst Doctor EVER!  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Pfeffer because of very routine ruptured ligament in my right ankle area. During the surgery he cut all the nerves and other working ligaments. He made me disabled for the past 5 years and the rest of my life. I have the most terrible pain with every step I take. When I went back to him for a follow up and asking for some help, he wanted to put my leg in an ugly plastic boot which completely disables me to drive or walk freely. Remember that was a routine surgery which any Podiatrist can perform too. He is the WORST DOCTOR EVER!

|  Amazing Doctor!!!!  |  show details
May 1st, 2011

After seeing 3 other surgeons/podiatrist over the years, Dr. Pfeffer was the first Dr. who knew immediately how to solve my foot problem. Do not see anyone else!!! This guy is a genius!!!!

|  Dr. Pfeffer answered my prayers!  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

Going through the Work Comp system, 2 failed surgeries from another Dr., being in pain with every step I took. I feel like I fell through the work comp crack and became just a number. Being in pain with every step I took for 5 years and 3 months. I had to give it one more try. I kept telling my W/C doctor, Something is wrong. Please send me to a specialist!After another year, my prayers were answered. I met with Dr Pfeffer.He listened to my symptoms and knew exactly what to do. My Surgery (1-31-11) was a success!! When Dr. Pfeffer told me I had a cut nerve from my previous surgery among other situations and said Sherie, you didnt complain enough!. I was so relieved to know that I was not going crazy. I really did have a problem. I was depressed and starting to give up on having a happy and pain free life. I am too young (53) to give up. I am so happy to be able to walk and stand without pain. Moving on with my live is fantastic. Dr. Pfeffer is so kind and understanding. He spends as much time as you need discussing your needs. I loved how he dictates right in front of you! Dr. Pfeffers staff is equally kind and understanding. Very Professional.When I gave Dr. Pfeffer a big hug, it was from my entire family!! Words and a hug cannot express the gratitude for all Dr. Pfeffer has done!I will and have recommended Dr. Pfeffer to friends and family!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

This doctor is a genius. I had a horrible problem with my right foot for many years. I'd seen several doctors for the problem, and no-one had ever been able to help me. After listening to my symptoms, Dr Pfeffer was pretty sure what was wrong. After some basic tests, he confirmed the diagnosis, and told me exactly what I needed to do to get better. I followed his advice verbatim, and am now back to all the sports I love to do. I'm grateful beyond words. The 25 minute wait was worth every single minute, and more. This doctor is kind, caring and very, very bright. If anyone out there needs a good foot and ankle doctor, he's the man.

|  Dr. Pfeffer saved me from making a big mistake  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

I was really afraid to go see Dr. Pfeffer after reading his reviews. I had already seen three doctors, who pretty much said the same thing, so I almost just cancelled my appointment with Dr. Pfeffer. God was looking out for me, because I ended up going. I decided his credentials gave him the right to be arrogant and I wanted his expert opinion. (I made my husband go with me though). My situation is that I have all four bunions. Right now only one of my tailors bunions is giving me pain (my large bunions really never give me pain), but all three other doctors said I should just do all four. I figured if I was going to end up doing all four, I might as well just do them all at the same time. None of the doctors were pleased with this idea, but they all said they would go ahead and do it if that is what I really wanted. Well, when I told Dr. Pfeffer this, he about had a heartattack! He spend a great deal of time with me explaining why that could be a HUGE mistake. He was easy to understand, easy to relate to, and in the end changed my stubborn mind! Why fix something that isn't broken? Why try to fix something that could likely be worse once the surgery was over? It is clear to me that Dr. Pfeffer really cares about my well being. He isn't going to make as much money doing one surgery as he would doing four, but he wants to do what is right for me. I haven't scheduled my surgery yet, but I plan to cancel my plans to have all four bunions corrected and have Dr. Pfeffer just operate on the one that is hurting. I am so thankful for his advice and I strongly recommend that you give Dr. Pfeffer a chance. Please do not let this website scare you away. At the end of the appointment I gave Dr. Pfeffer a big hug!I would also like to mention that I had one of the shortest waits in his office. However, I would rather wait and have my doctor give extra attention to me than be on time and feel rushed by my doctor. Also, I loved all of the office staff - they were all so sweet!

|  Don't waste your time with Dr. Pfeffer.  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2010

This was the worst medical experience I have ever had. Dr. Pfeffer is arrogant, condescending, and rude. He dictated for his records over the phone in the room with me. When I continued to question him because many of my concerns were unanswered, he shushed me (with his finger to his mouth, and that is NOT an exaggeration) so he could finish dictating. I felt that was completely unnecessary and when I left his office I felt the appointment was a waste of time. He didn't offer me any help with my condition other than telling me to come back in a few weeks. I will not return to Dr. Pfeffer. I wouldn't even recommend this guy to my worst enemy. The only good thing about my experience was the excellent staff at the Cedars Sinai Orthopedic Center (other than Pfeffer).

|  bad doctor  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2010

He completely messed up my foot...I'm now trying to find an attorney. Stay away.

|  I'll certainly be returning to Dr. Pfeffer  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2010

Dr. Pfeffer did the best he could to correct a deformity another doctor had worsened. It's better, still a challenge, but better. And, I found the staff courteous and helpful.

|  Outstanding Surgeon  |  show details
May 14th, 2010

Dr. Pfeffer performed a bunionectomy and removed a Morton's neuroma. My foot is as good as new. I have ZERO pain. My only regret is waiting 10 years to have this surgery. Dr. Pfeffer is extremely competent. I trust him whole-heartedly and have recommended him to many friends and family.

by Nancy Artz on Apr 19th, 2010

Dr. Pfeffer is very knowledgeable and concerned about his patients. I received excellent treatment from him and his staff. I had two problems -- a severely broken toe and arthritis. I would go back to see him again if I have another problem.

Oct 8th, 2009

Seems to be more interested in publicity and treating the Hollywood crowd than being a good doctor.Very egotistical. Was not up on the latest news for dealing with avascular necrosis.