Family Physicians

345 Saxony Rd
Ste 204
Encinitas, CA 92024
760-944-8402
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. DrScore.
 |  Bad experience.  |  show details
by Kathy B. on Jun 1st, 2014

I had a very very bad experience with Dr.Soppe 4/2014. Dr.Soppe has been my general doctor for the past 8 years but like many of the other reviews I have seen Melissa the PA and have always had a good experience with her.I did have concerns that I NEVER saw Dr.Soppe but I usually went in for a physical or a cold. April 2014 my back surgeon recommended I have Dr.Soppe take over my pain medicine after my second back surgery. Amazingly I actually had Dr.Soppe see me! BOY OH BOY was I in for a horrible surprise!!! He seemed drugged or whacked out when talking to me about a different and much better drug (that he is taking). I said I would try it but the main side effect was drowsiness so I didn't want to start until I returned from a camping trip. I called 11 days later with a few questions and Dr.Soppe was the RUDEST most INSULTING person that has EVER,EVER talked to me. He was horrible horrible. Dr.Soppe should not be practicing medicine. DR.SOPPE DOES HAVE A BAD BEDSIDE MANNER! Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

Feb 7th, 2013

Very accommodating office. Usually have no problem getting an appointment the same day or next day. Will likely be with this PAs, however they are very competent and effective. Additionally when I've had special needs Doc steps in, and is effective in his care. He likely doesn't have the bedside manner for my kids but he is aggressive in getting the right treatment. Over the holiday break he was in office, and saw my wife (note we are NOT concierge members) he took adequate time and an aggressive course of treatment to keep her out of the hospital. It worked, and worked well!

|  Dr Soppe wants $1800/year in "VIP COncierge" membership payemnts per year for the privelege of seeing him - not worth it - find a different Doc  |  show details
by EncinitasDad on Aug 29th, 2012

I found Dr Glenn Soppe to be rude and condescending in his verbal style, and generally burnt-out on functioning in the American Helath Care system. He very clearly is not interested in new patients unless you want to spend $1800/year on a "VIP Concierge" membership which gets you nothing more than Glenn's willingness to spend time with you and a routine annual physical with a few extra tests you may or may not need. The tests that are "included" in the VIP membership are all covered by standard health insurance, so you don't need to spend an extra $1800 bucks to Glenn for access these items. Bottom Line: I went to Glenn as he was recommended by someone I trust. After meeting him and spending time with him, he is too unavailable and too condescending to get the job. I replaced Glenn with Dr Perry Sexton who has an excellent practice in Encinitas. While he might be a cool guy to surf and drink a beer with - I would not recommend Glenn to anyone who is not already a friend of his, or a friend of a friend of his - or you are willing to spend an extra $1800 a year for the privelege of working with a burnt-out condescending doctor. Go elsewhere.

|  Find a different Doctor, NOT recommended unless you are already friends with Dr Soppe  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

After being recommended to Dr Soppe by my surgeon I was very happy with the staff, but that was about it.I was warned by the staff that Dr Soppe only works half days in the Encintias office most days of the week, and that in many cases I'd likely end up seeing the Physicians Assistants as opposed to the Doctor.During our first appointment, I would characterize Dr. Soppe as blunt and rude. If you can get past his abrasive style, he may be a decent Doc, I was willing to give him a shot.I was told to go across the hall and get a blood sample drawn for some bloodwork. The single solitary gal working there was complaining that she had a mountain of specimens to get ready for Fed Ex and I'd have to wait 20 mins. OK, no problem. 40 mins later I inform the gal that I am late to inject IV antibiotics, can she please puase from her shipping duties to draw my blodd - and I got a whole bunch of attitude in return. About an an hour after arrtival I finally got my blood drawn which took a total of 90 seconds. I will never go to this lab again, but really, they are an associated lab, not Dr Soppe's direct employees, so I don't hold this against Dr Soppe.A few weeks later I called Dr Soppe requesting a call back to briefly discuss a sensitive issue - the response I got was from his secretary stating that Dr Soppe has been ill for two days and he thinks I should find a new General Practitioner!No problem, buddy. You're fired.If you are looking for a Doc in Encinitas, and you are not already a friend of Dr Soppe - Go someplace else.He acts like he is doing you a favor by seeing you, and is his personality is abrasive at best.

|  Exceptional Care!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Dr Soppe, his PA's, and his staff are so accomidating, caring and do an amazing job of all around care for our entire family! I have seen many misconceptions about him and his practice, he is not a conceirge choice doctor, and he doesnt sugar coat things which is nice. I prefer having a doctor that tells me straight to the point and gets me the care we need. So happy to be patients of this office!

|  Medical Point of entry  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

Excellent Doc, so of Course he's BUSY! Under modern medical delivery in the U.S., most critical is your entry point,I.e. the generalist who knows which specialist can best help the patient, AND can get Into the specialists queue. I have been a patient for 12 years, VERY happy, but I know he is not enlisting new patients. He has conducted the right tests, and has gotten me to skilled specialists for life-saving procedures. I try to NOT see him as much as possible, so am not a "high-maintenance" patient. Can't do better in my book.

Jul 30th, 2011

Dr. Soppe, is burned out on helping people. He should get out of the business. He does not listen or care to have to think very deeply. His V.I.P. plan to get money out of people plus there insurance is where his heart is. MONEY.

|  Excellent  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

I'm incredibly happy with Dr. Soppe's office. I have lived all over the U.S. and have had multiple doctors for my family. Dr. Soppe and his PA's Theresa and Melissa are by far the best. In the past two years we have had three major events/illnesses requiring MANY office visits, most were last minute and we were not only accomodated but diagnosed correctly. At one point Dr. Soppe called after hours just to make sure my daughter's pain level went down and she was doing okay. Who does that these days?!?Dr. Soppe's manner can seem brusque when talking through a situation with you but I find it efficient and methodical, not rude. I don't need someone to hold my hand and tell me it will all be okay (that's why I have a mother!) I need the doctor to listen to what's going on, diagnose me, and tell me how to get better. When it comes to my kids his bedside manner along with Melissa and Theresa's are caring and sympathetic. I couldn't ask for better treatment.

Dec 1st, 2010

Dr. Soppe and his staff are terrific. Very compassionate and professional.

Aug 4th, 2010

Glenn is arrogant, doesn't listen. Trys to seem down to earth and relaxed. Not really. High handed, high minded and doesn't really listen or respond. Staff and PA's are nice and efficient, but Glenn sets the tone. I will look elsewhere for medical care.

|  AMAZING!!  |  show details
by SDChrgr4LF on Jan 6th, 2010

I have seen Dr Soppe for many years and he is by far the best doctor I have erver come across! His care for his patients and concern really does show he loves his work and his patients. I have always been very pleased with his staff as they are always polite and ready to help. Thank you very much Dr!

|  Doctor or businessman?  |  show details
by Not rich....so not a patient anymore! So Sad! on Nov 11th, 2009

I think Dr. Soppe truly cared at one time, but not anymore. He is surely no businessman. How can he eliminate folks that went to him for years because they can't afford the extra fee's he now changes. Dr. Soppe, don't forget to care about the people that were loyal to you as their doctor for years. You lost all the 'goodwill' when you got your management team for concierge service and eliminated US....you patients (and we treated you as a good friend and family). So sad.

|  Awful!  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2009

I have never had a doctor be as arrogant, belittling, compassionless, egotistical, and rude as Dr. Glenn Soppe. He has no business being in a caring profession. Enough said.

|  Find a better doctor in the area  |  show details
by Unhappy Patient on Oct 6th, 2009

Dr. Soppe is much more interested in discussing his surf adventures than taking care of his patients. Do yourself and your family a favor and find someone in your area that focuses on the patient rather than themselves.

|  Former patient  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Soppes for 5 years or so. I have a pretty rare sickness and he said " please promise that you won't go to a different doctor, just me". Okay. This worked well until he went "concierge" and I could'nt afford the extra $1,500 per year or so to have the right to be his patient. I was dropped from his pratice as they now "only keep the concierge patients". This is to bad as he is a good doctor and nice guy, but a bad businessman that is now not thought of too highly in the community.

|  Good Family Practice  |  show details
by hjwvulcan on Jul 3rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Soppe and PA Teresa Beauchamp are a great team. Most of our family members in the area use them and appreicate their care and concern. Front office staff could use some smile and charm, if not a complete upgrade, but I don't go there for a receptionist.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com