Dr. Gloria Bowles-Johnson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gloria Bowles-Johnson?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Gloria Bowles-Johnson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

November 7th, 2013

Worst Doctor Ever!

She was terrible. Didn't listen. Longest waits I have ever had for a doctor. Didn't inform me of protein in my urine during my twin pregnancy. Cancelled three appt in a row when I was 30+ weeks pregnant with twins. I actually switched Dr. at 32 weeks because she was so terrible, I was afraid for the health of myself and my unborn twin girls! Do NOT go to this Dr. She is a disgrace to the medical field!!

May 6th, 2011

Dr. Bowles Johnson performed hysterectomy surgery on me after I was diagnosed with cancer. She was very caring, spent adequate time with me and was very patient considering that I was not the nicest or most cooperative when dealing with her and her office staff. I would highly recommend her.

March 21st, 2011

Really bad doctor - no empathy, no human treatment

Dr Bowles-Johnson doesn't realize that she treats female patients; doesn't have any empathy with women's gynecological issues; gives bureaucratic answers to important questions to the patient or statistics that do not matter to the patient; doesn't spend enough time or listens to the patient; covers up for the fornt-desk's failure to assist incoming patients in a professional and timely manner; doesn't follow-up on issues raised during a patient's visit. I do not recommend her as a doctor under any stretch.

November 21st, 2010

Find someone else...

Do NOT seek care at this hospital's OB/GYN department or from Dr. Bowels-Johnson if, as a patient, you place a value on your physician listening to you and the office being a responsive, capable entity.I sought care here for ongoing GYN issues that were very disruptive to my day to day life. I found Dr. Bowles-Johnson to be a very poor listener and her office to be chaotic and poorly organized to the point where the quality of care was significantly compromised. On one occasion, a nurse lied to the doctor about having contacted me. On another occasion, my pre-operative appointment was randomly cancelled. On another occasion, the pre-surgical screening department could not obtain lab records from the OB/GYN department, resulting in a third repetition of my lab work. With less than 24 hours before my scheduled surgical procedure, Dr. Bowles-Johnso's office called asking if I had my lab work done. ("Yes, three times..." I replied.) On another occasion, with less than 24 hours prior to my surgical procedure, Dr. Bowles-Johnson's office called again, this time asking if I had seen my primary care physician for pre-operative clearance. (I had. And I had discussed it in my pre-op appointment with Dr. Bowles-Johnson.) When attempting to obtain guidance from Dr. Bowles-Johnson regarding a post-operative return to my exercise regime, she appeared bothered and was unwilling answer my questions. Instead, she silenced me with the following comment, "How about you do nothing." I found this dismissive and disrespectful. And it was not the first time this type of communication had occurred with her. I was so dismayed by the above-described events, I cancelled my surgical procedure. The only helpful person I have encountered in this process was in billing, when seeking a refund for my pre-payment for surgery. I can not be more clear. Do not seek care at this facility or from Dr. Bowles-Johnson.

December 4th, 2009

Discourteous and Late

In two visits with my wife, we have waited for Dr. Bowles-Johnson for at least an hour. On the second occasion, we were the first appointment of the day and still waited almost an hour and a half for her to get around to us. When she arrived, she hurried through as though we were wasting her time.

June 22nd, 2009

She is a terrible doctor. When she told me I needed a hysterectomy I was surprised and shed a few tears, and she said to me "what are you crying about, it's not like you'll be having any babies anyways....". At her suggestion I saw another surgeon for a second opinion; he disagreed with her and said a hysterectomy was not called for. She then pretended that her diagnosis had been the same as his, although it was the exact opposite.

November 3rd, 2016