Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Horrible Practice  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2013

This is a terrible practice. The nurses do not know how to communicate or read test results. I was told I could or could not have genital herpes. I went there and had a routine yearly blood std check. When I asked for it the nurse asked me if I suspected I had anything. (How presumptuous?) I said even before I was not sexually activie since I was 16 at my other practice tested me for any and all STDS as protocol. When I was given my test results 3 weeks later the nurse told me over the phone that I could or not have genital herpes and told me, "it is the gift that keeps on giving." She said I had to go in for a retest. I was mortified and devastated. I called again because I wanted more information about the test and the results, because I was left so confused. I then had a talk with the office manager who stated it was pretty clear that I had genital herpes. They wanted to retest me to make sure but apparently the doctors notes were conclusive that I had this STD according to my chart. She clearly did not know how to read the results as they were inconclusive. She also told me it was very unlikely I had a false positive and that I had to be responsible and tell people I had this "disease." I told them I would no longer do business with them and went back to my old practice. When I told the office manager I was getting a second opinion she didn't seem to care and made it seem my results were pretty much set in stone. What do you know. I don't have herpes one or type two or any STD. I had a false positive which is what one of the tests is renown for, as it is a general screening test. Because I had chicken pox which is a form of herpes the general screening test came out positive and always will if anyone has had HSVI,HSV2, or chickenpox! The bottom line is if I truly had herpes or anything wrong health wise I should not of been talked to like that. NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT! DO NOT GO HERE! The nurses should of been supportive and understanding not demeaning and premature in diagnosis. The doctor was good (I came here originally as my friend recommened her) but they wouldn't even let me talk to her when I asked if I could go over my test results. Do not go here they do not know how to communicate and work with their clients who are the reason they have a job in the first place. The doctor is not enough for anyone to go this practice.

May 21st, 2012

Dr. Ivey-Crowe and the entire staff were personable, professional, and efficient. Dr. Ivey-Crowe listened while explained why I came in. She helped me understand what was going on with and why, outlined options for me to consider and was patient with me was I asked my questions.

|  Does NOT have hospital privileges  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

She had no privileges at any of the hospitals in the area. The care she does provide is rushed. The staff is rude, and the billing practices are absurd. Avoid like the plague.

|  Avoid her!!!  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2010

I cannot go into all the problems we had with her for the birth of my first child. Extremely substandard care, bordering on malpractice.

May 17th, 2010

HORRIBLE expericence!!! Me and my mother went to see her and it was my first time EVER going to a gyno. We waited for over an hour and when she finally got around to seeing me she was rude and hurried me. She was more interested in my tattoo's and piercings than asking me about what I needed, which I felt was extremly unprofessional. When she did the exam it hurt way more than it should have and then I had to call her to get my results, which a women told me when I called that I probably have HPV and scared the crap out of me. She didn't tell me anything about HPV or anything so I was freaking out for over a month before I got retested. Turns out my pap smear was normal -_-. But yeah horrible experience, never going back, and DO NOT RECOMEND THIS WOMAN!!

|  Agree that WPNV used to be wonderful  |  show details
by smom1bmom2 on Apr 13th, 2010

Had my first child through this practice when they had a Fairfax Office back in 2008. Was annoyed with wait and some of the other doctors, but stuck it out. Now that I'm seeking OB care again, I find out the Fairfax office closed and there are only two doctors at the practice. I had to wait over a WEEK for a blood test to confirm pregnancy, and I have to wait another 3 days for the result. The office staff is rude and short with patients. I haven't actually SEEN the doctor since my check up after giving birth in June 2008, and even then, it took weeks to even get THAT appointment.Needless to say, I'm shopping for a new OB/GYN.

Jan 21st, 2010

Every appt was late..sometimes by an hour. She was too quick and never made eye contact. There were originally 4 doctors, then 1 left, then another left..revolving door of dr's. Her nurses took forever to get back to me or set up appts with the hosptial. The only good thing is that Reston Hospital is nice.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Patient for 2 years... on Nov 20th, 2009

Women's Physicians delivered my third child. I have the best experience of all my deliveries. My wishes were honored, my concerns were heard and eased. I always left their office with a smile on my face. Dr. Crowe and her doctors each offer something different, and I LOVED all of them. I did not have a preference as to who delivered me.. not the case at my previous gynie office. I would have another child just to have Ivey-Crowe deliver!!!!

|  Very Caring OB  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2009

I am about to deliver our second child with this practice and they have done a wonderful job being informative, putting me at ease, and safely delivering ours (and our friends' children). The doctors and staff are always upbeat and caring. She even makes my husband feel super welcome and involves him in the whole process.

|  Use to be great  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2009

Dr. Ivey-Crowe seems overwhelmed by the size of her practice. Appointments are frequently canceled, and when you actually get one, expect to wait an hour plus to be seen. It use to be a great OB/Gyn practice.

|  Love her!  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2008

She delivered 2 of my babies and she was so wonderful. From the first visit to delivery, I couldn't have asked for better!