Dr. Gloria Shenkir Is this you?

January 2nd, 2015

Can't See Her

I think Dr. Swader (now Shenkir) is probably a very good doctor and spent a lot of time with me. However, when trying to book an appointment you will need to wait about 3 months! Ridiculous wait time to see her, look elsewhere.

January 19th, 2014

Doctor/Patient Care

I have been a patient of Dr. Sweder's ( now Dr. Shenkir) for many years. I have nothing but good things to say regarding her as a doctor. She listens and is very attentive when dealing with her patients. She gets the patients involved in the decisions regarding the best course of treatment and care for them. If it's something out of her expertise, she will refer you to someone who is knowledgeable. Now, I have to admit that I too, have experienced appointment cancelations and can understand how it can be frustrating to some. However, I do remind myself that doctors are human too and have unexpected emergencies like the rest of us. Therefore, no one knows what the reasons for those cancelations are. Especially having a new baby and becoming a mom for the first time. I also have to add that; for awhile, she was filling in for a couple of doctors that either retired or moved on. Personally, I would rather have a well rested and refreshed doctors making decisions over me than one who isn't. Again, I can understand others frustration, but this isn't a deal breaker for me. I will continue to see her and would recommend her to anyone.

November 6th, 2013

multiple appointment cancellations very unprefessional

I have been seeing Dr Shanker for about 3 years. She has cancelled 3 or 4 appointments with me. No phone call or anything, I show up for my appointment and they tell me she called into work so they have to reschedule. Here I take off of work and still need to pay a babysitter all to go in just to be told I cant be seen. I am switching doctors today. Although she is a vey nice lady I have never in my life been treated like this by anybody I have had an appointment with. My nail salon is better at keeping my appointments than she is. I would not recommend her unless you enjoy waisting your time trying to be seen by her.

September 23rd, 2015