Overall Review

3.9

March 8th, 2015
Great doctor.

July 8th, 2012
Dr. Pickens
I was admitted to Baylor of Garland and he was assigned to be my doctor. He was indecisive and I ended up having a stent put in. I kept getting worse and worse so ended up leaving the hospital without the doctor's okay. I started getting better as soon as I got out and I ended up going to another doctor who I loved.

January 5th, 2010
Dr. Pickens was referred to me by my primary care doctor for recurring bladder infections and kidney stones. He and his staff were very professional. Dr. Pickens had great bedside manners and really seemed to care about my issues and concerns. Dr. Pickens diagnosed the issue and has treated me on and off for the past 6 months.

November 2nd, 2009
Dr. Pickens is an ok doctor!
Dr. Pickens was not my doctor of choice but since I was rushed to the ER with severe pain and was given so much pain medicine that someone else had to make the decision for me. Dr. Pickens was the one that the hospital called to come in. I had a kidney stone and so put in a stent in my urthra, hoping that when he took it out that would pull the kidney stone out with it. He kept me in the hospital for 3 days and then sent me home. I was still in severe pain and the pain pills dont really do much for kidney stone pain, I went in and had the stent taken out in his office and the stone did not come out with it. So we were back to square one. More pain came and went. I went back to see him and still to this day he has done nothing to help me with my kidney stones problems. I still have pain, and I just wish he would go in and bust them up so I could pass them but no he won't. He only wants to do things that are convient for him and not for you. He also never wants to give you pain meds when as we all know kidney stones are right up there with having babies, so we know that its very painful. I am going to try a new kidney doctor, and hope to finally get some relief!! You could give him a try, you may have better luck!!