Dr. George Thomas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 17th, 2016
Dr. Thomas performed a colon resection on me for colon cancer. He has been superb throughout my ordeal and hospital stay. I believe he is just the best there is.

September 26th, 2015
Had as Dr. While in hospital. He was excellent and saved me from surgery which is his field of expertise!

March 31st, 2013
I have nerer written a review so please read this with a grain ( or in my case, a pound ) of salt. At first impression Dr. Thomas seemed alright. He asked me about why I was there. I explained that I was refered by another Dr. about the cyst on my back. This cyst has been there about four years and I finally had enough that I want to do something about it. He looked at it for about 20 seconds and said that there was really nothing wrong and that the cyst, if that is what it really is, was not that big and shouldn't cause that much problems. I explained that it felt like someone was shoving a thumb in my back. It had gotten to the point that it was affecting my work and my sleep. It is my opinion that Dr. Thomas was not really interested in my problems with my back because he kept refering that he did not do any procedures in his office but only at the hospital. At this point I was really frustrated,why, because I just spent 180.00 dollars for the office visit, 20 dollars in gas and the loss of a day's wages. Yes, I was fuming. When I explained this to him he just looked at me, with a big smile on his face," I don't charge 180.00 dollars for the surgery that I do." At that point I knew that I had to leave. He made it clear that he would be happy to help me with the cyst but it would have to be at the hospital and that he would have to put me under. It is my opinion that Dr.Thomas is more interested in how much money he can get out of a patient as opposed to how well he can help you. I would say to any one that would use Dr. Thomas that there is a saying," You don't need to be a good actor to spot a bad one."