Dr. Gokhan Ozuner MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Cleveland, OH

• Good
  • Bad

March 16th, 2017
One of the best doctors around!
Great doctor! I have gone through 2 surgeries with this doctor. Not sure where the other negative ratings are coming from, but I have never had a doctor call me on his personal time to see how I was doing. He answers my questions with professionalism and accuracy. He does not sugar coat; he tells you what to expect and what his recommendations are. Dr Ozuner is one of the best colorectal surgeons for a reason. I highly recommend him.

April 15th, 2016
Horrible experience
I am horrified what I just experienced having a colonoscopy. The dr . Was mean , in a hurry , yelled at me many times. He said he can't help me that I need to go to a G. I dr. It was the way he said it. The worst part. He didn't wait for the anesthesia to work . I felt everything. I was in much pain and I told him. He yelled at me 3 times saying that if I cannot deal with this then he will stop the procedure. I asked him to please wait for the anesthesia to work he ignored me . He was not gental at all. It was brutal . I had a colonoscopy 2 years ago. It was a good experience then but this time was a nightmare. He didn't even talk to me after the procedure. On his way out with his coat he quickly told my husband in the waiting area that everything was normal. I will say everyone else was wonderful . The nurses in the room with me felt so bad for me. They knew that Dr. Ozuner 's behavior was wrong . Please don't let anyone else suffer at the hands of this dr .

September 11th, 2015
Couldn't get anyone to call me with my test results

August 28th, 2015
Dr. Ozuner fan
One couldn't ask for a better doctor or man. He is compassionate, kind, and a talented doctor. He is the first doctor I have ever had who would call me to see how I was doing--during his off hours. I am blessed to have him as my doctor!

January 21st, 2015
Patient's wife
Dr. Ozuner is a very conscientious surgeon that insists in providing his patients with exceptional medical treatment. Dr. has called us at home in the evening to check in, has taken time to answer questions and included the medical opinions of other physicians in offering treatment options, as the treatment of my husband's condition has been difficult and unusual at times.

June 23rd, 2014
shocked and humiliated
after receiving compassionate care at my local hospital, I was shocked to say the least at his lack of professionalism and how the morale of his surrounding surgical team was destroyed at a hyped-up place like cc. I was actually in tears being wheeled into surgery, told my scared husband I wanted out, and almost got myself off the table(really) to go home. His manner with females needs adjusted and his touch needs to lighten - absolutely no bedside manner or kindness in my suffering. Seems like he is not interested in being an American gentleman. Hopefully, he'll be happier at his new place, and also spend more time talking with his patients. At least he found my problem and got the ball rolling and then I transferred to my next surgeons who were so wonderful.

September 25th, 2013
Always talked above you and did not take questions very well. Needs a personality and some level of listening to patients. I wish I read the other reviews first.

June 6th, 2013
great doctor. Highly recommend

February 15th, 2013
Dr. Ozuner is gruff and abrasive. I do not feel that he cares for his patients. I do not feel that he is a good doctor and I have no confidence that he has good surgical skills.

January 10th, 2012
Horrible bedside manner
He got so angry in OR over paperwork, nurse had to ask him to leave as I was trying to prepare for surgery.Rude and abrasive.

May 17th, 2008
No wonder chosen Top Colorectal Surgeon in Medical Publications 4 years in a row
My experience with Dr. Ozuner was nothing but spectacular. In these stressed times for doctors I didn't know you could get such a caring person to get so personally involved with their patients even during weekends. Caring surgeon, what more could we want?

June 27th, 2017