Dr. Gonzalo Laje MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 16th, 2016
High strung, egotistical; will even laught at you if he doesn't agree with what you're saying.

July 23rd, 2015
Kept forgetting to refill my rx through the pharmacy so I would go a week without meds and then end up going through withdrawal. Asked at every appointment if I was having sex and doing drugs yet, as though all teens inevitably do these things. Left because I did not trust him with helping me and felt uncomfortable around him. Felt it was very unprofessional and unsafe to forget to refill patient's medicine.

July 16th, 2014
A Parent
Our child is a patient of Dr. Laje's. Dr. Laje is a wonderful child psychiatrist. He has a unique understanding of psychotropic medications and he took the time to explain the side effects and what to expect. Also, his staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend him for child psychiatry!

May 16th, 2014
Parent
Dr. Laje did not properly inform us of side effects. I also do not feel that he understands the development of children. He seems insensitive to our family's needs.

February 10th, 2014
This doc is only interested in your money!
My son was referred to Dr. Laje to get an updated diagnoses for ADD. For $300, Dr. Laje asked him, "Do you hear voices?" and "Have you ever considered committing suicide?" THAT WAS IT! Then, my son was given a 30-day prescription for the meds he'd been on for four years (prescribed by his former doctor who had passed away) and told that he'd have to pay $200 a visit each time he wanted the prescription renewed. If you don't care about real medical care, ethical treatment or your money -- Laje's your doctor!

May 3rd, 2011
One of the best childOne psychiatrists I've known
We had a very difficult time with our 12 year-old son. He had been misdiagnosed bipolar and autism spectrum. At one point he was taking 6 different medications and we were still having serious problems. When we met Dr. Laje he made an accurate diagnosis and with a behavioral plan and less medicine our son improved significantly. We got our family back! Thank you!