Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Horrible assistant - Shelli should be fired or at least supervised closely by someone who will do it right! show details Horrible assistant - Shelli should be fired or at least supervised closely by someone who will do it right!
Jul 20th, 2015

I wasted a lot of time preparing for GI surgery including having my child take a wasted vacation day to drive me home afterwards. Less than 24 hours before the surgery, Shelli called me to abruptly cancel the surgery saying that she had to have permission from another one of my doctors before Dr.Pandolfi could do the surgery, and my doctor was on vacation (because it was summer), so Dr. Gandolfi had to have permission from my rheumatologist to do a colonoscopy and had to cancel the procedure because she couldn't get hold of him. I've never had a licensed physician say they could not do surgery without the OK of another licensed physician. Anyway, my guess is that Shelli forgot to get this task done during the months leading up to the surgery (during which my doctor was at his office), remembered only at the last minute, and then blamed me for the cancellation because my doctor was doing what he had every right to do, take a pre-planned vacation. If she had even mentioned this to me in all the written instructions she gave me, I could have asked him to do whatever he was being asked to do, but the first time I heard about this requirement was less than 24 hours before the surgery. THEN, she stalked me with numerous letters over several months "signed" by Dr. Gandolfi, reminding me that s/he had directed me to have this surgery and I had not had it; telling me to call Shelli at his/her office immediately to do it all over again (I met once with Dr.Gandolfi, and thought he was professional, and so I doubt he even knew Shelli canceled the surgery at the last minute, I suspect she told him that I canceled it at the last minute.) I certainly was not going to go through the elaborate preparation she demanded, a second time. Instead, I found a different gastroenterologist, who did not need to have anyone's permission to do a colonoscopy (except the IL Board of Professional Regulation, of course), and he was puzzled as to why Dr. Gandolfi would have needed a rheumatologists's permission to do a procedure in his own specialty area that has nothing to do with rheumatology. It was a very exhausting, stressful, and negative experience, where nothing was accomplished. Dr.Gandolfi seemed nice the one time I met him, but he needs to supervise his employee much more closely.

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
Jun 25th, 2015

Great bedside manner. Dr Pandolfi was very thorough in reviewing my test results with me. He and his staff, Shelli and Caren, are one of a kind. They show compassion and understanding to their patients. I will definitely recommend this physician and practice.

by Cynthia Pellegrino on Jun 17th, 2015

Met Dr. Pandolfi for the first time in the hospital I was pleasantly surprised with this doctor and his willingness to listen as well as his caring bedside manner. He gave me feedback to my condition in terms that I understood, I felt like I mattered and was not just another patient.

by Rob on Jun 11th, 2015

Very good doctor, great follow up and expertise in the advanced endoscopic procedure needed for my care

May 2nd, 2015

Very bad experience with this facility and this doctor.

Jan 22nd, 2015

Very disappointed with this doctor's expertise and care.

Great Dr show details Great Dr
Feb 28th, 2014

Dr Pandolfi is a great Dr. He spent a great deal of time with myself and my husband in the office and even called me to follow up by phone. I have great respect for him as a Dr and would highly recommend him.

Compassionate Dr show details Compassionate Dr
Nov 6th, 2013

I feel truly blessed to have Dr Pandolfi on my side helping me understand my recent diagnosis and treatment options.

Wonderful physician and staff show details Wonderful physician and staff
Aug 28th, 2013

Dr Pandolfi was so wonderful with myself and my husband. He spent a lot of time explaining the CT scan result and the reason behind my husband having an endoscopic ultrasound. He made us feel very comfortable with this recommendation. Shelli was so kind to us and was very helpful when it came time to schedule this procedure. Everyone we encountered at the Endoscopy center was very kind and helpful.

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
Aug 20th, 2013

Dr Pandolfi is a great physician! He has a great staff, excellent bedside manner and has a way of making you feel better even when given a difficult diagnosis. I would highly recommend him and his staff .

Aug 13th, 2013

Dr Pandolfi is a wonderful physician. He has helped me to understand my symptoms and diagnosis and how to live as normal a life as possible. He is very compassionate about what he does and helping his patients.

Mar 29th, 2013

I was dissapointed with this doctor's care and the outcome of my procedure.

Such a Wonderful Doctor! show details Such a Wonderful Doctor!
by Barbie on Mar 7th, 2013

I have discussed many issues with Dr Pandolfi. He was always so helpful and gave me solid advice. He operated on my daughter as well. He has totally gained my faith and trust. My daughter is doing great and so am I.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Mar 4th, 2013

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Pandolfi. He spent a lot of time with me answering my questions and explaining things. I highly recommend him.

Feb 16th, 2013

Highly efficient, great bedside care.

Jan 30th, 2013

Great experience

Dec 1st, 2012

He was very thorough and took time to explain my condition and plan, i would definitely recommend this doctor

Oct 26th, 2012

Great care

Aug 13th, 2012

This doctor came highly recommended however was dissapointed with his care.

Aug 10th, 2012

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Pandolfi. He is a highly specialized doctor and was able to do a complex procedure right in his office that normally I would need to travel to the city for. He spent lots of time reviewing what would happen and even called me at home to follow up. I am now fully recovered and so thankful for his care.

Jun 11th, 2012

Doctor seemed efficient and knowledgeable unfortunately I ended up having an outpatient procedure that turned into a 5 night hospital stay and major surgery due to a peforation during the outpatient procedure done by this doctor--my advice would be to make sure to ask about every possible complication before having a procedure done.

Jun 26th, 2010

Dr. Pandolfi is a highly skilled and specialized physician. He diagnosed what other doctors missed and I will forever be grateful. I wouldn't go to anyone else.