Dr. Gonzalo Rodriguez-Laiz Is this you?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 5 Ratings with 1 Comment

July 18th, 2012

SBS & Dr. Rodriguez

I met with Dr. Rodriguez to discuss the possibility of an intesinal transplant. At that time I had a little less than 2 feet of small intestine, had been on TPN for 2 1/2 years, with many complications. Dr. Rodriguez chose to do rehab surgery, which extended my small intestine to a little less than 3 feet. Which has helped me avoid transplant surgery. Dr. Rodriguez was caring, clear, and wonderful to work with, both in and out of the hospital. My life was greatly improved after the surgery. I am now in a research study group for a medication to help support my short bowel syndrome. Which in combination with the surgery, has allowed me to wean off TPN completely.

October 19th, 2015