A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gonzalo Vargas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gonzalo Vargas is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gonzalo Vargas, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Laser Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Vargas graduated from Universidad Del Valle, Cali, Melendez.
Dr. Vargas has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- El Campo Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vargas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 15 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans