Dr. Gopi Vasudevan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

June 16th, 2016
Dr. had us taking test after test, medication after medication . the medication was very expensive. His office staff and nurse are not friendly and they are hateful. we are going to get an new Dr. because you can't get your test results for a week after the test. I had 2 Ct scans, colon test, Upper GI, lab tests and he still can't tell me what is wrong.

June 19th, 2015
Honest and constructive/clean opinion!
The most memorable is being to the point and doing the job. The most annoying is not being able to talk to the doctor in person. He came in right before the procedure and talked without asking questions that are related to the situation and then I went to sleep. I was not aware of what is going on around me until I got in the car going home. All the questions and illness details haven't been answered/discussed. I had no chance to talk to the doctor after the surgery; I was still unconscious. My husband was not able to recall most of the information he got from the doctor because he has medical reasons that affects his cognitive ability. I was diagnosed with two illnesses, one of them is contagious and deadly. I am not posting my opinion to spread rumors or to spoil the good work the doctor does. I am just wanting the doctor to pay attention to his patients' needs. It is meant to be a constructive opinion!

June 12th, 2015
Fantastic doctor!!
Fantastic doctor! In this day and age of moving client's along as fast as we move cattle, it's nice to have a doctor that spends time with you. I've had two appointments with Dr. Vasudevan and both times I was blown away by the amount of time he spent answering all my questions and being completely honest with me. He spent 45 minutes with me and I never felt rushed. His advice put me on the right track to lose a considerable amount of weight (56 pounds so far) and I thank him! He's straightforward and does sugarcoat anything. Go see him people!!

November 20th, 2013
look for another medical doctor
This man has absolutely no compassion for some of his patients , he enjoys making fun of people and their lifestyles and has the attitude that if you don't play it his way then it's time to hit the road . He is very critical and when you question his procedure that he will be doing he becomes offended and very defensive and childish in his answers . He is very hot headed and most arrogant . It's puzzling as to why he wanted to become a doctor , maybe he was looking for easy money for a BMW 7 Series or a Mercedes S Class but certainly no compassion for people . Please look in another city such as Tulsa because you will be only helping yourself .

September 27th, 2013
Awesome
I think he is Mr Awesome because he was able to help me when so many doctors had not. I was in extreme pain for 2 1/2 years before I went to him and after following all of his advise I am now pain free and have lost 50 pounds. I would and have recommended him to others.

August 15th, 2013
Patient
I don't understand these negative reviews... You see, I am a patient of Dr. Vasudevan's, and have experienced two procedures with him in the past 6 months, plus a follow-up visit. I am a morbidly obese patient of his, working hard to create a better me. I was taken aback by Dr. V's blunt, to the point method at first but he has always been very cordial, professional and caring about his patients. Dr. V is not the type of doctor that will sugar-coat your issues and pat you on the back, pitying you. If you have a problem with your health, he is honest, straight-forward and is never unkind. An open mind and the willingness to understand the body, working hard to control my health while staying motivated is all he's ever asked of me. He's uplifting, refreshingly knowledgeable, and a delight in his serious, hard working desire to better those who are willing to accept what he teaches. His non-conventional ways make him uniquely admired by those who appreciate him. Dr. Vasudevan has been recommended to many of my friends and co-workers and I plan to continue the word-of-mouth sharing of his great deeds. Thank you Dr. Vasudevan for all you've done for me and for helping me on the right track to giving me my life back!!

July 31st, 2013
About my experience
I found that Dr. Vasudevan was very professional and courteous. I really was unsure at first about the advise that he had given me about changing my diet and adding more fruits and veggies as well as cutting out my intake of pop or any carbonated beverage, but after following my Doctors orders and staying on this path for 3 months I am by far a 100% better person for it. I feel better I've lost weight and I do notice a change in the way I feel overall. I'm glad that I was referred to Dr. Vasudevan and I would recommend him to anyone that has suffered or is suffering from Gastrol problems.

July 28th, 2013
Treated Horribly!
I was referred out to Dr. Vasudevan by my primary physician to perform a EGD (scope). When I arrived, I was naturally nervous and the staff was wonderful at making me feel at ease. Every step the nursing staff took was fully explained to me to make sure that I understood what I was about to go through. I had never met Dr. Vasudevan before, not even in his office when I went in to sign the release paperwork. The first meeting that I had with him was in the procedure room before the procedure took place. Instead of asking me any medical history questions, which you would assume would happen since he has never treated me before and has no medical history except what I have provided, he immediately took to a soapbox and began to lecture me on veganism and how I should be a practicing vegan. He also went on to insinuate that I gorge myself on food and this is the reason why I am overweight (which is completely untrue) and then began to lecture me on exercise (which I do everyday, but he didn't ask about any of it) and how any weight loss I attempted would be unsuccessful and take up to ten years to achieve. To put the cherry on top of the cake, he looked me deadpan in the eye before walking out to signal the nursing staff to begin sedating me and said "Let's see what kind of damage you have done to yourself." If I wasn't attached to machines and needles, I would have walked out right then. The experience didn't get any better after the procedure either. He failed to fully explain what he actually found (I am going to my own physician to try and figure out the results), his recovery staff was hateful and inconsiderate of any needs that I had. I woke up fully awake and competent, yet the nursing staff wouldn't even speak to me, let alone answer any of the questions that I had without a hateful attitude (it was obvious that I was competent and not suffering from memory lapses after waking up). Dr. Vasudevan is the most inconsiderate, uncompassionate physician I have ever encountered and I am supposed to visit him again for another consult for a different issue, however I think that I will take the chance and find another physician. I will never go back and I will never recommend his services to anyone.

February 5th, 2012
Awful
The pre-colonoscopy visit consisted of watching a video - no doctor meeting. Waited over 90 minutes after arrival for the procedure. Dr was shamefully unapologetic. Dr V. told me his findings while I was still under the effect of the anaesthtic so I have no memory of talking to him or what he said.Absolutely shocking, will never go back.