Dr. Gordon Arnott Jr Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gordon Arnott Jr?

September 14th, 2017

Condescending jerk

After waiting in an exam room for 70 minutes with no updates from staff, and the door closed, I opened the door and looked at the other exam rooms. They were empty. I told the women who were just outside my room talking about weekend plans that I had to leave to go to work soon (thru Portland traffic crossing the I-5 bridge into Vancouver where I am an RN at a very busy ER) and I could give him another 5 minutes before I would have to leave. The sweet woman who took my blood and vitals was alarmed that I hadn't been seen and said I would be next. This guy walks in and says, "Are we going to be able to do this?" Doesn't introduce himself and when I say "What?" He repeats it twice more, like I'm the one who kept him waiting? So I walk over and look at his name badge and then he introduces himself as Doctor Arnott and proudly says he is the medical director of the facility. Then he stands there glaring at me as if I have insulted him by being there. All I needed was a general physical- reflexes, stand on my toes, follow my finger stuff, does your abdomen hurt? - etc. From entrance to exit was 4 minutes. Then he just walks out. No apologies for being slow to get to me, no kiss my butt, nothing. There was one guy in the waiting room when I arrived and I walked past 4 empty exam rooms on the way to mine. This guy just does not care.

September 9th, 2016

Hand Injury

Treated a bad puncture due to equipment. Prompt, accurate, and good stitch work.

March 13th, 2015

The finest doctor I have been too ... seriously ... he really cares about me

September 17th, 2011

Business owner

This doctor saved my life. I had never had asthma before and was not sure what was going on. I went to the urgent care and they took care of me right away, hardly any wait. They hooked me up to a breathing machine and watched me closely. They were very attentive and kind. When my breath got under control. I was given the same meds my family doctor confirmed that these where the drugs I would need to use in the future. All in all I was really thankful for the superior treatment and thoughtfulness. I will continue to use this urgent care in the future.

April 9th, 2010

Dangerous practice.

New to the area- my son had a sinus infection. Arrived, office staff competent but disinterested. No big deal. Not a long wait which was nice, but medical assistant was again, disinterested and incompetent with the vital sign measurement. She manually took blood pressure in under 5 seconds,I timed it. As a nurse, this is not enough time.Said my son's bp was 100/62- not his- normal. I took it at home and he was at his norm of 120/64.None of these things were too alarming, but once the doctor entered, and began his assessment I knew something was very wrong.He didn't even look at me when he entered the room, speaking only to my minor son and when I tried to answer some of the questions, he ignored my statements.At this point, I still wanted to give the doctor the benefit of the doubt. Sat quietly in the corner as he asked my son basic questions. My son, having been sick for over a week- answered incorrectly to the questions about whether he had had a fever, any ear pain, and the length of his illness. I waited until the doctor had completed his questioning before I interjected and said that my son had in fact had a fever for two days in spite of over the counter meds, had completed of ear pain and left sided facial pain ((over the maxillary sinus area)- rating his pain of 5 out of 10 to me only moments prior. Dr. Arnott gave no verbal or physical acknowledgment of my comments, and said "You've got a sinus infection- I am going to give you some antibiotics. I'll be right back." At this point, I was sure I wouldn't come back here but not feeling the need to write a google review. Then Dr. Arnott came back. Again, no acknowledgment of the parent in the room. He proceeds to hand my son the scripts stating, "This one is the least important, it's a cough syrup. I know you are not coughing alot, but it will help loosen things up and help the antibiotic to work better. This second one is the nasal spray, the antibiotics won't work as well if you are congested so use this. And this is the important one, the antibiotic. Ok- take care." And walks out of the room. No names of what he prescribed, no instructions- written or verbal, and no opportunity for questions. THAT is what threw me over the edge. JACHO and I am sure other qualifying agencies have made it well know that CLEAR medication instructions are IMPERATIVE to safe and effective care, written instructions being preferred. After my son handed me the scripts, I got another shock. This medical doctor had just handed my 14 year old son a narcotic prescription, with the general instructions that it will "loosen" the mucus up. I was horrified at this dangerous and misleading information. Not only did he and his staff fail to offer guidelines for the medications, they didn't warn us of potential allergic reactions to the antibiotics or the sedative effects of narcotics. He actually handed a controlled substance prescription to my teenager. Thank God my kid is a druggie, he might have taken the opportunity to drink the whole bottle tonight and get nice and high. Do you see why I feel so strongly about this? Most mothers would not have recognized the "cough syrup" as hydrocodone and had no idea why her child became so sedated. It is not only the pharmacist's job to educate and keep patients safe. After a discussion with the doctor, I felt fairly satisfied that he was beyond change, as he denied any of my perceptions or feelings, or any of the dangers of his practice. He clearly stated "we have lots of families that are happy coming back here." To that I say, it's because they don't know any better. Now you do, friend- so I strongly encourage you to go elsewhere in the Salmon Creek area for your urgent medical needs. There are two other clinics, and I believe ones in Hazel Dell that might protect and serve you better. You are your best advocate and have the right to safe, friendly, and COMPETENT care.Kind Regards.

April 8th, 2010

Dangerous practice. Go somewhere else.

March 11th, 2010

HORRIBLE VISIT

dr arnott had the worst bedside manner of any doctor that has ever treated me or anyone else i have been around. he asks questions but if you take more than a few seconds to answer it or dont know how exactly to answer so you try to explain yourself he seems to get annoyed and then interrupt before you even answered HIS qestion! i went in for pain in my shoulder, told him exactly where it hurt and my concern and he NEVER even felt it, checked my range of motion or anything! no xray no mri just prescriptions for pain pills and muscle relaxants..

September 29th, 2017