Dr. Gordon Bowers Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

June 13th, 2016
TERRIBLE office! Hopefully nothing is wrong with you because you'll wait over a month to get any type of results, all while suffering with no treatment or medication because he doesn't believe in giving pregnant women medication! So glad I switched doctors! Don't use this office! You'll have nothing but anger, confusion, and regret!

April 3rd, 2016
Dr. Bowers is a good doctor and is very informative and answers questions. But he is very over booked and I felt like I was "just a number" when I went to my visit. I am a first-time mom and I don't know what to expect. So if you are looking for a in-and-out Drs. office and already know what to expect when expecting he is a good doctor. I feel like some of the staff is unprofessional. I just would not recommend for first time moms, it can be overwhelming being rushed.

August 1st, 2015
I LOVE THIS DOCTOR. HE HAS BEEN IN MY FAMILY FOR MANY YEARS AND I WOULDN'T CHANGE DOCTORS FOR NOTHING IN THE WORLD.

October 18th, 2011
I used Dr. Bowers my very first pregnancy back in 2008. He is a really good doctor but when you visit his office, you don't just deal with him. His staff are extremely rude(especially the fat light skinned on behind the counter) and the short lady with short hair and glasses. He has maybe three staff members that are really good.(love Mrs. Ann)He is not a great doctir for first time mothers, he does not educate you on what is going on or what is going to happen. I learned all of my "need to know" from the book "what to expect when expecting". He is really a good doctor though, he knows his stuff. I had my daughter with out no complications and with out having to be cut in any way shape or form. I seen him only once after delivery when he came to check on me after they removed me from delivery room. I changed doctors with my second child because his staff mainly. They had input some incomplete dates in my chart for one of my test and it came back that I was going to have a child with down syndrome or spinal bifida. When I asked the staff about what was going on, they told me to wait to talk to the specialist down in Lafayette almost a month later! When I finally got to see maternal fetal medicine in Lafayette, the doctor told me that this was not the first time that it had happened but they put into the computer that I was 19 weeks and 6days when I was really 14 weeks and 6 days. It made a huge difference! My test was inaccurate and I decided to change doctors since his office was clearly overwhelmed with patients. I also had a placenta previa so I was not taking any chances on them not getting it together! I wish I could have stayed with Doctor Bowers though, I really did like him.

July 6th, 2017