Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

by Carl Fudger on Sep 5th, 2015

I have had 4 surgeries with Dr. Holen in the past year, with the last being my lower back! I give the man the highest praises for the great work he had done on the various part of my body. I highly recommend and thank the man for all he has done for me!!!

Two Kinds of Doctors show details Two Kinds of Doctors
Mar 11th, 2014

One kind of doctor is dedicated, caring, his/her patient comes first and he/she honors the Hippocratic Oath "do no harm." The other kind is only interested in the money that can be made and does not care about the well being of the patient. Dr. Holen is the money kind. He refuses to correct a surgical problem on an original surgery he performed because the patient has no insurance and cannot pay him right now. This refusal to correct the problem could lead to the loss of a leg and a medical malpractice lawsuit. Does he even care? I would think twice before going to him.

Where is Dr. Holen?? show details Where is Dr. Holen??
by Florida Patient on Feb 21st, 2013

I have written several reviews, but Dr. Holen left in the middle of the night in late 2012 to move to Sieverville TN for reasons I cannot explain. He was my hero and although I believe in him as a doctor I cannot wonder why he left. He just moved and set up shop somewhere else. What did we do to deserve no notice? Where are my records? He still has the best bed side manner...but I have been waiting outside his office for 4 months...still have not seen the doctor??

Outstanding doctor...excellent bed side manner show details Outstanding doctor...excellent bed side manner
Feb 18th, 2012

I have endured multiple Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Holen is the best. He has operated on my shoulder, upper and lower spine, and my knee. He is now running his own practice. I initially had a TKR on my right knee by two orther surgeons. I was in terrible shape. Dr. Holen took my case when he went out on his own, fixed my knee, and saved me. He gives his patients his personal cell and puts it on your chart when you are in the hospital. When, not if, when you have a problem in the hospital he is available and gives you the care you need. He is the absolute best I have ever had! Kim (CEO) and Stephanie (receptionist) are excellent also. You get great care.

Don't go to this surgeon show details Don't go to this surgeon
Mar 7th, 2011

He really messed me up. He nicked the spinal dura during my initial back surgery, but didn't fix it right then. I ended up having 4 more surgeris for spinal fluid leaks, all caused by him. He has no business doing spine surgery. It's out of his league!

Exceptional Dr. show details Exceptional Dr.
Jun 10th, 2010

Dr. Holen is the best by far. After a year of my primary doctor doing nothing for me, I had the pleasure of seeing him. He listens and takes action. Only because of Dr. Holen have I improved. The entire staff is knowledgeable and compassionate. There is onsite physical therapy and radiology. I can't say enough about him and the entire staff.

Dr. Holen is the Best show details Dr. Holen is the Best
Mar 17th, 2009

Truly cares about his patients, and is completely and thoroughly knowledgeable regarding how problems come about and treatment options. If you don't need surgery, he's not afraid to tell you!