Orthopaedic Surgeon, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Surgeons
Video profile
9550-11 US Highway 19
Port Richey, FL 34668
855-957-7463
Locations and availability (5)

|  Two Kinds of Doctors  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2014

One kind of doctor is dedicated, caring, his/her patient comes first and he/she honors the Hippocratic Oath "do no harm." The other kind is only interested in the money that can be made and does not care about the well being of the patient. Dr. Holen is the money kind. He refuses to correct a surgical problem on an original surgery he performed because the patient has no insurance and cannot pay him right now. This refusal to correct the problem could lead to the loss of a leg and a medical malpractice lawsuit. Does he even care? I would think twice before going to him.

|  Where is Dr. Holen??  |  show details
by Florida Patient on Feb 21st, 2013

I have written several reviews, but Dr. Holen left in the middle of the night in late 2012 to move to Sieverville TN for reasons I cannot explain. He was my hero and although I believe in him as a doctor I cannot wonder why he left. He just moved and set up shop somewhere else. What did we do to deserve no notice? Where are my records? He still has the best bed side manner...but I have been waiting outside his office for 4 months...still have not seen the doctor??

|  Outstanding doctor...excellent bed side manner  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2012

I have endured multiple Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Holen is the best. He has operated on my shoulder, upper and lower spine, and my knee. He is now running his own practice. I initially had a TKR on my right knee by two orther surgeons. I was in terrible shape. Dr. Holen took my case when he went out on his own, fixed my knee, and saved me. He gives his patients his personal cell and puts it on your chart when you are in the hospital. When, not if, when you have a problem in the hospital he is available and gives you the care you need. He is the absolute best I have ever had! Kim (CEO) and Stephanie (receptionist) are excellent also. You get great care.

|  Captain Russ Cowper  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Holen in my ezperience is the finest surgeon I have trusted to work on my body. Dr. Holen did a neck fusion on two vertebrae with hardware at Largo Medical Facility. I felt better in the rcover room than i did in preop. Pain, numbness, and lack of upper body strength. Doc leaves his cell phone number with the nurses and spends more time with me than any previous doctor. Doc spent 30 minutes with my wife after the procedure. One month later I had a lower spinal fusion with all new hardware (titatium rods and screws) on L3, L4, and L5. He took out all of the hardware from my last fusion a decade before and greatly improved my pain level! The personal best for me is his very sincere concern for my pain level, my personal well being and the fact the man is accessible to meat a monents notice! I have had surgeons refused to treat me because I am so messed up. I trust the man completely and I was overjoyed when he left the Medical Storm Troopers at Florida Spine. Florida spine went to court to prevent Dr. Holen from treating his old patients. I was forced to have a knee replacement. My knee surgery was infected and had to be removed. The two different surgeons (not Dr. Holen) responsible for my 14 months of severe pain caused my problems. Dr. Holen agreed to cure my infection and give me a new knee after having his credentials changed to another hospital so the Florda Spine Storm Troopers could not interfere. A week ago Dr. Holen reconstructed my screwed up knee and put in a new primary knee. Doc called me at home the night before to make sure I was okay! He called me on the 4th of july to make sure I was not in too much pain. He is fantastic! I am a 47 year old working father of three teen agers. I wish there was a way to repay his kindness.Repairing or doing a revision on my knee does not pay like the first two surgeries!!! The initial joing scared two other doctors away. I recommend him without question He has treated my 13 year old daughter and is a brilliant doctor. My last knee surgeon held up my surgery for 5 months because my knee surface was purple and ugly.....no blood flow causing swelling and an ugly scar. Dr. Dore required a plastic surgeon and a second procudure to cover the wound. Dr. Holen is an artist as my knee is a bright pink, has great bloow flow, and my circulation is excellent. No worries as this man is the consumate physician!!!!

|  Don't go to this surgeon  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

He really messed me up. He nicked the spinal dura during my initial back surgery, but didn't fix it right then. I ended up having 4 more surgeris for spinal fluid leaks, all caused by him. He has no business doing spine surgery. It's out of his league!

|  Exceptional Dr.  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2010

Dr. Holen is the best by far. After a year of my primary doctor doing nothing for me, I had the pleasure of seeing him. He listens and takes action. Only because of Dr. Holen have I improved. The entire staff is knowledgeable and compassionate. There is onsite physical therapy and radiology. I can't say enough about him and the entire staff.

|  Dr. Holen is the Best  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2009

Truly cares about his patients, and is completely and thoroughly knowledgeable regarding how problems come about and treatment options. If you don't need surgery, he's not afraid to tell you!