Dr. Gordon Iiams Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gordon Iiams?

May 28th, 2016

prompt appointment due to referral.

July 18th, 2009

Very disappointing experience with Dr. Iiams.

I was referred to Dr. Iiams to have a sliver of glass removed from my skin. A local anesthetic was all that is needed. I arrived 15 minutes early for my appointment and had all paperwork filled out by my appointment time. It took over two hours from my scheduled appointment time (9:15 am) to be brought back to an exam room.After waiting for about 10-15 minutes, Dr. Iiams came in. Without looking at the affected area, he said I would need to schedule surgery at the hospital to have it removed (including pre-op and post-op appointments). He said that they would have to make a large cut in my finger and search for the glass. The spot with the glass was puckered- it was very obvious where it was and that it was not very deep at the time of the appointment. Asking me to come in for an outpatient procedure on another day I would have accepted, but surgery? Ridiculous. Given the demeanor and actions of the doctor, my opinion is that they were doing the following:A) Shuffling me out of the office without providing an adequate level of care in order to clear through appointments quickly.B) Scheduling me for a more complicated procedure in order to make more money.I canceled the surgery because I was unable to get 3 days off of work and have someone I know take time off work to drive me home.The problems I had with the visit were clearly explained on two separate occasions. Their response was to try persist in having me schedule the surgery. When declined, they tried to get me to say the problem resolved itself.The glass is still a painful nuisance. It works its way out and puckers the skin, then gets pushed in when pressure is accidentally applied and the cycle starts again. This would no longer be an issue if Dr. Iiams actually examined the patient (me) and provided a reasonable procedure for the problem.

September 6th, 2017