Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
great doc show details great doc
by Marie on Jan 6th, 2014

Dr. Irving took time and tried everything he could to relieve my pain. He dealt with my insurance company and was patient . I have recommended him to a number of friends that have given up on any relief. I would go back to see him when necessary, he is a great doctor.

"i have no intention of prescribing any pain meds for you..." show details "i have no intention of prescribing any pain meds for you..."
May 24th, 2012

it fell upon my rheumatologist to prescribe pain meds fentanyl and oxycodone for my chronic pain caused by fibromyalgia and cervical spine problems. I had seen Dr. Irving many times and he maintained that the rheumodoc would have to prescribing pain medications The one time he did, he wrote Rx for 100 mcgs instead of 10 mcgs fentanyl. My rheumatologist retired at end of Feb'12 and I asked Dr. I to prescribe it to me until which time I found another rheum.dr and he responded w/ the above quote. He misquoted me in his dictation right in front of me and didn't correct himself, thus leaving false statemnts in my records. When I told him I was almost out of my meds, he stated that I had better get ready to go thru withdrawal. I have never been more flabbergasted by a physician who is clearly more concerned about the government's crackdown than the wellfare of a patient.I will not go back to this man and would advise others to find someone other than Dr. Irving to help me to manage my pain.

May 14th, 2012

terrible doctor - asked no questions

Apr 14th, 2011

Impossible to get an appointment. Being a member of PPO, I should be able to self-refer myself to specialists, but was not able to get through this doctor's reception for several weeks no matter how hard I tried. Even when I got to talk to Debra (assistant nurse?), I still was not able to schedule an appointment before they got my entire file, which I didn't have. To get my file, THE DOCTOR had to request it! Talk about a run around... :(

Neuropathy Patient show details Neuropathy Patient
by Anne P. on Oct 15th, 2010

Dr Irving is the only MD I have seen that really knows what he is doing. He is very professional and up to date on all the latest research and treatment options. Just when one feels like giving up he gives encouragement, and is very supportive and understanding.

The Pain Doc You've Been Looking For show details The Pain Doc You've Been Looking For
Aug 30th, 2010

Dr. Irving's skill as a diagnostician combined with his determination to find help for his patients lead me to highly recommend him to those with stubborn and long-standing pain conditions. His sense of humor is a bonus!