Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Karen Mashburn on Feb 11th, 2016

after twenty plus years of orthopedic surgies, of going from bad to worse, I finally was willing to see a pain doctor. I was certain I would end up with even more problems and would stay on the downward decline I was already on after twenty years under orthopedic surgeons's care. I could not hVe been more wrong. Dr. Irving, and his supportive staff truly gave me my life back. After six months of care, I went from not working, and being very depressed, to finding a wonderful job, which allowed me to, on my own, buy my own house, and many items one normally purchases when being able to start a career as a healthy and mobile person. Plus, my severe depression lifted as I saw myself being Ble to accomplish the normal goals of life. Dr. Irving bent over backwards to help me reach the goals I had for my life. He truly treats the entire patient and not just a painful knee, or back. Additionally, he is very knowledgable about any new therapies coming into the mArket and is always open to trying anything new which may be offered. This is different than some other experiences I had with pain doctors, who find a therapy for a patient which seems to work, but never pushes the envelope if new drugs come out, and makes an effort to see if it helps the patient in a more successful way than their current drug. If the new drug does not work, then nothing has been lost, and you simply go back to the original drug, but at least the patient knows they have tried the new drug. But there are also times when the new drug is an improvement, and thanks to Dr. Irving's open mind the patient is now better off on the Newer drug. He also has sincere listening skills, which is not easy to find in physicians in this day and age. He will take whatever time is needed for each patient, yet he somehow keeps his appointments on time, and seldom is he behind his appointment times. I have gone to Dr. Irving for over ten years. I could not recommend a doctor more highly. As I said, he truly gave me my life back, and while I still struggle with chronic health issues, overall, his care has made a dramatic difference, in my ability to lead a fulfilling life. His holistic approach to my problems finally put a stop to the increasingly severe complications I was experiencing under an orthopedic surgeon care and constant surgical approaches to my problems. I highly recommend Dr. Irving for anyone experiencing chronic pain issues.

Highly recommend Dr Irving show details Highly recommend Dr Irving
by Carol Bodey on Jan 22nd, 2016

Terrific Doctor and great human being. I have been treated by Dr Irving for ten plus years.

great doc show details great doc
by Marie on Jan 6th, 2014

Dr. Irving took time and tried everything he could to relieve my pain. He dealt with my insurance company and was patient . I have recommended him to a number of friends that have given up on any relief. I would go back to see him when necessary, he is a great doctor.

"i have no intention of prescribing any pain meds for you..." show details "i have no intention of prescribing any pain meds for you..."
May 24th, 2012

it fell upon my rheumatologist to prescribe pain meds fentanyl and oxycodone for my chronic pain caused by fibromyalgia and cervical spine problems. I had seen Dr. Irving many times and he maintained that the rheumodoc would have to prescribing pain medications The one time he did, he wrote Rx for 100 mcgs instead of 10 mcgs fentanyl. My rheumatologist retired at end of Feb'12 and I asked Dr. I to prescribe it to me until which time I found another rheum.dr and he responded w/ the above quote. He misquoted me in his dictation right in front of me and didn't correct himself, thus leaving false statemnts in my records. When I told him I was almost out of my meds, he stated that I had better get ready to go thru withdrawal. I have never been more flabbergasted by a physician who is clearly more concerned about the government's crackdown than the wellfare of a patient.I will not go back to this man and would advise others to find someone other than Dr. Irving to help me to manage my pain.

May 14th, 2012

terrible doctor - asked no questions

Apr 14th, 2011

Impossible to get an appointment. Being a member of PPO, I should be able to self-refer myself to specialists, but was not able to get through this doctor's reception for several weeks no matter how hard I tried. Even when I got to talk to Debra (assistant nurse?), I still was not able to schedule an appointment before they got my entire file, which I didn't have. To get my file, THE DOCTOR had to request it! Talk about a run around... :(

Neuropathy Patient show details Neuropathy Patient
by Anne P. on Oct 15th, 2010

Dr Irving is the only MD I have seen that really knows what he is doing. He is very professional and up to date on all the latest research and treatment options. Just when one feels like giving up he gives encouragement, and is very supportive and understanding.

The Pain Doc You've Been Looking For show details The Pain Doc You've Been Looking For
Aug 30th, 2010

Dr. Irving's skill as a diagnostician combined with his determination to find help for his patients lead me to highly recommend him to those with stubborn and long-standing pain conditions. His sense of humor is a bonus!