inactive

Gordon K Wong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 20th, 2016
It seems people were quite pleased with Doctor Wong many years ago. I wish I had experienced that as these days he seems uninterested in patients and their concerns. I found myself being sent out his door within five minutes of arriving with nothing more than a prescription. No kind words. No interest in your well being or symptoms. I switched physicians and I couldn't be happier that this brief but terrifying nightmare is over with.

April 23rd, 2016
Dr. Gordon Wong seems to slide through patients for profit rather than care.

May 14th, 2012
I got tricked!
I made an appointment a week before to get a prescription for Malarone for malarial prevention. I would have been a new patient there so when I called to make an appointment, I gave the front desk girl all my insurance information. I asked her specifically if I am covered and how much would be the co-pay. She said the copay should be on my card, which is $20. When I went in for my appointment today, the front desk girl told me that she just called my insurance and my visit won't be covered and this visit would cost me $85. I had to call my insurance to make sure and yes, they won't cover this physician. I asked the front desk girl why she didn't tell me this last week, and she said they usually check the insurance the day of the visit since there might be changes since the appointment was made. I said how likely it is for an insurance coverage to change within a week??? I told her that I wish they hadn't wasted my time like this. I am writing this in hopes that no one else would be tricked the way I did.

May 8th, 2012
Although the office space is not fancy, the level of care that you will receive is impeccable. I used to belong to Health Care Partners,and after years of being with them, I switched. Dr Wong is courteus and will not hesitate to refer you to a specialist if need be. There is no ego with Dr Wong, just great healthcare service.

March 25th, 2011
I really like Dr. Wong. The only thing that made me give him three stars instead of four is his interests seem to be spread too thin -- he has a J.D. degree (law) and subspecialties in radiation oncology and an interest in breast cancer. That said, he and his staff are the best.

August 16th, 2010
Great Second Opinion
Dr. Wong was very thorough and patient. He was excellent in helping my mom identify possible diagnoses for her symptoms. He was exceptionally personable and provided suggestions for medications to ask from our usual primary care physician. We might change providers as a result!

June 29th, 2010
Great Experience
Dr. Wong is very professional and on the convservative side with his diagnosis and treatment, which is what makes me feel comfortable. They're also tech savvy, allowing patient internet access to medical files. I've been back to see him several times and highly recommend him to others.

March 19th, 2010
very good
After my normal experience of long waits, an inability to make appointments and annoying staff, Dr. Wong's facility was quite nice. There was no wait, his staff was polite and Dr. Wong spent a large amount of time discussing health topics with me. The price is extremely reasonable. No complaints.