Dr. Gordon Luk MD Patient Reviews

January 4th, 2016
GREAT DOCTOR, CARING, INFORMATIVE, GENTLE MANNER

April 19th, 2014
Compassionate and Caring
I moved here from Arizona to be near family. I have severe reflux with pre-cancer, colitis, and cirrhosis; and I need frequent follow-up. My PCP referred me to Dr. Luk, and my daughter also sees him. Initially I was concerned after reading some of the previous reviews on him and his nurse. But now that I have seen him for the past year, I wonder who wrote those reviews or what really happened. I love Dr. Luk and his nurse Rhonda, although it is difficult to get a routine or urgent appointment within a few days. I found out that it is because he only sees 2 patients an hour. But if I get sick, but not sick enough to go to the Emergency Room, his nurse Rhonda will take the time to talk me through what I am supposed to do, and get me in within a few days. I cannot say enough nice things about Rhonda, who will take up to half an hour to go over instructions with me. Both Dr. Luk and Rhonda take time to hear me out and spend time going over instructions with me, and often give me printed instructions. I have not been the best of patients. I no longer drive, and my daughter drives me; so I am occasionally late, and I cannot always get my tests done promptly. But Dr. Luk is always be kind and caring, and so is his nurse Rhonda. They do send a lot of reminders and call me to make sure I get my tests done, but they have never been rude to me. I am glad I went to see him instead of listening to some of the previous reviews.

March 21st, 2014
Knowledgeable, kind, but very strict
Dr. Luk spends a lot of time listening to my long drawn-out history carefully and he believed me when I told him of some of my very unusual symptoms, which many other doctors have rolled their eyes at me when I told them. After several tests he gave me a diagnosis. I was not happy and asked him to send me to Mayo clinic and he agreed. Mayo Clinic did not do any better and so I came back to Dr. Luk. I am now feeling much better, thanks to him. I think that on all of my visits he spends at least 20 to 30 minutes with me, and is very thorough I his explanations. And he asks if I have any more questions before he ends the visit. His nurses Rhonda and Ruth are also very kind and helpful, and spend a lot of time with me on the phone to try to save me a visit. But Dr. Luk is very strict (much more so than almost any other doctor I have seen), and very persistent in having his nurse call me or mail me reminders to get my tests done, and he insists that I keep him in touch with my ongoing symptoms. But one time, when I told his office that I could not get a test done because of family illness, he did understand and gave me 3 months to get the test done. All in all, I am very grateful to Dr. Luk, and I am glad that my primary referred me to him.

April 29th, 2013
Nurse not good
I am sure the sr might be good. But NOT the nurse Rhonda. She is very rude. as long as you do not have to put up with her..

November 18th, 2012
attention
Does not listen to what you say.

April 13th, 2010
Our whole family sees Dr. Luk and loves him. He is very well read and seems to know what is new in medicine. Whenever we ask him about a new or unusual diagnosis, he usually has that listed in his records, or tells us why it is not under consideration. He spends more time with us than almost any other doctor. He never brushes off any complaints or questions. One time he did ask us to schedule another appointment to have additional discussions (when I realized that he had spent almost a whole hour in my room!!!) He will pay attention to anything we bring up, tell us whether it is something serious or something minor, and recommend a plan of action. He lets us decide if we want to follow his plan (for time and cost reasons), and offer us alternative options if they are available. And he usually gives us printed instructions (one of the few doctors that do so).We usually do not have to wait longer than 10 to 15 minutes. If it is longer, he almost always comes and tells us how much longer he expects the wait. His office telephone system used to be terrible, but the new system is better, and we usually get a live person after five to six rings. Getting a routine appointment can take several weeks, but if he needs to see you right away, he has given us a same-day appointment.

November 28th, 2009
We love Dr. Luk
Our whole family sees Dr. Luk. He was able to daignose and help our son with an uncommon condition. He is now doing much better. He is willing to spend time listenign and talking with us. The only thing we do not like is the telephone system, but his nurse usually gets back to us within a day or two.

March 27th, 2009
Spends time listening to me
Of the dozens of doctors I have seen over the past 30 years, Dr. Luk is among the top 2 to 3 in terms of the amount of time and attention he spends listening to me and answering my questions. He will also explain things over using different terms, and he writes or types out instructions. Our family loves Dr. Luk.Although their office has a policy of not switching doctors, I have been able to switch from another doctor in the office to Dr. Luk, who was seeing my husband.