Dr. Gordon Neligh III Is this you?

fantastic doctor but not perfect

Posted on February 14th, 2012

Read previous comments. I was also referred to Dr. Neligh after exhausting the abilities of previous docs, and his specialty seems to be treating such folks. He asked me all the "normal" questions, but also asked me questions no one had asked me before, and over time gave me answers an explanations no one else had been able to give (not to mention treatment that actually worked after many years of failed treatments). He's very sharp (read smart, perceptive, and creative) and a self-proclaimed "geek" about continuing to research and keeping himself informed about things happening in his field. This seemed to place him ahead of the curve at times, and also made him seem unconventional sometimes, too. But it's this that saved MY life too, like the previous commenter. All that said, getting in touch with him can be difficult, it's true. He's bad at prompt communication EXCEPT when it's an emergency, in which case he is excellent. In a crisis he is attentive, caring, and extremely thorough - he is more interested in what's going on and making sure you'll be OK than he is about getting off the phone (which unfortunately seems like a priority for certain other doctors if you catch them at the wrong time). Bottom line? Yes, Dr. Neligh has his faults, but I would and will go back to him as soon as he is practicing again, and would recommend him to anyone who has struggled for a long time to find treatment that works.

Literally he saved my life.

Posted on August 8th, 2011

After bouncing around Dr. to Dr. and being told they were unable to help me I finally found Dr. Neligh. He diagnosed me as bipolar and after experimenting with some different meds. he found the right combination and...well I'm still here. I know that if it hadn't been for him, I would not be here today.

Best Psychiatrist I have ever seen