Dr. Gowri Pachigolla MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 23rd, 2014
Going to Circus
This review is more about EyeCare Associates then the Doctor. Be prepared to have a 2-3 hour appt. Deal with rude techs and not able to explain the results of eye test. I have had enough. Thought when the office moved to Cedar Hill problems and techs and office personnel would be nicer. Got worst. Be aware of what your are going into.

June 4th, 2014
A few years ago, I was diagnosed with chronic dry eyes and severe eye allergies. My eyes keep giving me problems and I experience a loss of vision, which got much worse within the last year. This year, for my annual checkup, I have decided to go and see an ophthalmologist. After a thorough research online, I found Dr. Pachigolla and decided to schedule an appointment with her. My experience with her was the worse than with any other doctor I have ever seen. First, though, I must mention that the front desk ladies were very nice and patient and they welcomed me in a warmly manner. Also, the technician who performed the exam before I met with Dr. Pachigolla was nice and highly professional. She performed a thorough exam, she took the time to answer my questions, and she explained and listened to my concerns. Toward the end of my visit with her, she dilated my eyes and took me to the waiting room. She said that I needed to wait about 15-20 minutes before seeing Dr. Pachigolla in order to let my eyes be completely dilated and ready for the doctor's exam. Dr. Pachigolla, however, rashly called me into the room about 4-5 minutes later as she was already ready to start with her exam. She seemed to be in a hurry and my eyes were not completely dilated. Dr. Pachigolla never introduced herself. She did not smile and was extremely cold and apathetic. The exam, which she started immediately, took her about 2-3 minutes. She performed it so fast that I did not have the chance to ask questions or talk to her about my concerns. The only thing she did mention was that the drops I am using are considered to be a steroid-type and that I need to stop using it. When I asked for another solution for my chronic dryness, all she suggested was over-the-counter drops. I explained that I have already tried all the possible drops out there and that they never helped me. However, all she said was to try it again and to come see her in a month. I usually do not post bad reviews and the reason for this post is NOT because she did not agree to prescribe me the drops I am using. I, actually, immediately stopped using them after I heard they are a steroid-type. The reason for this review is because of her unprofessional way of examine and treating me as well as her angry attitude, rudeness, and impatience. Throughout my entire visit with her, she was in a hurry and spoke with an angry tone of voice. She never explained or discussed with me about her findings or about my condition and concerns. Her exam was unacceptable! The week later, I scheduled an appointment with a different doctor who immediately diagnosed me with pinguecula and a significant thin tear film (about 75% thinner than normal). She said that my dryness and allergies are so severe, that if I won't get on the right treatment, my vision will keep rapidly getting worse. I am so thankful for finding my new doctor and will NEVER go back to see Dr. Pachigolla and probably not any other doctor in the Eyecare Associates of Texas.

June 28th, 2013
Very fast, courteous, efficient, cares for her patients
Very happy with her service. Other family members used her services and had cataract surgeries done by her. Will use her services again and services from Texas Eye Associates in Texas.

July 19th, 2017