Dr. Grace Cano-Debelen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Grace Cano-Debelen?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Grace Cano-Debelen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2013

A Pediatrician That Bites Off More Than She Can Chew

Let's see, I've had a SLEW of problems one right after another. The only reason I gave 4 stars in one category (ease of appointment) is because Dr. Cano and her staff are anxious to schedule and pack as many patients they can see in one day, hence which is why your wait time in her office is a consistent 1-2 hours. I wish I were exaggerating, but don't bother to be punctual for your appointment because YOU WILL be waiting. And not just waiting in the waiting room, but in the actual exam rooms as well (not as long) just for her to spend approximately 5-10 minutes with you. ON TOP of the fact she will make you feel dumb (especially if you are a first time mom) by asking questions regarding your child's health (she will do this small chuckle followed by a condescending tone of voice making you regret you even asked such a ridiculous question in the first place). My child also got sick during the holidays (throwing up, consistent fever of 101+ for 3 straight days). No one returned my call/email after contacting Dr. Cano and her staff although I was promised someone would follow up. When I finally wised up to switch pediatricians, they made it VERY difficult for me to transfer my child's medical records to her new pediatrician as if they did not want us to leave Dr. Cano. I personally had to go into their office to pick up my child's medical records (mind you I was 8 months pregnant with twins) because their staff was incompetent to fax medical records over to another pediatrician. Oh, they also failed to mention that it was going to cost me each page when I got there. Luckily, a nice young man told me it was okay and didn't charge me. Later on, I come to find out after picking up her medical records in person, my child's medical records were incomplete! And it wasn't just missing one or two pages, I was missing my child's first whole entire year! So I had to go back in the SECOND time to pick up the rest of her medical records. This time, they charged me per page but again, I was under the assumption they wouldn't because this was their fault for not printing my child's whole entire medical records. The older Filipina lady did not have the guts to look me in the eye to tell me they were going to charge me but had to relay the message to me (I was standing only a couple feet away) through Mae (who was very nice and empathizing the whole situation). The only reason I chose Dr. Cano as my child's pediatrician is because she saw my child in the hospital at birth. This is my fault for not spending the time to actually do my research on good pediatricians and for that I wasted the past 2 years visiting her with my child. Let me put it this way, you're probably better off going to urgent care/ER to see a doctor than to see Dr. Cano on a regular basis.

March 12th, 2013

Best Pediatrician Ever!!

Dr. Cano has been treating my two kids ever since they were born. My daughter who is 8 now has been going to Dr. Cano her entire life along with my son who is 3. And Dr. Cano has literally saved my daughters life twice. First time when she was a newborn and had such severe jaundice that if Cano had not acted so quickly and doing the correct blood tests and treatment my daughter would've had permanent brain and liver damage. Second time my daughter was almost 2 and she had a severe STAPH infection that she was hospitalized and had to have surgery, again Cano acted very quickly and sent me to the best pediatric surgeon. Her office staff is very friendly and I never have a problem getting a same day appointment. I will admit there can be a wait sometimes when waiting for ur appointment but to me the wait is well worth it when I know my kids are getting the best care possible. Dr. Cano airs on the side of caution instead of taking the wait and see approach especially if its something serious. Cano is very knowledgable and can break things down to you in a way you can understand it. She has wonderful bedside manner and is great with my kids. The staff remembers you and your kids' name after being seen there a while and are very easy to deal with. I truly love Dr. Cano and I feel I couldn't find a better pediatrician for my kids, I wouldn't trust any other Dr for my family! Hope this review has been helpful.

January 14th, 2017