Dr. Grace Crittenden MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 5 reviews

January 4th, 2017
As an RN with a painful health problem, my experience with Dr Grace, I have been well cared ffor over many years. I furst saw her in the early 1990's. She was the first & only Physician to give me s Trigger Point injection. I will never be cured or relieved of severe pain , but Dr Grace always comes through fir me. I did have an unpleasant experience with her Medical Assistant only one time. Once we discovered the error, I've had exemplary communications & support. I recommend Dr. Grace 100%. Thank you both at Casa St.

August 18th, 2016
First let me say I am glad we live in America where consumers are free to let other consumers know of their good, bad, and ugly experiences with healthcare providers. Unfortunately healthcare is like other businesses which means healthcare quality is not always high. It is hard to pin down exactly what the name of Doctors Crittenden and Sabo's practice is. Is it Cuesta Medical, Dignity Medical Clinic at Cuesta Casa, Coastal Communities Physician Network, Pacific Central Coast Health Center, or something new? I had an MRI done and then I waited for the results. I called several times and never got an answer or a call-back. I finally asked for the office coordinator. Almost one month after the MR I got a call from the medical assistant indicating that Dr. C. said my MRI was fine. That was good news. Imagine how I felt the next day when the same medical assistant called to say she found another copy of my MRI report on which Dr. C. wrote that I need to see a neurosurgeon! In the beginning I was very pleased with care with this group. So my husband began to see Dr. Sabo. Things went fairly well for a while even though he and his medical assistant consistently failed to provide ordinary and reasonable services, such as returning a patient's call; calling a pharmacy after telling a patient he/she would do so; electronically sending an Rx to a mail order pharmacy in a timely manner; returning two calls from a pharmacy about Medicare not covering the Rx he prescribed for a patient just diagnosed with Stage IV cancer; calling in lab orders; and failing to return the call of a newly-diagnosed cancer patient who called about pain. In that case the doctor on call was very caring and concerned and he took action to help my husband. When Dr. Sabo called my husband to say probably had previously undiagnosed metastatic cancer, my husband asked if he would be able to see Dr. Sabo going forward. Dr. Sabo responded that he is basically a sports medicine doctor and he has been busy with those patients. I am taking time to post this review because I am hearing similar stories from others about

June 5th, 2016
Sad State of Affairs
I have been Dr. Crittendens patient for well over 15 years. In the last several years I have been disappointed in her performance. This spring I have been to her office 3 times for the same problem. When I got to Rite Aid they did not have my prescription as she was unfamiliar with Dignities new computer system and wasn't able to complete the necessary things on line. When I called the office her nurse said I was LUCKY she was returning my call as she had 43 other people waiting for her to return calls. Although I liked her nurse practitioner she was very abrupt. I have allergies but had not been on any meds. She was intolerant of this fact and showed it in her behavior. After my third appointment at her office I decided to see an eye doctor instead. My issued were allergies but my eyes were super red and swollen. I was treated successfully by the eye doctor and realize nothing would have ever been figured out at Dr. Crittendens office. I had scratched corneas and was put on steroids for 5 weeks. My eyes took several months to feel normal again. I also took the nurse practitioners advice and started Flonas and Zyrtec. These drugs have helped. My hope is that by sharing this experience it will help the office to get their act together. It's unacceptable the way I was treated. I am no longer a patient at this office, as I have no faith in them and don't want the frustrations.

April 10th, 2016
Find it very frustrating that prescriptions are written lacking something of sufficient importance that pharmacist cannot fill them. This has happened on a repeated basis. Pharmacist calls the office and requests further information, but Dr. Crittenden and staff ignore the calls, repeatedly. Pharmacist calls me, requesting that I contact physician about RX completion. I do so, but get no results either. Such a waste of time. Doctor requests that I get testing done (example: for osteoporosis or routine blood panel). I comply in a timely manner. However, no results are ever given to me, even when results are problematic (i.e. Osteoporosis). I start to obtain my own reports, as I otherwise get absolutely no feedback of testing results. I guess I just don't understand how a doc could be proud of running a practice in this manner. Further, should some of the results of testing come back positive in such a way that medical action might have been indicated, and not only wasn't any action taken, no discussion even took place with patient in question, couldn't physician be risking medical incompetence? I know physicians who chose this physician to be in charge of their health regimen. They were smart enough to realize that it wasn't wise to be your own physician. But they are given the same degree of non-care. . .or perhaps lack of attention to detail. I have worked medically, and physicians in question of course have experience to know a red flag in testing when it might occur. I guess what I am trying to get across here is that we hire a physician so someone else oversees our care and writes our prescriptions. Sad situation if this is acceptable performance in medical care.

November 22nd, 2015
She is very conscientious and caring, sent me for tests, ie mammograms.