Psychiatrists
10711 Barkley St
Suite 3
Leawood, KS 66211
913-677-0500
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Nope.  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

I had similar experiences as others who gave her a poor rating--she would forget (or have no documenation of?] what my prescriptions were, etc., even that I'd been taken off a medication because of an allergy. Among additional poor experiences, she once tried to encourage me with religion, which was incredibly discouraging to me. She didn't even identify a particular religion, but when I expressed the fact that I was not religious, she continued to push the topic. I felt as though I was being reprimanded for my lack of faith, and being particularly sensitive to this issue as a part of my original long breakdown, this particular conversation pushed me several steps back in my recovery. I only saw her once after that before dropping services completely. I refuse to return.

|  Registered Nurse  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2013

Some case Managers are so sad. Dr Thomas is very compassionate and caring about all of her clients. She has more knowledge in one eyebrow, than in your entire head. The case manager that commented on here obviously does not do his job properly, or he would not have so many failing clients. A case managers job is help your client succeed, not talk badly about a superior. Pawnee has not lost that many clients, so for you to have lost five, you must also work for another company....poor them. As for the Dr jumper....also a sad story, there is no way any Dr would give you scripts for three months. The second you said you were getting another Dr., she should not have even given you a script for one month. Why in Gods green earth would you believe you were owed anything at all? And if you did not trust her, why did you want the meds so much? Are you seeking drugs? I hope no one listens the the two bafoons who wrote badly about Dr Thomas. It is sad, that that they were angered in life some way and felt the need to take it out on her.

|  Incompetent psychiatrist  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

Last time I saw Dr. Grace Thomas Pawnee Mental Health Services I told her I was switching to a different doctor and told the ladies' at the front desk she'd been completely incompetent as a psychiatrist. On multiple occasions Dr. Thomas pulled the wrong record when seeing me, started rattling off someone else's name and health information, she never remembered who I was or what I was there for - started asking what type of service my business provided..tried negotiating payment with me for her outside practice..while I was there for a mental health appointment thus wasting my time (and violating APA code of ethics!!). She was repeatedly unprofessional during the 4-5 times I met with her. During my last appointment, she finally came out to see me (after waiting 40 minutes past my appointment time) after I told the front desk I was leaving and I wanted my records pulled. I told Dr. Thomas I needed refills on my medications so I can have time to find a new doctor. She ''put through'' 3 refills to my pharmacy and quickly sent me on my way. Thinking I had plenty of time to find a new doctor, I've been taking my time trying to find a GOOD psych. I just called my pharmacy because I ran out of meds, which Dr. Thomas was supposed to call in/fax last month and I had not been called about a refill - turns out, Dr. Thomas only sent my pharmacy 1 refill when she told me I had the next 3 months of refills covered. Dr. Grace Thomas is THE MOST INCOMPETENT PSYCHIATRIST AT Pawnee Mental Health Services - and possibly in the State of Kansas. I am now out of medication (this isn't the first time she forgot to give me refills or refilled my rx's wrong.) I'll be filing a formal complaint to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment / Mental Health and the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board of Kansas. I can't believe this woman is still licensed. If you can help it, DO NOT go to Pawnee Mental Health Services. They clearly do not care about their patients well-being and their professional practices are abysmal.

|  the worst doctor EVER!!!!!!!  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

I am a case worker and I have about 50 clients and a majority of them are patients of hers and to make a very LONG STORY short she is horrible don't waste your time & money on this so called "doctor" she dose not talk,listen & care about her patients health and well being and 5 clients of mine that are also patients of hers died from suicide and she over medicates most of her patients without a reason also she has a very bad reputation as a doctor in the Manhattan/Junction city area I wish I could go into great detail about everything but there is not enough time & not enough space on here to tell you more about this monster of a doctor I hope this will help and remember always do your research (sorry about the sloppy writing)

Jan 5th, 2012

i find this psychiatrist unprofessional, cannot remember who i am or why i am there, and talks to me about strange things that have nothing to do with my medication or mental health.

Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Thomas makes an impact in the lives of her patients.

|  A Psychiatrist Who Cares!  |  show details
by Patient JDL on Nov 25th, 2010

I've sought treatment from Dr. Thomas for three years, and every visit has proven to be exceptional. I wouldn't normally take the time to review a doctor on the web, but Dr. Thomas has taken the time to get to know me, understands how I respond to medications, and follows up with me for treatment. Dr. Thomas truly improved the quality of my life.

Nov 13th, 2010

Dr. Thomas is a very caring and cordial person. I am very happy to have her as my doctor! :)