Dr. Grace Janik Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Grace Janik?

A true professional

Posted on July 14th, 2016

I am sorry to see that others had negative things to say about Dr. Janik. I came to her after two years of dealing with infertility, handled by ignorant previous OBGYNS, including a botched surgery by another doctor. I found her because my previous OBGYNS knew that my issues were out of their area of expertise, and they insisted that she, of all the doctors in Milwaukee, could help. They were right. Dr. Janik is the most knowledgeable and passionate doctor I have ever met in any specialty. She is very upfront, curt, and to the point, but that is because she is brilliant and she knows what will and will not work. She listened to every detail of my story at my initial consult, asked a million questions to get a clear picture, and then promptly diagnosed me with endometriosis. She performed a six hour surgery (my previous surgery was 30 min) to remove every single speck of endometriosis and scar tissue to give me a chance to become a mother and get my life back. At my follow up visit 10 months later, she handled me with such kindness and compassion, despite the fact that I was not yet pregnant and disappointed. I am now pregnant and no longer in pain. Since my surgery, I have heard numerous healthcare professionals comment on how unbelievably thorough and skilled she is. She was also listed as one of the top doctors in Milwaukee by her peers, as seen in Milwaukee Magazine. She will not oogle over you and treat you like a baby, I think because she respects the pain her patients have been through too much to sugarcoat things. But she is diligent and professional and will do what is best for her patients. She changed my life.

Be informed!

Posted on June 21st, 2016

I feel like I need to write this review to help others avoid this doctor and clinic. Infertility is so hard to deal with and this clinic did not help to ease this burden or help me achieve a successful result. There were so many aspects that this clinic can improve in starting with the first contact- the receptionist who after many visits didn't remember my name, greet me by saying morning or at least smiling. It was simply" give me the money I'll tell em you're here" all the way to dr janik. She has no bedside manner- absolutely no empathy or compassion. She looks at you like you're crazy for advocating for your healthcare or like you're bothering her for asking questions and clarifying information. She had very limited availability- and they were not very flexible in scheduling. I had to be flexible- changing work schedules, finding childcare etc and then I waited and waited and waited usually at least a half hour. A good clinic would tell the patient - hey we're so sorry but dr j is running late, we appreciate your patience or something but the communication at this clinic is subpar. I feel like no one knows what's going on- Another example of this is when I would go in for ultrasounds and the tech didn't know why I was there, what day I was on- this happened more than once. There is absolutely no wrap around care. Starting with the contact with the receptionist and all the way to the doctor and even billing. When we asked about payment, the billing person had no clue how to explain the charges and the accounting. Instead she shuffled us into a records office where we saw multiple charts, notes and patient information sitting out.This was super scary and unprofessional. Finally, the follow up was horrendous. I had to call and be proactive about my healthcare. After the procedure we went through I would have expected a phone call the next day or in the next week to see how I was doing or to simply explain next steps. I had come to terms with the fact that the procedure was not successful and that I would move on ( even after investing so much time, money- thousands of dollars and energy) , but when I received a bill, it was a slap in the face. It led ME to call them. ( they collect all out of pockets upfront and to receive a bill was unexpected and truly a final blow). I guess I'm only writing this to share my experience so that others may truly be informed before diving into this very difficult journey. To me, this would be a clinic you would not want to encounter on this journey😥

satisfied

Posted on May 9th, 2015

Dr. Janik's bedside manners are not great but she treated my problem and now I am pregnant after trying for 3 years. She doesn't insist on any surgical procedures unless all other options are tried out first. She believed in oral medication rather than any surgical procedures. I saw her for 8 months before I got pregnant with second attempt at IUI in 2014. Her front office staff is not friendly at all. But other technicians like Marcy are great. Be prepared for long wait times at her office.

Great Specialist, but be prepared to wait

Posted on March 22nd, 2014

I initially went to see Dr. Janik in 2007 after trying unsuccessfully to become pregnant for 6 years. Before seeing her, I had been to 2 other specialists to try to become pregnant. Within weeks of seeing Dr. Janik she accurately diagnosed my endometriosis and thyroid problems and took the time to put together a plan to conceive. I agree her bedside manner can seem abrupt at times, but hey, do you want someone to commiserate with or someone who gets results? Bottom line, she resolved my endo problems AND I now have FOUR beautiful children at home. I'm now considering birth control options - of all things - a minor miracle for me, the girl who couldn't get pregnant! The only other advice I have for people wishing to see Dr. Janik is to "clear your schedule". She habitually runs late, so be prepared to spend extra time in the office on the visits you see her. Staff/nurse visits, on the other hand, are prompt and efficient.

Dr Janik gave me my life back

Posted on February 22nd, 2014

I read all the reviews and to read that dr Janik will give up on you was the most inaccurate review I saw. I am writing a book about my struggles with infertility and endometriosis and dr Janik is the reason why I can have a normal life and even think about having a normal life. She was on point with her diagnosis, listened to my story for over 2 hours. She had a plan of action within minutes of talking to me. Some of you will think, yeah, surgery, well after my 5th one, and when you are in pain 24/7 , to talk to someone who actually understand what I went through everyday and doesn't make fake promises is actually refreshing. I understand that having a baby and stoping the pain are two different thing but dr Janik knows exactly what she is doing. I am now able to lead a normal life and it is all because of dr Janik, not because of Lupron or other drugs. Thank you dr Janik. My book will have a large part dedicated to what you do for women that have had their lives in pain. Think twice when choosing a dr. I am glad I saw for myself .

I recommend her focus on the goal

Posted on November 24th, 2013

If you are going to use DR Janik as you RE you will need to be patient focus on the goal and question unnecessary procedures. After trying to conceive for 6 years and been with Dr. Janik for 1 year am finally 7 weeks pregnant with twins, with her you need to focus on the goal of getting pregnant or whatever it is that took you to her. If you goal is to get pregnant she will get you there. She is not a good listener neither compassionate but a great doctor.

1st appointment very promising

Posted on September 21st, 2013

I just had my first appointment today with Dr Janik and I am glad I made the appointment even after reading very poor reviews. I am not sure why she came off rude and having poor bedside manners to other patients. I have been suffering from endometriosis stage 4 for over 15 plus years and Dr Janik has shown me compassion and totally understands my frustration and my pain. Dr Janik's staff was very professional and very helpful especially in obtaining copies of my medical records. I now have a treatment plan and it does include a surgery but I wish I would have met or been able to see Dr Janik years ago because I would have avoided a lot of pain and other surgeries snd maybe I would have met my miracle baby sooner but the past is the past and I am moving forward and I am very pleased with dr Janik assessment and treatment plan.

You won't leave without an unnecessary laparoscopy

Posted on August 23rd, 2013

She always scopes everyone. Regardless of problems...

Worst ever experience

Posted on May 9th, 2013

I spent over a year with this doctor and we tried IUIs without success. Long story short, she would not do IVF with me because of my weight. She became nasty, short and uncaring when I questioned her. I ended up going to Aurora where Dr. Hayes got me pregnant with 1 round of IVF. I now have 14 month old twin girls. Dr. Janik may be skilled, but her personality is foul. Marcy, however, who works at the office is wonderful. I would stay away from this clinic because when you are dealing with infertility you need compassion.

Highly recommended endometriosis specialist

Posted on February 28th, 2012

Dr. Janik is an extremely knowledgeable, caring, capable doctor. She treated my advanced endometriosis and returned me to a quality of life I thought I had lost. Other doctors, who were not specialists in this area, told me I would have to live with my pain and other symptoms. Dr. Janik was informative, thorough, and patient. She is also very up-to-date in treatment options and competency.

Posted on December 19th, 2011

Great Doctor with a very good team!!!She helped us to have our child!!!! We had 3 IVFs with her and all 3 were successful (3 pregnancies)! She cared about us and did an excellent job! I highly recommend her.

Run, don't walk, to another Specialist

Posted on September 22nd, 2010

How to define Dr. Janik:1. Rude and no bedside manner.2. Extremely long wait times.3. Shills you into spending thousands of dollars on tests and procedures that have nothing to do with the issue.4. Good chance of misdiagnosing your problems.If you ever see more than one specialist, you'll understand how poor of a job she does. I wonder if she's suffering from burnout? Doesn't seem to want to put in any effort, goes through the motions, seems to be guessing on treatment options.If you ask around and do your homework, you'll also find she's not highly thought of by her peers.