Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Oak Knoll-Edgewood Park
39 Birch St
Ste C
Redwood City, CA 94062
650-363-9341
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Aug 16th, 2012

Anyone with Hashimotos Disease and hypothyroidism please pay attention. Dr Kim was the second endo I had seen for my hypothyroidism. It was a disaster and her lack of knowledge in recognizing the symptoms of hypothroidism made me sicker. When I saw her back in May I was actually pretty ill with a TSH of 24 and feeling horribly anxious. Instead of increasing my dose of synthroid , she told me to lower it. When I actually saw her on an urgent basis, she barely looked up from her computer and had the audacity to insinuate I was an anxious person. This had been my first visit to her and she didn't even know me! My lab work came back with positive antibodies, indicating Hashimotos disease. She just blew this off and replied "Thats just hashimotos". Needless to say I left her practice. Outcome now has been wonderful. Iam seeing an excellent endocrinologist in SF. This MD has infinite experience with thyroid disease and has seen it all. He actually kept increasing my dose of synthroid and symptoms of anxiety went away. Antibodies went down and hormone levels were addressed also. He actually saved my life. I recently talked w dr Kim on the phone to tell her how I felt. She said she was sorry we couldn't "work together" and was happy I got the care I needed but at no time apologized for grossly mismanaging me or for her lack of compassion. Please take the time to read about your disease and be knowledgeable. Also insist on obtaining thyroid studies to determine what your thyroid is doing. The endo Im seeing did this and found out I have only 24% working thyroid. Dr Kim did not bother to do this. Keep searching for the best care you can. Your recovery depends on it.

Feb 1st, 2012

She is very warm, personable, and energetic. I feel very comfortable sharing my health problems with her. She is non-judgmental which helps me be fully truthful to her. She truly wants to help and I always feel hopeful when I leave the office.

Oct 16th, 2009

Great great Doctor. so personable and sweet too...Explains everything clearly and thoroughly!I would definitly reccommend her to others...