Dr. Grace Shin, MD
Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Andrea Berryman, Bullhead City, Az. on Aug 3rd, 2015

I consider Dr. Grace Shin to be an execellent Physician and Surgeon. Dr. Shin diagnosed and explained my eye condition to me so I knew exactly what the problem was, what was to be expected in the near future with and without surgery. After several months, I decided to have the surgical procedure done. The hospital were my surgery was done, Las Vegas Surgery Center, have the most caring nurses they deserve much credit . My surgery was done without any problems, the double vision was gone and I'm back to normal, 20/20 with my normal prescription glasses. Any questions I had when I called the office were always returned immediately. All I can say, if you need an excellent Surgeon, make an appointment with Dr. Grace Shin.

by John Startt on Apr 15th, 2015

Dr. Grace Shin I had a detached retina repaired by a Doctor in Tucson. As a result of that operation I had the sight restored in my eyesight restored but my eyes were very much out of line. I just barely passed the eye exam to renew my driver’s license. When I moved to Las Vegas on the recommendation of Dr. Hamilton I went to see Dr. Shin. Dr. Shin felt that she could help me and she did. I had a total to two operations. The first corrected most of my alignment problems and the second corrected it to where I now see 20/20. I consider myself to be an active person and being able to see makes all my activities more enjoyable. I tell anyone who will listen that I whole heartily recommend Dr. Shin to address your vision challenges.

What happened to doctors who care about patient care and respect? show details What happened to doctors who care about patient care and respect?
by anonymous on Mar 20th, 2013

Besides the fact that this doctor's appointment took about 4 hours of my time the doctor was rude and the staff was rude. The place looked like a pig sty. I don't care how good a doctor you are, I deserve to treated with a little more respect.

Nov 5th, 2012

Dr. Shin is an excellent,caring and concerned doctor. I highly recommend her to one and all. The assistants and office staff also get a top rating.

All Day Affair show details All Day Affair
Oct 23rd, 2012

I think Dr. Shin knows what she is doing, but I waited 4 hours for my appointment. That's ridiculous. I could hear everything that was going on in the office around me. I know for a fact she wasn't even in the building for half of the time. I heard lots of gossiping going on. I heard the staff chatting and laughing and then clearly talking about other patients(and not necessarily about their medical conditions.) Very unprofessional. I was treated like another number, with absolutely no respect for me, my child or my time.

length of stay show details length of stay
Jan 26th, 2012

The wait time and whole time you are at the office is about 3 hrs EVERYTIME! They leave you in the waiting room for at least an hour before seeing you, then you go in to a tech, then wait again, then go in to see dr, then wait again. The whole visit shouldnt take more then 1 hr. to take 3 hrs when u have kids is absolutely rude, and ridiculous. Shows the Dr. doesn't care about you at all.

Over 2 Hour Wait for a 5 minute visit show details Over 2 Hour Wait for a 5 minute visit
Oct 24th, 2011

Appointment at 9:20, waited until 10:45 then the nurse escorted us back, took a few notes in a room, and the escorted us to another waiting room with others until 11:55. Was moved to screening room where we waited til 12:20 for Dr. Shin to finally come into the room. She was done with her exam at 12:25. RIDICULOUS! They overbook their appts, and the staff is very rude. Dr. Shin has BAD Bed-side manner. Would never go back.

Love her show details Love her
Sep 30th, 2011

She is the best man im always excited to go even though im scared of the results but the staff there are cool...its funny becuase when there asking you whats the problem they write everything its a cool system...speaking off cool its cold in the office.

We LOVE Dr. Shin! show details We LOVE Dr. Shin!
by Deborah Avery on Feb 18th, 2011

My daughter, who is now 6 and has Down syndrome, has been a patient of Dr. Shin's prior to her opening Ideal Eye Care. Dr. Shin has always been good to us and has performed a couple surgeries on my daughter. I would recommend her to anyone!

Best of the Best show details Best of the Best
by Happy Mom on Dec 12th, 2009

My son hwas born with strabismus.... You would never know. I have always known what to expect next with her no surprises. She takes the time to explain what and why.Although you wait about 3 months for the appointment (unless it is urgent) She is well worth the wait.

Excellent Pediatric Ophthamologist show details Excellent Pediatric Ophthamologist
May 8th, 2008

We have been to many but I feel the most confident with her. She spends a lot of time with my daughter, despite her behavioral difficulties. She seems to understand the complexity of the medical issue. The only complaint is the waiting. The office staff is excellent, one of the few best we have been to in Las Vegas.