Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

down to earth, intelligent and a good listener show details down to earth, intelligent and a good listener
by Ashley on Oct 20th, 2014

I went to see Dr. Potter for my second pregnancy after being a patient at Smoky Mountain Ob for my first. I like her practice because it's smaller and feels less articial/overly conservative like others in the area. I never felt judged or stupid for asking questions. Other doctors I saw at Smoky were somewhat arrogant and didn't resolve my postpartum issues. Instead they disregarded my concerns and caused me to feel embarrassed in the process. After having my second baby I went several months with no period, was experiencing unusual aftereffects for my body and felt horrible overall. Initially I went to Smoky regarding my concerns, I unfortunately had to switch to their practice nearing the end of pregnancy to deliver in Sylva, but was offered no options. Dr. Potter gave me options, really listened to me and I am happy to say after taking the hormone she prescribed to me my body feels back to what is normal for me! Dr. Potter and her staff are all lovely people and they always make me feel comfortable. Some people might complain about wait times but I don't know what office doesn't have them. They are minimal and worth it! Great doctors are hard to find so if you're looking, keep my experiences in mind. Thank you Dr. Potter!!

Jan 6th, 2014

I will say this.. my baby almost died because Dr.Potter wouldn't listen to me... I'm told I wasnt the last it happened to and that's why she can't deliver babies anymore.. i don't know how true it is.. but after a botched surgery and a near lifeless baby I learned my lesson.

Poor Care and Customer Service show details Poor Care and Customer Service
Jul 29th, 2013

Was not provided with information in advance about Cone Biopsy in office surgical procedure. Called ahead 3 times to see if I could return to work right after and was told yes by staff. Was not prepped with sufficient information or medication to cope with the trauma of the procedure. There was no good follow up or observation period after by nursing staff, they had to go to lunch. Always had problems being seen in less then 2 hours, and had last minute cancellations. Not a good Dr. for those of us who are not pregnant. In her favor, she called to apologize when I called and complained.

May 6th, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Potter for about 4 years. In my opinion she is the best doctor in our area as opposed to her only competition. She and her staff really care about you as a patient. I have only had yearly check ups with her but I trust her opinion and judgement.

Great Doc & Staff show details Great Doc & Staff
Oct 13th, 2012

Dr. Potter takes whatever time necessary to work with her patients. She never makes you feel rushed, she is very thorough as well. Her bedside manner cannot be beat.