Dr. Grant Cooper MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 28th, 2016
You can't do better
My back pain was getting steadily worse over several months. I won't say that it was unbearable, but it was getting there. Dr. Cooper diagnosed a bulging disc pressing on a nerve, and gave me an epidural steroid injection. I've been essentially pain free for more than four years now.

August 21st, 2016
Best doctor I ever went to. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Cooper cured my back and knee pain. I did not think it was possible but here I am without pain and able to play with my children again and I have Dr. Cooper to thank for that. He also gave great recommendation and prescription for physical therapy. His staff and colleagues are also terrific. A+ all around.

July 30th, 2016
Amazed in NYC
I work and live in Manhattan so when a friend at work recommended traveling to Princeton, NJ, to see a spine specialist, I thought he was off his rocker. I had seen a "great" spine doctor at Hospital for Special Surgery and another one at NYU. Still, since I was still suffering with terrible back pain and sciatica that was keeping me from being able to even sit still, and since my friend was so insistent, I made the drive to Princeton. Dr. Cooper took his time to explain what he thought about my condition. He reviewed all my MRIs (not just the reports) and recommended a course of action. He was very nice and personable but I was skeptical because I had already had an epidural injection that hadn't helped me. Dr. Cooper explained that he thought the injection had been in the wrong location and that his would work better. He didn't pressure me at all but he offered to do the injection for me on the same day as my visit because he knew I was traveling from a distance to see him and it was hard for me to take time off of work. Dr. Cooper really listened to me and treated me like a person with a problem and not just an MRI. I could go on and on about how the visit was better than any other doctor visit I have ever had but suffice it to say that I got the injection on that day and a week later my pain was TOTALLY GONE. I was amazed. I was supposed to go back for a follow-up but Dr. Cooper told me that if I was all better as he thought I would be then we could just talk on the phone. So we spoke on the phone and he recommended a course of physical therapy and Pilates. I did both and to my utter amazement a half year later I'm still pain-free and doing my exercises. I feel great and I've even lost weight from the exercises. Dr. Cooper cured in one visit what other big name doctors in New York could not cure in several. I can't thank him enough. His staff is superb and professional. I tell anyone with neck or back and leg pain that they have to go see Dr. Cooper. If you have neck or back or leg pain, then you should too.

August 12th, 2015
Dr. Grant Cooper: A Class Act
Beyond being a brilliant person, Dr. Cooper is assuredly one of the nicest, kindest, empathetic physicians I have ever met in my life. I was in excruciating pain when I came to him and he took care of me. While he was administering an injection, I must have winced because I actually heard him say, "Ooh, ooh, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." It was as if he felt the pain, too. I was amazed and impressed. He engaged me in conversation for the rest of the procedure, taking my mind off it. And when we were finished, he personally walked me back to the examining room where we had started. I felt a thousand times better after the treatment and I knew that I had met a true healer.

August 3rd, 2015
Dr. Cooper has helped me tremendously. I had been to several specialists before seeing him and had had several series of injections and nothing had helped. I was still suffering with constant back pain and having to wear a back brace while walking with a cane. With his treatment, Dr. Cooper has diminished my pain to a very low minimal. I no longer have to depend on the back brace and no longer have to use a cane to walk. He is incredible! He is very patient and thorough and takes the time to render detailed explanations. He is the best and I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering with back pain. Additionally, the staff is professional, friendly, and accommodating. I could not ask for more.

January 31st, 2015
Very Special Thanks
Pain affects our lives in so many ways. Often, it is hard to remain hopeful and positive... so worried that maybe this time it won't get better, that maybe I will be bedridden again, or need more surgery. At my first visit, Dr. Cooper renewed my hope, and calmed my fears. He spent time listening, and provided me with a well explained plan for the future. He also provided the best up to date treatment available. I will be busy now with PT, and the proper medication. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have been directed to his care. By the way, his kindness and compassion are amazing. Very nice staff and office. Thank-you, Dr. Cooper!

August 15th, 2014
Don’t stay in pain! Princeton Spine and Joint Center can help you! Before finding the doctors at PS&J, I went to many other orthopedic specialists that could not do anything to relieve my pain. One doctor told me that my only hope was major surgery with rods and screws that would not even help me much. Another doctor told me “You have a bad back; I don’t know what to tell you.” The Princeton Spine and Joint Center changed my life. Dr. Grant Cooper is amazing! Not only is he knowledgeable and skilled, but he is kind, caring, and funny. He was highly trained at top notch facilities in NYC as was the rest of his staff. He has many strategies and procedures for pain management that will help you avoid surgery. His colleague Dr. Zinovy Meyler is another amazing doctor in this practice who used a radiofrequency ablation procedure which gave me my life back. Now I’m back at the gym and enjoying activities I never thought I could. Visit the Princeton Spine and Joint Center. You won’t be sorry!

April 3rd, 2014
Dr. Cooper is by far the absolute best physician we have ever met and been treated by. His is kind, courteous, has a terrific sense of humor, and is incredibly knowledgable. We have received complete relief from pain every time he has treated us. His office runs efficiently and in a timely manner, and his staff is polite. We endorse and recommend Dr. Cooper in the strongest possible terms.

June 27th, 2013
Gave quality to my life!!
He treated me immediately where other docs had me make several appointments. He's personable, knowledgeable and funny! A pleasure to deal with!

August 17th, 2012
Dr. Cooper is young, well-trained and very knowledgable in his specialty of physical medicine. My back and knee arthritic problems are being well addressed and the pains have abated since I've begun seeing him two months ago. I plan to recommend Dr. Cooper to my relatives and friends.

November 6th, 2011
I thank God that my doctor sent me to Dr. Cooper. Since 1998, I couldn't walk because of crippling pain in my back. Everyone told me it was just my age and arthritis in my spine. They told me to exercise and lose weight. I could hardly get down the stairs without help! Dr. Cooper diagnosed me right away and gave me two sets of injections. Now I am doing physical therapy and I can walk with only a very little pain! My family can't believe it and neither can I. I have a new life. I thank God for bringing Dr. Cooper into my life.

June 25th, 2010
No more pain!
I developed neck pain several years ago and was told by two different orthopedists that since physical therapy didn't help me I would just have to live with the pain. I was sent to Dr. Cooper by my primary care doctor who said Dr. Cooper could help. After two injections I am without any neck pain for the first time in years! He also found me a great physical therapist and I am doing my exercises with him. Dr. Cooper's office staff is friendly and helpful. Overall a great experience!