Dr. Grant Liu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Grant Liu?

March 21st, 2017

Excellent physician!

I would recommend Dr. Liu to anyone with eye issues. He is great with children and my son enjoyed his annual visits with him. He promptly submitted reports to my son's primary and regular eye doctor after each visit. The office wait time was long, but well worth the wait for this brilliant doctor!

November 17th, 2015

Bad experience

Over an hour late. Had not reviewed notes given to him ahead of time and this could not give helpful information on our infant daughter's condition and when we asked about it he was completely unprofessional and dismissive. He actually does not know much at all about neurology and is not the specialist he claims to be. Can do an eye exam but otherwise was very unhelpful and rude and even talked about how he was too busy to answer questions.

March 29th, 2015

Arrogant and refused to treat me

I booked appointment 11 months ago. Arrived 2 hours early to find Dr. Liu in another clinic. the practice left me a voice mail canceling 50 minutes before my scheduled appointment. He didn't apologize, but told office to reschedule. I won't go back. He was unbelievably arrogant. I had to hang around the building another 4 hours before my driver arrived because the scheduler told me he'd treat me for 4-5 hours. Find another specialist.

January 16th, 2015

Excellent Doctor in Every Way

I was referred to Dr. Liu by another excellent neurologist attending me for a "second opinion." Dr. Liu diagnosed my problem (ocular myasthenia gravis) the first time he looked at me and then asked me to have 2 tests to confirm it. I did and his diagnosis was confirmed. Being thorough, he also ordered a CAT scan of my thymus to rule in or out a tumor. Results not back yet. He has been extremely pleasant and courteous to me and my wife (who has been in the examining room with me on each visit). He is quick to laugh and makes you feel at ease. He explains exactly what he is doing and finding. This Doc knows his stuff. I really appreciate what he has done for me.

December 13th, 2014

Great doctor

I have had a ton of appointments with him in the last 8 months. He always have been very friendly and informative. He seems very genuinely care about me. Very personable. He even remember things about my daughters months later. Best thing was I was seen and treated before another doctor was able fit me in.

September 19th, 2014

Great Doctor, Impressive Credentials, Excellent Professor

You don't expect Dr. Liu to be as personable as he is. He explains everything and does not discount what you say but, rather takes into careful consideration to accurately diagnose and treat his patients. Every contact we have had with him has been impeccable. We see him at University of Pennsylvania and it is a teaching hospital, he is firm with his students because HE IS SHAPING them to be as incredibly accurate and compassionate as he is.

June 27th, 2014

Great Doctor

I read some bad reviews on here. I dont understand why! I have nothing but positive things to say! I have seen many doctors and specialists in my life! This guy was just what I would expect in a great doctor! My daughters eye specialist was concerned and un sure of a few things. Dr. Liu was confident and versed! Dr. Liu was a perfect example of what a specialist should be!

December 24th, 2013

Awful bed side manner. I understand he may be an intelligent man, but he has little compassion and is heartless. He is really a horrible person and I would not recommend him to anyone. He was awful to a family member of mine. He spent about 5 minutes with them, refused to answer any questions, refused to give them any information about their baby, and was completely rude and disrespectful. You may be a robot, but your patients and their families are suffering and deserve to be treated with some sort of compassion.

September 24th, 2013

OK if you live nearby

He's good, but you gotta do it his way (The word "martinet" comes to mind). In my case, that meant my wife and I driving 2-1/2 hours one way, spending the better part of a day for every appointment and enduring "Philthydelphia" traffic. He would not collaborate with my local neurologist, whose office is 20 minutes away, to reduce our travel time. He would not accept phone calls, and was loathe to reply to emails. I'm looking for a more "user friendly" specialist.

July 26th, 2013

Wouldn't go out of his way to help with a rare condition

I have palinopsia and Dr. Liu ran a couple tests but couldn't come up with an answer as to why. He wouldn't personally listen to my story, only the summary his nurse gave him. He sent me home hopeless and depressed. Completely useless and horrible bedside manner. Wait time at office was about 5 hours.

September 25th, 2012

Phenomenal Physician

My son has seen Dr. Liu a half dozen times. His bedside manner, especially for a neuro, is excellent. Definite sense of humor and appears to really love his work. It took many procedures and exams to diagnose my son and he was completely on top of it, always having a contingency plan depending on the results. He diagnosed my son with something he's probably had for a year and everyone else missed. I cannot say enough about how great he's been.The wait is always atrocious. It's worth the wait.

September 23rd, 2012

regarding pediatric patients

He did not review our records, order any tests, or attempt to contact docs who wrote former reports and performed former exams. he said our child's eyes were to good for there to be an issue. We were referred by a reputable source. He said he was the expert and whatever he said stood for the tri-state area. It's amazing to see his profile for adults at the Penn location. Our child's symptoms are very similar, but nothing was looked into. We didn't even walk away with a referral.