Dr. Grant Rine MD Patient Reviews

July 31st, 2016
Love Dr Rine!!!!

November 5th, 2013
A Positive Experience During An Uneasy Time
I saw Dr Grant Rine for Radioactive Iodine Treatment. The morning I first saw Dr Rine, we checked in and waited to be taken back by his RMA for general information on the procedure. She was very kind and compassionate, she explained everything very well and was able to answer almost all of our questions. She also made me feel better about being so emotional and suffering from "brain fog" after my TT - which she said is normal. After we spoke to the RMA, Dr Rine came in to speak to my husband and me and answer all our questions. He was very compassionate and warm to talk to and didn't rush us through our meeting. I was very well informed about my procedure, the medications I would be taking the week prior, and the injections I would receive Sat. and Sun. before the Monday I would have my RAI. They even wrote it out for me in an algorithm so that I could look and see what to do each day. Before we left, I was given a low iodine cookbook to help me during my LID (Low Iodine Diet) for the two weeks before treatment, and I was also able to call the RMA whenever I needed to about food questions. The Thursday before the procedure, the RMA called me to see how everything was going. I was very glad that they cared so much to follow up with me. Monday I arrived for my RAI and I was nervous. The nursing staff was kind and caring, Dr Rine came in and administered my pill, took the time to answer all of my questions, and came to check on me once more in the evening. My treatment went well in the hospital and I saw him again before I was discharged, which was this morning. He answered all my questions about my follow-up tracer dose in 6-9 months. When you have been given a diagnosis of cancer, you want to see the best doctor you can. I am so glad I went to Dr Rine, because I truly think he's an excellent Dr and I feel like I can entrust my medical care to him.

September 3rd, 2013
Great Dr - horrible nurse
I loved my interactions with Dr. Rine. Very nice, willing to answer all my questions, and very easy to talk to. His nurse on the otherhand was horribly difficult to communicate with and just an out right nightmare. I was set to have radiation on a Monday and it took several calls to get all the information I needed to prep for it. I also did not know I was to have injections on the Saturday and Sunday before I had radiation until I made a one last call on Friday to ensure I was good to go on Monday. So had I not called I wouldn't have known this. I wasn't even going to write a review thinking that maybe I just caught her in a bad month...but a co-worker of mine and then a seperate friend had to have similar treatments and they had the same experience. The nurse really needs to reevaulate the profession and area of medicine she is working in because she is horrible.

February 10th, 2010
Compassionate, kind and willing to listen.