A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Grant Skidmore:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Grant Skidmore, Neurological Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Skidmore
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Skidmore Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Grant Skidmore, FACS, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Essential Tremor
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Movement Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Skidmore graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock.
Dr. Skidmore has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Grant A Skidmore FACS and MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Grant A. Skidmore practice?
- Dr. Grant Skidmore has 1 office location.
Dr. Grant Skidmore practices Neurological Surgery near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Surgeons.