Dr. Graydon Goss Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Graydon Goss?

June 25th, 2016

From 1 Mom to other Parents, STAY AWAY!

I wish that I had read these previous reviews before taking my 9 year old son to him. Dr. Goss was recommended to me by the front desk person at my child's pediatrician. He was absolutely the most obnoxious, pompous, arrogant Doctor that I have ever been to. I called to make an appointment because I was concerned that my child might have ADHD or something else. I asked Dr. Goss if he also could do an IQ test as well. He responded, "yes" and we made an appointment. After about 5 minutes he had summed up what was wrong with my child. He was a "smart mouth, manipulative" child and it was my parenting that was this issue. He berated my son to the point of tears. I think he actually liked the fact that the upset my son. Without going into too much here, my son has been bullied horrifically at school. He needed staples in his head for one incident. Dr. Goss wouldn't administer an IQ test because he doesn't believe in them. I wanted to know if I was dealing with an average child or a truly gifted child. He said that my son was bright and that was all I needed to know. His tactics for behavior modification seemed normal and I had actually started implementing similar modifications before this appointment. I wanted my child to get counseling. I do not believe that one day a child wakes up and decides to be a misbehaved child. Dr. Goss told me that he didn't think my child had any "legitimate reasons " to have counseling. I found this a waste of time and $225.00. Heed these reviews. If I could give a negative stars I would. Stay away.

January 31st, 2016

he is the best

Awesome doctor. More science less lets talk about you feelings. Kind and very easy to reach.

October 18th, 2014

Anyone who "questions the legitimacy" of the neg. reviews couldn't be farther from the truth

I can personally attest (and I would swear on this if ever brought to court) that this man negatively impacted my life so deeply and in such unscrupulous ways that no words I can write in this limited space would adequately explain. Please, just trust the 1-star reviews, trust your gut instincts if they are telling you to "beware" and I urge you to seek mental health care elsewhere.

August 21st, 2014

Stay away!

We saw Dr. Goss for my daughter and he led us to believe she had no issues and that it was all my fault as a parent. She has been diagnosed with ASD, ADHD and has anxiety. He put her on medications even though he insisted she had no issues, so why medicate? Find a different doctor.

June 19th, 2014

Why can't I give Negative Stars?

This board disciplined (in multiple states!) "Dr" is STILL practicing!? Are you kidding me NJ Bd? This guy has ruined LIVES. He ruined my son's. Read up on him at the NJ Medical Board's site (and check out CA's archive too - and Idaho) and stay as far away as you can. Due to the confidential nature of visits, I unfortunately can't divulge any specifics, but this guy has no moral compass and has broken every code - from ethics to the way he keeps patient's notes -- oops, I mean, WHAT NOTES? He's the only shrink I ever saw or heard of who writes virtually NOTHING down. Is he even "listening" during sessions? Well, just listening wouldn't be nearly as harmful as this guy's actions, prescriptions and advice are to his patients which have been clearly injurious to many. "First due no harm" - isn't that the oath doctors take? This guy does the complete OPPOSITE! Trust me. There are lots of excellent psychiatrists in Monmouth County. Goss is definitely not one of them.

August 6th, 2012

Helped Me In Every Area of My Life

Obviously, I'm not aware of the circumstances or details surrounding some of the claims that were made here, but I can say that my personal experience with Dr. Goss has made me question their legitimacy. Regardless of what may have transpired with former patients, I would say that the quality of my experience with him has never been any less than excellent. While his methods may be somewhat idiosyncratic, he has aided me in improving almost every aspect of my life, and I believe ultimately that he is well-intentioned and that the results of his guidance speak for themselves.

April 4th, 2012

From my experience with Doctor G. is that I came to him for advise and walked out with 3 different prescriptions.... And he wanted to see me every 5 days to "monitor" me on the drugs, but I think he was after 200 + a session, because once I stopped seeing him, I never heard from him. Also he does not accept health insurance, so go figue.

March 28th, 2012

Dr Goss a gifted guy that takes difficult cases

My son had bad experiences with other doctors, yet Dr Goss engaged him, helped him through a difficult time, when others had given up. I see some of these negative reviews as being caused by taking difficult patients, but truly Dr Goss is a gifted caring person, and has helped turn my son around. I recommend him highly. Like with all professionals, i'm careful with my children

December 13th, 2011

PLEASE Do Not Ruin You Child's Life By Taking Him/Her to This Monster

I am a special needs young adult, who has been to many different doctors. When i was 12, my parents took my to see dr. goss. It was the worst mistake they ever made. Over the course of a month this man destroyed my self esteem, caused me to hate my parents for enforcing his methods, and caused mental and emotianaldamage that i am still getting over a decade later. So those of you who take your child to this horrible man know what you are getting itno, this man's mathods include locking children in bathrooms for days at a time without any human contact when they act out, accusing children of lying about their special needs in order to recieve attention, telling parents to destroy their children's prized possesions when they act out, and telling parents to coniously berate and insult their children until they can act 'normal'. For those of you who think you coud never possibly do such things to your own children, BEWARE! part of this mans evil is that he makes grand promises that seem just too good to pass up. He claims that he will have your child no longer acting out within weeks and this is the only way to make it happen. But the truth is HE IS FULL OF LIES, and the only thing that following his methods will do is ruin your kid's childhoood and cause them to resent you for years. I share this with you from my own personal expierience so that you may hopefully spare your child the horror that i went rhough and stayb as faqr away from this dispicable human being as possible!

August 28th, 2009

Thanks to Dr Goss

I found him easy to setup an appointment with, and then we went to his office with my daughter. She had been reluctant to share her history with a mentally ill mother, one who has been violent in the past. Dr Goss worked with my teenage daughter, and over time she became open to discussing the history of abuse. I thank Dr Goss for giving us a new start on life.

July 16th, 2009

Dr Goss was great with my son. He really helped him through a tough time. Excellent with teens.

July 26th, 2008

Dr Goss is helping my family

Dr Goss is helping my children and I through a very difficult time with an abusive former spouse. He is particularly good with the children and they find him kind and engaging. I know there is someone out there that had a bad experience (I read the reviews), but I also know that he is really helping my family. I'd suggest meeting with him and forming your own opinion. I am glad that is the route I took, and I also thank him for his work with my kids.