Dermatologist (skin)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Richard Sutherland on Mar 25th, 2016

I found Dr. Morganroth and his staff to be fast, professional and friendly.

Apr 25th, 2015

Very skilled, explained procedure in detail and answered all questions.

Angry Doc show details Angry Doc
Aug 15th, 2013

The thing I remember most about this doctor is how angry he seemed! Very angry tone of voice, angry look on his face, and basic attitude. He kept complaining about his coworkers, and when I asked questions he became angrier and told me about all the things he could NOT do, never what he COULD do. This after keeping me waiting for an hour! He was rude and dismissive of my concerns about a skin procedure I wanted him to do! I ended up canceling the procedure and going to someone else, because he was so intimidating and off-putting. I would not want him working on me if he were not having a good day!

Aug 22nd, 2012

Wait time for first visit was unusually long as Doctor had an emergency situation. All subsequent wait times were fine. No long delays. Doctor is straight forward and very forthcoming about what to expect. There were no surprises. Would highly recommend him and his staff.

The best at what counts most! show details The best at what counts most!
Aug 9th, 2012

Having previously experienced many dermatologists, I chose Dr. Morganroth a number of years ago based on his medical skills. I have no doubt that his knowledge, and particularly his surgical skills, are the best available. The results he achieves and that I have benefited from many times, consistently validate my decision to rely on him based on the most important factor, my medical outcome, in his specialty. Im also pleased to report that his front office is very personable and efficient

Dr. Morganroth is a great doctor show details Dr. Morganroth is a great doctor
Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr. Morganroth is a very serious and competent physician. He's pleasant and professional, communicates clearly, and answers all questions. He performed a lower blepharoplasty and no one could even tell I had had surgery done that same day. Although there was some slight swelling, there were no bruises or any marks whatsoever. In a week, there was hardly any evidence of even that. The bags under my eyes are completely gone, and I am extremely happy with the outcome of this procedure. I highly recommend him and would see him again for any other similar procedures needed.

Excellent doctor and surgeon show details Excellent doctor and surgeon
Apr 2nd, 2012

I am so grateful that I had the best surgeon possible for melanoma surgery on a large area of my face that with a less skillful surgeon would most likely have left me deformed at best. While he is exceptionally busy so does not have time for small talk he has been nothing but kind to me. While I did not need the small talk I badly needed a great surgeon who was kind and caring and that is what I got.

Excellent show details Excellent
Apr 2nd, 2012

Dr Morganroth did a cosmetic CO2 laser procedure on my face for sun damage and wrinkles. He explained why he suggested that procedure over others, eg. best results, less swelling, etc. I am only a few weeks out but my face looks great, wonderfully smooth and unblemished although still red. I have been back to see him twice in almost three weeks and he assures me that it is going well. I chose him carefully for his skill and expertise and highly recommend him. He was confident and sure and caring which makes me feel confident too. His staff is wonderful,attentive,caring and knowledgeable. I also appreciated the beautiful flowers delivered about three days post when I was feeling a bit lonesome. He is the best.

Is he a real dermatologist? show details Is he a real dermatologist?
Mar 13th, 2012

I was his one-time patient. On my second, a follow-up, visit, he even didn't show up. Instead, he sent me an intern in his office. The reason he didn't show up seemed as if he had a plastic surgery prospect, that will make him make much more money. I was disgusted. I never went back to him. He doesn't seem to care small patients. He now seems concentrating on plastic surgeries and co-founded office called, California Skin Institute". I will NEVER go there even if I had a plastic surgery needs.

Great surgeon! show details Great surgeon!
by Verna on Jan 20th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Morganroth for over 10 years because I get skin cancers. He has done several Mohs surgeries and plastic surgeries for my excisions. He is the best in the business and I would never go to anyone else. All of my scarring has been minimal; even for large excisions! Fantastive results--I am so appreciative.

Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. Morganroth is extremely knowledgeable which brings me great comfort in knowing I am getting the best care. Would highly recommend to friends and family.

Oct 14th, 2010

If he seems detached, he's not, he's just really confident and with good reason. He truly cares about his patients and he gets things right the first time. He is my "go to doc" when I need an honest, accurate answer. I have learned to go to him and not to shop around, it's not worth it... because I will just end up going to see him to correct things or redo something anyway.

patient show details patient
by patient on Aug 21st, 2010

I went to Greg Moganroth for my skin problem. I really can't even call him a doctor because I couldn't see his medical education from his rude, rushed and arrogant attitude. Seems he doesn't even have good knowledge,for he only spent less than 2 minutes with me after 45 minutes waiting time for him. What he cares is not he patient, but the money he can charge from the surgery. He is the worst doctor I can find in the whole world.

Very happy with the results show details Very happy with the results
by PH on Jun 18th, 2010

I had eyelid surgery and a vertical face lift one year ago. I could not be happier with the results. I look 15 years younger, especially in my jaw and neckline. I look very natural and even my best friend from high school (I'm 64) couldn't tell what was different just 1 week later--but said I looked terrific! This procedure is surgery and has its downtime in terms of pain, especially around the ears, but that is to be expected. I recommend Dr. Morganroth and am so happy that I had this done!

by Paula K on Mar 9th, 2010

Dr. Morganroth was referred to me by my regular dermatologist when I was asked her for advice on how to best counter the effects of aging skin. My reasons for going are cosmetic. I attended several of his evening seminars before making an appointment. He talked about his various procedures, showed lots of before and after photos and explained what services he offers and what to expect. I also did lots of research on the web and talked to people who have had work done at CSI and other places. Long story short Over the past couple of years I've had fillers injected and other more radical surgery done and wouldn't go to anyone else. He's a perfectionist, as he will tell you himself. And isn't that exactly what you want in a physician? I've gone back several times for post-surgical check-ups and he sees me himself and always has the time for any questions I may have. His staff has been wonderful. They are friendly, helpful and kind. I have recommended him to friends and will return.

Beware if you go show details Beware if you go
by Mountain View resident on Jan 24th, 2010

This was my first experience with a Dermatologist. After reading some comments about Morganroths attitude I was a bit apprehensive, but based on other comments thought if he was really good that I could try to overlook anything that might happen.Well, the experience was unfortunate and I wanted to share so you don't make the same mistake. I was able to get an appointment with Morganroth but our meeting never took place. An assistant initially met with me and after a few min came back with a trainee Doctor who said that Morganroth was too busy and that he would handle me instead. Okaymaybe what I had was simple enough to be taken care of by a trainee. Actually, the brief procedure turned out fine and before leaving I even felt comfortable enough to ask a question about a possible skin cancer blotch. Dont worry, was the response so I was content and paid the bill in full when I left.However5 months later I was surprised to receive a separate bill for $200. After several calls to find out what this was for, it turns out to be a charge for the question I asked. I had no idea that a yes/no question would cost $200 and definitely would not have made the inquiry if informed. When I challenged it, Morganroths office responded that the patient should know that there would be a charge for this kind of additional service. They said it was my issue and responsibility.I was stunned, and am very upset that Morganroths office bills these kinds of hidden charges. I paid, but feel violated by a practitioners office that I went to for helpBeware if you go.

Excellent MD show details Excellent MD
by KM on Mar 19th, 2009

I just saw Dr Morganroth today for a lesion on my back. I've had skin cancer in the past so I'm very diligent in having my skinb checked out anytime something weird shows up. At first, after having read the other reviews about Dr Morganroth, I was apprehensive as far as his bedside manners. i don't particular like to deal with MDs who are arrogant. My apptm with him was very pleasant, efficient and successful. No bad attitude on his side, very courteous, answered all my questions, volunteered to do more than I asked for. I totally recommend him and definitely will go back to him in a year.

Highly recommended! Excellent! show details Highly recommended! Excellent!
by Julie Y. on Feb 28th, 2009

I have been treated by Dr. Morganroth for skin cancer and for elective cosmetic surgery (face lift, eye lift, neck liposuction.) Most of my visits with him have been related to cosmetic procedures. He is highly skilled, achieving a result that is very natural looking. During office visits, he is intense and focused on my issues and my welfare. He doesn't waste time, but has always taken the time to answer my questions and help me consider alternatives. I have probably seen him a dozen times and he has always been highly professional. It is true that he is very confident and I suppose that could be interpreted by some as arrogant -- but his confidence comes from knowing he achieves exceptional results. He has zero tolerance for mediocrity, he strives for perfection, and I wouldn't want a doctor who demands less of himself or his staff when it comes to my care. I recommend him highly.

Competent &Trustworthy show details Competent &Trustworthy
by JJ on Jan 13th, 2009

Dr. Morganroth is very competent and confident. He spends the time he needs to understand the problem, explain it and solve it. That's what I want from a doctor. He was recommended by one of my doctors, who went to him herself for liposuction.

Gets the job done show details Gets the job done
by jfw on Jan 12th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Morganroth for almost 10 years. About five years ago he performed Mohs surgery on my nose to remove a cancerous lesion. Although during the procedure he had to come back not once but twice after the initial excision to obtain adequate margins, he nonetheless delivered an outstanding cosmetic result (in addition to getting all the cancer out!).I have also seen Dr. Morganroth for a couple of elective, patient-paid-for cosmetic procedures (laser removal of dozens of facial blemishes and, just 10 days ago, upper and lower blepharoplasty [eyelid rejuvenation]). In the first procedure, an excellent result was achieved. In the second case, it will be another month or two before the full result is achieved but, so far so good.Other patients have commented on Dr. Morganroth's "bedside manner". He is very confident and authoritative, and if you are passive or don't question him, you might interpret that as arrogance. However, I don't think that's a fair assessment. In fact, on my most recent visit, I came prepared with a list of five questions and two comments for him to address -- he expressed no annoyance, and he spent an appropriate amount of time to answer each one to my complete satisfaction.Dr. Morganroth may appear to be rushed during his appointments. I would prefer to characterize his time management as "efficient". He doesn't spend time chit-chatting, but he will get the job done and will answer any questions if you speak up and ask them (he rarely solicits questions, so you've gotta ask on your own). If you want a buddy to chit-chat with, go elsewhere! (My internist actually does spend 30-45 min. per appointment with me, but I pay $300/month, in addition to the insurance payment, for the privilege of this "concierge service", whether I see him or not!)I also speculate that Dr. Morganroth's speed and efficiency is driven by the fact that he is at the pinnacle of his skills and in his peak earning years, and probably wants to make the most out of his practice before the insurance companies and the federal government have completely trashed the healthcare system in this country (not that we've ever talked politics!).Finally, wrt the office staff, ease of getting appointments, wait times, and so on, I always found them to be good, but I think they have improved to "excellent" in the past year and a half since Dr. Morganroth split up with his partner and took sole control of the practice -- presumably because of better management.

Anonymous show details Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec 29th, 2008

If I were looking for a physician who was keenly interested in the welfare of his patients, I would look elsewhere based on my experience with this physician.

The Best of the Best show details The Best of the Best
by BAM on Oct 20th, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Morganroth's for almost a decade and have seen his practice grow into the biggest and best practice in Silicon Valley. I have seen him on busy days and he has consistently been a great doctor and has delivered the best care I could expect. One of the reviewers criticizes the doctor because he was sure the lesion was a skin cancer but it turned out to be a different kind of skin cancer that required the SAME treatment. How about thanking the doctor for making your diagnosis of skin cancer?! He was right that it was a skin cancer, delivered a great result, and you should be thankful! So what if he gives Stanford doctor fellows some important advice -- would you go to a non-board certified doctor? The Stanford doctors are lucky to have a doctor teach them about surgery and the non-surgery parts of medicine. Dr. Morganroth has saved my nose and my ear from aggressive skin cancers and I am very thankful. My scars, like the critical patient, are almost invisible and I would never let anyone else do my surgery.

Keep Looking show details Keep Looking
Apr 17th, 2008

Dr. Morganroth is a skilled MOHS surgeon lacking professional conduct and consideration for his patients. He is arrogant, perhaps performing for his contingent of Stanford fellows that accompany him from room to room. While performing my MOHS surgery he carried on a conversation with a fellow, talking about another colleague: "He's making a big mistake by not getting board certified. Over the lifetime of his career, it could cost him a million dollars." I felt as though he was unaware of my presence in the room! On the first visit he looked briefly at my lesion and pronounced with no hesitation:It's a basal cell [carcinoma]." The biopsy revealed that it was a squamous cell carcinoma. There was no damage done due to his misjudgment because I did get the correct lab diagnosis and MOHS surgery would have been in order in either case, but this man was so full of himself and cocksure that he knew what it was, even bragging about his accuracy. What a jerk. He did not prepare me for what to expect after surgery. I was taken aback by the zig zag of black stiches running down my nose, and I had swelling and bruising under my eyes. These results are typical, but no one in the office talked to me about it beforehand. The results of my MOHS surgery are excellent, but if I need surgery again I will look around and travel farther to get another excellent surgeon with a better personality. I have since commented about Dr Morganroth to other dermatologists, and they say, "We hear that a lot." Keep looking, friend.