Dr. Gregg Bassett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregg Bassett?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 20th, 2017

first impression is great

I have not seen a psychiatrist before, but I know he has seen my friend and my mother. So I tried this Dr. and the first visit was great, took his time and I agree with some of the other comments about not wanting to over medicate someone. He is careful about just writing a script....which is great!! However by the 2 nd or 3rd visit I felt I was on a time clock and left feeling less than taken care of. I am searching for another doctor just to compare for my own piece of mind.

January 5th, 2014

Superb

I personally have never been to a psychiatrist before seeing Dr. Bassett, and I didn't tell my parents when I decided to go (I was 18). He was recommended to me by my psychologist, so I just trusted her since I had no idea how to look for a good psychiatrist. At my first visit he spent around an hour and a half with me; asking me both basic and detailed questions about my health, lifestyle, and home life. Since I am young he points out my flawed thinking in a professional, respectful, and nice way. He did seem somewhat unsure about treating me since I'm neurologically not an adult, but not in a way that was off putting to me or made it seem he didn't want to treat me. My favorite part about him is that HE DOESN'T WANT TO OVER MEDICATE HIS PATIENTS. He always tries to find some alternative to prescribing medication; like trying melatonin first before giving sleeping pills. However, he also recognizes when medicine is needed and does everything he can to improve your mental health while keeping you on the least amount of medicine possible. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to improve their mental health and wants a doctor who is willing to take their time to help them do so.

July 6th, 2011

a satisfied patient

Some Psychiatrist offices run like a grocery check out line...This isnt the case here. Dr. Bassett listened to me, didnt rush with my questions and concerns and he answeres thoroughly. I didn't feel like a number, I felt like a patient. I wish more Psychiatrist pracitced like Dr. Bassett did. One recent visit, I was discussing some issues & concerns. Dr Bassett respected my opinions,and asked what I would be comfortable with before any other medical decision was made. I feel like I play a role regarding my mental health care with Dr. Bassett. I feel thats how a Doctor/Patient relationship should be to get good results. The office staff is friendly and if I have a problem my message always get relayed to Dr. Bassett. I think you are in good hands here.

June 6th, 2011

My only complaint is the wait time, which I think is a result of Dr. Bassett not rushing his patients through appointments. I feel that my health is his priority.He seems to be very well informed on current treatment practices, and I think he does a good job of making his patients feel comfortable speaking with him.

March 18th, 2011

rating for Gregg Bassett, M.D.

Dr. Bassett's priorities are money, his convenience and patient .... and in that order. Medical records staff are rude and uncooperative. Charges for records are outrageous and response time is very poor.... no matter how urgnt the matter is. The environment in Dr. Bassett's office is cold and distant. I will not recommend him to my peers or other patients.

January 13th, 2011

Great beside manner

I have had several Psych's in the area over many years and I found Dr. Bassett one of easiest to talk with. He listened to everything I had to say without being condescending, or arrogant. Which is very important to me. The wait time was 5-10 minutes which is superb, and he spent an hour with me on my initial consultation. Looking forward to working with him on improving my mental health.

November 22nd, 2010

excellent

Dr. Bassett is an excellent psychiatrist.

October 4th, 2010

THIS DOCTOR IS THE BEST

December 1st, 2008

Great Doctor, highly recommend!

February 24th, 2017