Dr. Gregg Hunter MD Patient Reviews

1.5

• Good
  • Bad

March 27th, 2017
I wish I could give a negative star rating! He was always very flirtatious and I confessed I cheated on my husband and he told me not to ever tell him. He would tell me how beautiful I was and attractive which I found to be very unprofessional and I just felt uneasy. He diagnosed me like many others of having bipolar disorder within 5 minutes of my visit. I was prescribed topamax and couldn't function and my judgement was all cloudy so I went home from work and needless to say I lost my job. I quit the medicine and went back to him a few months later and he was very arrogant and rude and said that he sees I'm ready to take the medication and his professional advice so that I can have a normal life. He pretty much told me if I stopped his treatment my life would be screwed! I was going to him because I needed help in diagnosing me and he didn't help the cause!

May 5th, 2016
Dr. Hunter misdiagnosed me costing me my employment
Do not go to Dr. Hunter he claimed I was Bi-Polar and refused to fill out my disability forms thus costing my employment. I went to other psychiatrist after that and I was found to have Schizophrenia, Depression, Anxiety with Suicidal Tendencies and Dr. Hunter was prescribing medication that made my diagnoses worse. I was found permanently disabled during the time he was treating. Whatever you do never see Dr. Hunter.

April 4th, 2016
Absolute scum of the earth

July 25th, 2013
Dr. Creeper and Mr. Hyde
The first appointment my daughter and I had with Hunter he was very unorganized. But he was new to the Area so I blew it off. Aa time went on he started feeling comfortable talking about stuff that was none of his frickin business. My "SEX" life. My husband is in the military and he wanted to know how I release. I told him that was not up for discussion. Over and over he would do this. Well the appointment I had last I could not make it because I had no gas and my son just had eye surgery. He refused to call in her Lithium which has to be a constant level. Finally I just couldnt take this kinda treatment anymore and I just raged at them. I just got my EOB from insurance because apparently he wasnt in our network. So I was paying out of pocket. He was getting paid by my insurance and charging me!!!!

May 15th, 2013
HORRIBLE!
He threw out everything my previous psychiatrist diagnosed me with and bashed them for a length of time. He rambled about how great he was throughout the visit. He diagnosed me as bipolar, as it seems he does everyone else. I was uncomfortable with him, and so was my husband. It seemed like he had me marked as bipolar before even meeting me and twisted everything I said to make it fit as a bipolar symptom. I will never go to him again and dont recommend else see him either

May 15th, 2013
Calling this "doctor" unprofessional would be quite the understatement.
One of the most memorable moments with this man was when he asked why I pulled my shirt up. (I was wearing a V neck T-shirt which was not revealing- I was nervous and uncomfortable around him) He told me that I 'wanted (him) to see that.' That I 'wouldn't have worn it otherwise' and that I am 'a beautiful woman who knows how to get what she wants.' During my previous appointment he diagnosed me with Bipolar Disorder and prescribed a medication for seizures that made me feel like a zombie. It seems he took me for a dumb blonde. (I had previously done multiple research papers on various mental illnesses including Bipolar Disorder.) He diagnosed me and gave me a prescription immediately. (Literally. He looked at my file and had me fill out a 15 question survey- he knew nothing about what was really going on with me) What got me was how unprofessional and degrading he was. He told me i would be DEAD IN ONE YEAR if I didn't go to rehab. I understand that this may be true for many people, however, did not have an issue with drugs. My issue was depression. I was not in a position that afforded me the luxury of being able to report him at the time I was his patient.

March 21st, 2013
This guy had no interest in what i had to say.He wanted his point of view and no one else's. He couldn't even look me in the eye.He rambled on and on.This was a big waste of my time.I'll never go back.

April 10th, 2012
THIS DOCTOR IS CRAZY AND A PIECE OF TRASH! BEWARE

August 18th, 2011
Not to be trusted!
I worked for Dr. Hunter and in the beginning things were fine after his wife started proceedings against him things started to change. I worked with him for 2 yrs and when the business finally came to a close didnt receive all of the pay that was owed to me and on top of that I was sent a W-2 in the beginning of the last tax year i worked for him and then late that year i received a misc 1099. He tried to claim that i was working as an independent contractor. Needless 2 say i finally received my notice from the IRS the other day stating i was considered an employee and not an independent contractor. I made a mistake by staying on with him because he kept after me not to quit when things got bad but i will never make that mistake again.

July 17th, 2011
Not bipolar
A family member went to him and he suggested a lot of sexual remedies for her. He will violate professional ethics if you are pretty enough. He was married and it ended badly, then he disappeared leaving patients in a lurch. Google him. A patient sued him for sexual misconduct. He was sanctioned by Mississippi for a reason. His demeanor is condescending and rude. He snapped at employees in front of patients. Steer very clear of this person! Something is wrong with him!

May 20th, 2011
UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
I would NEVER refer anybody to see this WHACK!! Unbelievably unprofessional in every way and form. The only time I saw him was around 10 P.M. and he yawned and complained how tire he was. Seriously. The 1st time I saw him, within the first minute he told me I was "bipolar". I'm an alcoholic. The only time I act different is when I'm drunk. EVERYBODY who had Dr. Hunter while I was there was diagnosed "bipolar". Go figure. He prescribed me Topamax for bipolar which if you look it up it tells you it will cause suicidal thoughts, HELLO!!-WHY WOULD YOU PRESCRIBE ANYBODY THAT? Then he prescribed Remeron to help me sleep which has WAY MORE SUICIDAL SIDE EFFECTS!!! Look that up too. He put my roomate, who was also diagnosed by him "bipolar" on a totally different medication. We were all LAB RATS. Dr. Hunter told me himself that the Topamax was NOT approved by the FDA to treat bipolar (it's prescribed for seizures) but that he thought it would help with my bipolar. When my husband came to visit me he told me I looked like a zombie. And that's exactly how I felt on those meds. I have no idea what my roomate was taking for her "bipolar" but I know I had to get her out of bed every morning because she was too groggy off of the meds to wake up. Above all, every time I talked to this guy he preached God to me. How in any way is that professional for a so-called-Dr. to preach God or anything of the like?! I can not believe he is still practicing. LOOK AT HIS RATINGS! And if you, Hunter, (I refuse to even acknowledge you as a doctor) see and hear what people say about you, you REALLY need to evaluate YOURSELF!

March 30th, 2011
BEWARE!!! GET A SECOND OPINION!!!!
This physician's behavior is absolutely reprehensible! In my particular case with a family member, he clearly has no clue as to the correct clinical psychiatric diagnosis. Truly out of his league! If anyone needs a good, solid psychiatrist they would be well advised to steer clear of this physician and seek other psychiatric physicians. I do not know how he continues to maintain a clinical practice with the behavior I directly observed.