Psychiatrists

201 Rue Beauregard
Suite 101
Lafayette, LA 70508
Locations and availability (1)

1.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Grandmother  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2013

This nut job diagnosed my grandson as bi-polar OVER THE TELEPHONE based on his 15 question survey, WITHOUT EVER MEETING HIM. His mother had custody of him at the time and never questioned it. My son did meet him and called him on this and the fact that he was prescribing his son a medication that was not approved for use by children. (My grandson was 12 years old at the time.) "Dr" Hunter told my son that basically was not his business, as his mother had custody and she was fine with it. Of course his mom was/is not the brightest most involved parent and was more interested in the SSI disability aspect of a diagnosis than the actual treatment. My son worked at a youth detention facility and began to discover that a large percentage of the detainees were also seeing "dr" hunter with the exact same diagnosis and treatment...same medication.(Resperidal - see class action lawsuit again Resperidal) Can anyone else smell a "kickback" from the pharmaceutical company? Not only should this guy NEVER be allowed to practice ANY kind of medicine....he should be in JAIL. NEVER ALLOW YOURSELF OR ANYONE YOU CARE ABOUT TO BE TREATED BY THIS CRACK POT!! Only reason I gave him even a "one" rating is because I could not submit this unless I gave him some kind of rating....it would not let me submit without. 1

|  Dr. Creeper and Mr. Hyde  |  show details
by Disgusted and Disappointed!!! on Jul 25th, 2013

The first appointment my daughter and I had with Hunter he was very unorganized. But he was new to the Area so I blew it off. Aa time went on he started feeling comfortable talking about stuff that was none of his frickin business. My "SEX" life. My husband is in the military and he wanted to know how I release. I told him that was not up for discussion. Over and over he would do this. Well the appointment I had last I could not make it because I had no gas and my son just had eye surgery. He refused to call in her Lithium which has to be a constant level. Finally I just couldnt take this kinda treatment anymore and I just raged at them. I just got my EOB from insurance because apparently he wasnt in our network. So I was paying out of pocket. He was getting paid by my insurance and charging me!!!!

|  HORRIBLE!  |  show details
by Schex on May 15th, 2013

He threw out everything my previous psychiatrist diagnosed me with and bashed them for a length of time. He rambled about how great he was throughout the visit. He diagnosed me as bipolar, as it seems he does everyone else. I was uncomfortable with him, and so was my husband. It seemed like he had me marked as bipolar before even meeting me and twisted everything I said to make it fit as a bipolar symptom. I will never go to him again and dont recommend else see him either

|  Calling this "doctor" unprofessional would be quite the understatement.  |  show details
May 15th, 2013

One of the most memorable moments with this man was when he asked why I pulled my shirt up. (I was wearing a V neck T-shirt which was not revealing- I was nervous and uncomfortable around him) He told me that I 'wanted (him) to see that.' That I 'wouldn't have worn it otherwise' and that I am 'a beautiful woman who knows how to get what she wants.' During my previous appointment he diagnosed me with Bipolar Disorder and prescribed a medication for seizures that made me feel like a zombie. It seems he took me for a dumb blonde. (I had previously done multiple research papers on various mental illnesses including Bipolar Disorder.) He diagnosed me and gave me a prescription immediately. (Literally. He looked at my file and had me fill out a 15 question survey- he knew nothing about what was really going on with me) What got me was how unprofessional and degrading he was. He told me i would be DEAD IN ONE YEAR if I didn't go to rehab. I understand that this may be true for many people, however, did not have an issue with drugs. My issue was depression. I was not in a position that afforded me the luxury of being able to report him at the time I was his patient.

by Waste Of My Time on Mar 21st, 2013

This guy had no interest in what i had to say.He wanted his point of view and no one else's. He couldn't even look me in the eye.He rambled on and on.This was a big waste of my time.I'll never go back.

|  ANNOYED  |  show details
by Angry Daughter on Feb 3rd, 2013

I URGE EVERYONE TO NEVER TO GO TO THIS MAN OR WORK FOR HIM. HE HAS BEEN MAKING MY MOM'S LIFE A LIVING HE** FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW. SHE USE TO WORK FOR HIM AND STUCK BY HIM WHEN HIM AND HIS WIFE WAS GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE AND HIS PRACTICE WAS FALLING APART. HE STILL OWES HER MONEY FOR THE 3 MONTHS THAT SHE WORKED FOR HIM. HE SAID HE WOULD PAY HER, BUT NEVER DID. WHEN SHE GOT HER W2 FORM HE PUT ON HER PAPERS THAT HE NEVER TOOK TAXES OUT WHICH WAS A LIE CAUSE HE TOOK OUT THE TAXES THAT HE WAS SUPPOST TO BUT NEVER FILED IT TO THE IRS. NOW SHE HAS NOT WORKED FOR THIS MAN IN 4 YEARS AND NOW SHE GET ANOTHER W2 FORM FROM HIM SAYING SHE WORK FOR HIM IN 2012. THIS MAN HAS NO SOUL AND IS OUT FOR HIMSELF.

|  unqualified selfcentered jerk  |  show details
by unhappt on Sep 9th, 2012

His record speaks for itself, lost his license because of drugs, sued for sexual misconduct to many sanctions to mention them all, sanctioned in mississippi. Told me I was bi-polar withen five minutes not alcohollic. He said if I did not listen to him and pray to God I would be drunk in a week. The pharmasist would not fill the prescription he gave because it would adversly interact with my current meds. He should be in jail. Says he is a Phsyciatrist when he is a M.D.

Dec 9th, 2011

This doctor is a crook. Do not go to him.

|  Not to be trusted!  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

I worked for Dr. Hunter and in the beginning things were fine after his wife started proceedings against him things started to change. I worked with him for 2 yrs and when the business finally came to a close didnt receive all of the pay that was owed to me and on top of that I was sent a W-2 in the beginning of the last tax year i worked for him and then late that year i received a misc 1099. He tried to claim that i was working as an independent contractor. Needless 2 say i finally received my notice from the IRS the other day stating i was considered an employee and not an independent contractor. I made a mistake by staying on with him because he kept after me not to quit when things got bad but i will never make that mistake again.

|  Not bipolar  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2011

A family member went to him and he suggested a lot of sexual remedies for her. He will violate professional ethics if you are pretty enough. He was married and it ended badly, then he disappeared leaving patients in a lurch. Google him. A patient sued him for sexual misconduct. He was sanctioned by Mississippi for a reason. His demeanor is condescending and rude. He snapped at employees in front of patients. Steer very clear of this person! Something is wrong with him!

|  DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2011

I HAVE HAD THE PRIVLEDGE TO BE A PATIENT OF DR HUNTER ON AN OUTPATIENT BABSIS. BOTH HE AND HIS STAFF WERE WONDERFUL. HIS DIAGNOSIS ( WHICH WASN'T BIPOLAR ) FIT ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS I EXPERINCED. HE TOOK THE TIME TO TALK TO ME ABOUT MY DIAGNOSIS, THE TREATMENT, AND OTHER INTERVENTIONS. HE WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE FIELD OF PSYCHIATRY. I SAW HIM FOR ONE YEAR AND ALWAYS HAD GOOD INTERACTION WITH HIM AND THE STAFF. I WAS SO IMPRESSED THAT I ALSO SUGGESTED HIM TO OTHERS. I WILL AGREE THAT HE IS A LIL; ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES. HOWEVER, HE IS VERY CARING AND DEDICATED. IF NEED BE, I WOULD DEFINATELY RETURN.---K

|  UNPROFESSIONAL!!!  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

I would NEVER refer anybody to see this WHACK!! Unbelievably unprofessional in every way and form. The only time I saw him was around 10 P.M. and he yawned and complained how tire he was. Seriously. The 1st time I saw him, within the first minute he told me I was "bipolar". I'm an alcoholic. The only time I act different is when I'm drunk. EVERYBODY who had Dr. Hunter while I was there was diagnosed "bipolar". Go figure. He prescribed me Topamax for bipolar which if you look it up it tells you it will cause suicidal thoughts, HELLO!!-WHY WOULD YOU PRESCRIBE ANYBODY THAT? Then he prescribed Remeron to help me sleep which has WAY MORE SUICIDAL SIDE EFFECTS!!! Look that up too. He put my roomate, who was also diagnosed by him "bipolar" on a totally different medication. We were all LAB RATS. Dr. Hunter told me himself that the Topamax was NOT approved by the FDA to treat bipolar (it's prescribed for seizures) but that he thought it would help with my bipolar. When my husband came to visit me he told me I looked like a zombie. And that's exactly how I felt on those meds. I have no idea what my roomate was taking for her "bipolar" but I know I had to get her out of bed every morning because she was too groggy off of the meds to wake up. Above all, every time I talked to this guy he preached God to me. How in any way is that professional for a so-called-Dr. to preach God or anything of the like?! I can not believe he is still practicing. LOOK AT HIS RATINGS! And if you, Hunter, (I refuse to even acknowledge you as a doctor) see and hear what people say about you, you REALLY need to evaluate YOURSELF!

|  BEWARE!!! GET A SECOND OPINION!!!!  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

This physician's behavior is absolutely reprehensible! In my particular case with a family member, he clearly has no clue as to the correct clinical psychiatric diagnosis. Truly out of his league! If anyone needs a good, solid psychiatrist they would be well advised to steer clear of this physician and seek other psychiatric physicians. I do not know how he continues to maintain a clinical practice with the behavior I directly observed.

|  Pitiful  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

Do not recommend at all.

Oct 24th, 2010

There isn't much good i can say about dr. hunter who practiced in houma louisiana. He us patients hanging when he couldn't see us any more because his license was suspended by the medical board. There was no other doctor to take his place so i had to find someone else after waiting for a year for him to return to practice. His staff continued to tell me that he was coming back but never did. In my honest opinion he is a very irresponsible person and wouldn't want some one like that to be my doctor.

|  Unprofessional.  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

He carries a lot of prejudice with him, and he lets it influence the care he provides. My fiance' has seen him a few times, and he's ignored her medical history because he thinks doctors from the Houma and New Orleans areas are worthless. He based his diagnosis and treatment on the fact that my fiance' follows a different religion. He singled her out in group therapy sessions and put a lot of pressure on her after she issued a complaint about his actions to his superiors. He does not carry a professional attitude towards work, and I doubt in his ability to handle patients effectively.

Aug 2nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

will be seen if he can overcome himself and take care and peaple can confide in him

Read Full Review at yahoo.com