Dr. Gregorius Penilla MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 4th, 2015
Terrible physician
He required me to pay for four subsequent office visits even though I only needed repeat labs drawn. His physical exam was poor, and his medical knowledge about my condition (hypothyroidism) in relation to my lab results was subpar. It seems he merely wanted to charge me for office visits since he offered nothing in addition to my lab draw visits. I asked to simply have the labs drawn, and he said he "needed to see me" but asked no additional questions and simply listened to my heart and lungs, while he charged for a full exam.

March 14th, 2012
Good Doctor/Poor office staff
The doctor is good. My review deals more with the support staff/nurses. The office staff give patients the first impression, and are often times the ones you actually deal with more than the doc himself. This staff seems inconvenienced by patient questions/requests. In my specific recent dealings with them, I was following up with Dr. Penilla after a visit to the the ER and the Chiropractor for severe back pain. After being told that they would not order a necessary MRI because "insurance would not cover it", I discovered they did not even bother to call my insurance to check on it and were very rude when I called back to say that I had called my own insurance and that they do in fact cover it. I ended up having to get a different doctor to order the MRI to find out about 2 herniated discs causing me severe pain. They were not helpful or sympathetic at all, which I feel is an important characteristic of a doctor's office staff.

April 10th, 2010
Excellent physician
I highly recomment Dr Penilla, I have been seeing him for several years as well as other family members. He always provides excellent service, gets the diagnosis right the first time, every time. It is a very pleaseant visit each time.