Sports Medicine Specialist, Physiatrists, Pain Management Specialist

74B Centennial Loop
Ste 100
Eugene, OR 97401
541-393-0100
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

by PJ on Jun 20th, 2014

Dr. Moore listened with interest to my multiple complaints on pain. He changed my medication which helped and he has plans to do some tests and procedures that none of the other pain specialist ever mentioned. I am hopeful for results now that I have a doctor who really wants to help. The employees working with him are very nice and friendly. Appointment times are kept on Schedule. I have been to the office several times without any problems.

|  Extremely rude  |  show details
by John on Jul 7th, 2013

All his treatments were useless, and his standard is to reduce the prescriptions that left me in more pain. He refuses to answer questions and told me I did not have a good memory when HE would forget and then when I showed him my notes that I take at every visit, he'd recant but still proceed with his arogant, pronouncements. I can take doctors who may not have the best bed-side manner, if they know their stuff- this guy is rude AND ineffective.

Apr 20th, 2013

I went in to learn more about my chronic back prolems. He rushed through the exam and basically told me to take anti-inflation drugs and see a chiropractor. He said that I would be seen the next day -and that he would see to it. I never received a call. Then he prescribed a $1000 prescription without telling me the asronomical cost - or that I could get a similar drug at a reasonable cost. The pharmacist told me about this and offered to call the dr to change the prescription. The office said dr Moore was busy and that he would call back. I never received a call. Totally unacceptable treatment and care.

Mar 28th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Moore and his PA for about 3 months and I am not a satisfied patient at all. After today being officially diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both hands and peripheral neuropathy in both lower extremities just below the knee and down my treatment really has not changed much. Like the last review he has he lowered my pain medication dosage by two less a day so I went from 6 a day to 4 and then tries to replace it with other meds. I had been on that dosage for years and it is what works. Also I am a sole provider of my household and I tell him and his PA I don't have money to throw away on meds that might work. So then when I tell him I am taking 15 20 ibuprofen green gel caps a day he says stop your destroying your liver so I ask well since you lower my dose will you prescribe me the same med with ibuprofen instead of tylenol and I get the answer nope and dont even ask. I try to explain why and he cuts me off saying just forget about it as if Iam 2 yrs. old. With his bed side manners I don't even know why he wants to be a doctor a pain doctor at that. Pain doctors need to be compassionate. He is obviously there for the insurance check. It's as though my care isn't patient centered at all but compared with his other patients and put under one big umbrella. I work in health care and the GNP I work with is appalled by his uncouth behavior. Definitely tried to give this pain doctor a chance and I feel he has failed me as a patient mnd my pain that is still very uncontrolled.

Feb 18th, 2013

I'm not sure yet. I've had migraines for 40 yrs. After 3 surgeries to my neck, the migraines have decreased to a couple a week. I was seeing another doctor in the clinic and she left. I was referred to Dr. Moore. It was a month before I could be seen. In the meantime, Dr. Moore decreased the pain medication to 2 a day. The migraine medication was causing severe side effects. He hadn't seen me yet. But he still refused to okay the dose his colleague had prescribed. When I finally did meet him, he scheduled me for injections in my neck. I'm nervous about them but feel there are no other alternatives at present. I was shown a video of the procedure. Even more nervous now. Hopefully, future meetings will be more productive.